Let's cover a classic GNR song!

I'm in. I'll play some guitar lead or rhythm. Put a deadline of next week for all the parts maybe? Any drummers with recording gear/software? Would be nice to have the drums first and build it from there as opposed to recording along to the studio recording.

Happy to do Pretty tied up or if that fails maybe Dust n Bones? something that's not a standard, but something that isn't gonna be too much of a headache to record.

How do we send the files to each other, a drop box folder?

Edited by Tom2112

my gear:

Apogee Duet

Logic w/all kinds of sounds, VSTs etc

Acoustic Guitars (6 & 12 string)

Bass guitar

Main gtr: Gibson LP

Also got keys/strings etc.

Talkbox

Shure 57 and 58

Apex 550 condenser mic

I updated the original post with the current list of musicians. I think our band is going to be superior to Axl's band ;)

Please post back if you're 100% in.

Refer to the original post for instructions.

And most importantly: DOES ANYONE PLAY DRUMS?! That's our first step.

If not, then either myself or warebel will program the drum track (and yes, it will sound 100% realistic, don't worry).

I updated the original post with the current list of musicians. I think our band is going to be superior to Axl's band ;)

Please post back if you're 100% in.

Refer to the original post for instructions.

And most importantly: DOES ANYONE PLAY DRUMS?! That's our first step.

If not, then either myself or warebel will program the drum track (and yes, it will sound 100% realistic, don't worry).

Happy to do a guitar track.

If there's no drummers on here interested maybe reach out to a gnr drummer fan on youtube and ask them to record a take, or if they have already ask for the multi track (with credit given).

Ok, I think this means there are no drummers here.

As Tom2112 so brilliantly suggested, I'm going to contact several YouTube drummers who have released drum tracks for Pretty Tied Up and see if they'll let us use their drums.

There are a few youtube drummers... one guy does a shit load of GNR/Snakepit..etc..my drummer used to act THIS EXACT SAME WAY - they could actually be twins... it's the tough drummer/Matt Sorum look - however he hits the nail on the head - no fucking around and knows his shit. Wonder if he has recording gear though. I would choose this guy if possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkNd_Q2PrnJ23tWcemO8CIw

I can play drums, but I'm not good at rolls etc.... listen to this... about the best I can do, I wrote it, played everything/sing, and recorded it.

Still Online

There are a few youtube drummers... one guy does a shit load of GNR/Snakepit..etc..my drummer used to act THIS EXACT SAME WAY - they could actually be twins... it's the tough drummer/Matt Sorum look - however he hits the nail on the head - no fucking around and knows his shit. Wonder if he has recording gear though. I would choose this guy if possible.

I can play drums, but I'm not good at rolls etc.... listen to this... about the best I can do, I wrote it, played everything/sing, and recorded it.

Still Online

Nice song, you tear it up on guitar!

Still Online

Nice song, you tear it up on guitar!

Thanks!

Still Online

That guy did a good drum cover, maybe he has recording gear or some way to do it. But without that it really wouldn't sound good enough.

this guy has gear and he's really great, maybe a tad busy but it's a cool cover.

Would love to get going on this either this week or next. Gonna have a bit of time so I could have the guitar recorded.

Edited by Tom2112

He is excellent technically, but I think maybe too metal? Or possibly better if we do CD stuff?

He's more than we need I bet, so he's very good drummer and I guess good drummer is better than no drummer :) Let's get whoever will be interested or we will record it for 13 years :)

Hi everyone, sorry for the silence! I was traveling and had limited access to email.

Ok! Let's get started!!

I emailed a few drummers, still waiting to hear back. At absolute last resort, we can use one of the bass and drum tracks which is out on the web.

Stay tuned!