Double Talkin Jive Dedication to Izzy in '93

As most of you know that Axl was pissed at Izzy for leaving the band and in 93 Axl had told Izzy to join the band but Izzy said No and also filled in for sometime when Gilby had an Accident and left again

When Izzy wanted to join the band again in 1995, then also Axl told Izzy that you did this and you did that, then in 2001 I guess Izzy had gone to Axl's house but he was not allowed in, so how did they patch up their friendship again?

And do you think it was right of Axl to say Fuck Izzy while dedicating this song to him?

When izzy did the 5 shows in 93, he only agreed on the condition that he'd get paid the money that was owed to him, so maybe just a dispute over that. they also had different values at that point in their lives, what mattered to axl didn't matter to him.

Hate leads to suffering

Edited by Mendez

I don't blame Axl for saying something like Double Talkin Jive describes Izzy. I mean, I'm sure Axl was a nightmare, but every breakup between friends has 2 sides to the story

Interesting since Axl seems always to be the one who can't comprehend that there could be any side to the story but his own.

I don't blame Axl for saying something like Double Talkin Jive describes Izzy. I mean, I'm sure Axl was a nightmare, but every breakup between friends has 2 sides to the story

Got a problem? Here's the hot tip - don't play the song the man sang and wrote and especially don't make it the centerpiece of a concert for two years.

Double hot tip, if a guy writes and plays on a song have the bloody decency to turn his guitar up. I can't describe the idiocy of say, the mixing in Back of Bitch where Izzy plays the intro lead and then his rhythm track is an absolute whimper which gets slightly louder during the chorus.

Is it possible to read a thread on this forum without bashing someone. While there's a lot to be explained from the fate of Guns in the early 90's, I refuse to blame Axl on everything. Before Sorum joined and he would eventually be snorting cocaine of the backs of prostitute's and thinking he knows what's best for the band in numerous quotes, behind the music etc. The whole band was fucked up besides Axl if he was fucked up or not I don't think he went off stage shot up into his feet and came back onstage and performed. Izzy was a coke & heroin junkie, paranoid of his own shadow, finding checks in his pocket for thousands of dollars life changing amounts of money to you & me. Izzy got into pretty bad shit when he urinated on that plane and as quiet as Izzy is I don't think his laid back nature could tolerate anymore bullshit behaviour from the band or what he had caused himself. I'm sure I read he walked into managements office with lawyers demanding money. Adler and his mom demanded and got money with ambulance chasing attorneys. I think Axl was done dealing with fucked up individuals when he himself has his demons like we all do and dealing with childhood issues. Maybe he felt abandoned by Izzy. I'm not saying Axl is innocent by a long shot but these five guys need to realise that the fans made them, made them rich, if you wanna go into the middle of nowhere and ride donuts up a tree the fans made you rich & you can afford to do what you want now. Just acknowledge it sometime and show some appreciation.

As far as I know, Izzy was totally clean when the illusions tour started.

Maybe so he quit just like the other untouchables Duff & Slash. I think Izzy only managed about half of the Illusion era maybe less.

Edited by wkuk04

It came across that GNR management held Izzy's royalty money hostage if he didn't agree to cover for Gilby. I don't know if Izzy relapsed or just didn't give a shit when he did those shows, but he said his only motivation was GNR going to places they hadn't played before and he could enjoy the sightseeing aspect of it.

• Like 1

He also said when he joined for the shows, he felt very disconnected with the band, they were not like a family like before and very much in their own worlds like how the new band is, Slash and Duff were doing their own shit, most prob. Matt joined them, Axl was busy fighting and going crazy with people and well no one gives a fuck about Dizzy lol

Got a problem? Here's the hot tip - don't play the song the man sang and wrote and especially don't make it the centerpiece of a concert for two years.

Double hot tip, if a guy writes and plays on a song have the bloody decency to turn his guitar up. I can't describe the idiocy of say, the mixing in Back of Bitch where Izzy plays the intro lead and then his rhythm track is an absolute whimper which gets slightly louder during the chorus.

Slash: "As much as has gone on, and as much as I resent Izzy for quitting and all that, and leaving me in weird spots where I had to find a replacement weeks before the next leg of a tour, or if he didn't play on the "Use Your Illusion" records - which is for the most part true - looking back on it, Izzy's Izzy."
MH: What do you mean he didn't play on "...Illusion" albums?!

Slash: "I had to double guitars up for him on most of it. He didn't play very much."

I agree that instead of playing the track, choosing to not play the track would be more sincere in Axl's disapproval of Izzy, how he left, and why he left. But LOL @ Double Talking Jive being the centerpiece of the UYI tour

I just think it's an interesting nugget of information that Axl sees Izzy in the lyrics of Double Talkin Jive. Provides nice insight to how Axl perceived Izzy leaving the band

Interesting since Axl seems always to be the one who can't comprehend that there could be any side to the story but his own.

He made peace with Izzy, Duff, and Steven (at least at one point in the last 10 years). I'm sure Axl is extremely hard to deal with, but Slash is really the only classic lineup member we've never seen him work things out with. 3 out of 4 isn't bad.

I'm not even trying to defend him. But it's unfair to act like he can't get along with and has never tried to makeup with any of the classic lineup members

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Is it possible to read a thread on this forum without bashing someone. While there's a lot to be explained from the fate of Guns in the early 90's, I refuse to blame Axl on everything. Before Sorum joined and he would eventually be snorting cocaine of the backs of prostitute's and thinking he knows what's best for the band in numerous quotes, behind the music etc. The whole band was fucked up besides Axl if he was fucked up or not I don't think he went off stage shot up into his feet and came back onstage and performed. Izzy was a coke & heroin junkie, paranoid of his own shadow, finding checks in his pocket for thousands of dollars life changing amounts of money to you & me. Izzy got into pretty bad shit when he urinated on that plane and as quiet as Izzy is I don't think his laid back nature could tolerate anymore bullshit behaviour from the band or what he had caused himself. I'm sure I read he walked into managements office with lawyers demanding money. Adler and his mom demanded and got money with ambulance chasing attorneys. I think Axl was done dealing with fucked up individuals when he himself has his demons like we all do and dealing with childhood issues. Maybe he felt abandoned by Izzy. I'm not saying Axl is innocent by a long shot but these five guys need to realise that the fans made them, made them rich, if you wanna go into the middle of nowhere and ride donuts up a tree the fans made you rich & you can afford to do what you want now. Just acknowledge it sometime and show some appreciation.

Is it possible for you to talk about the old band without bringing up their drug use?

Those junkies helped write Appetite. Lies. Both Illusions.

Izzy, Axl's best friend quit.

Slash, Duff and Sorum might have been using drugs. But they showed up to every writing session, rehearsal and concert ready to perform.

How many shows were late or cancelled because of the junkies as opposed to because of Axl?

How many practices and rehearsals did the Junkies miss compared to Axl.

Mods, can you deduct a point from WK every time he downgrades the classic line ups contributions to GnR by calling them junkies.

I like how high and mighty everyone is that comes down on Axl for being pissed at Izzy up and quitting in the middle of the bands peak. Like you wouldn't be mad.

Is it possible to read a thread on this forum without bashing someone?

Nope. The best part is, people are bashing Axl for bashing someone, and they don't see the irony.

"That guy is a fucking prick for calling that guy a fucking prick,"

Edited by DeadSlash
  • Like 1