MYGNRFORUM PRIZE PACKS GIVEAWAY!!! [CONTEST CLOSED - WINNERS ANNOUNCED WITHIN!!!]

2002, the first show of the tour.

The first real show was the Vancouver show that was cancelled. But Axl showed up and kicked ass at the Tacoma Dome. Front row. Axl had random looks of fear and excitement in his eyes. It was a magical experience.

Well my favorite GN'R moment was when i saw the band for the second time in Rotterdam in 2012 it was the first time i witnessed estranged live and this song means a lot to me so i started crying and felt so good, and during sorry i was singing along with the lyrics, then axl looked at me, and i was kinda like ooh shit, so i messed up the lyrics, he saw it and laughed haha, also during knocking on heavens door i asked people around me to Let me go front to throw my bandana on stage, so everybody made a way for me it was fun haha, Axl wore my bandana later in the european tour and in India down to his hip, and i felt so proud and happy when i saw this back on video's and pics, amazing!

Seeing Axl perform live for the first time, on the last tour of Australia. I have been a long time fan, but on all the other tours, I was never in a position to see them. Something always came up. So when the opportunity came on the last tour, I was over the moon.

May 12th, 2006-Hammerstein

Me and my best friend Eddie flew from Chicago to NY on the morning of May 12th, 2006, arrived in NY, walked around for a few smoked a joint on top of a parking garage looking over NY, and headed to Mustang Sallys PRESHOW Party, while we were outside smoking a cigarette to the entrance, i started speaking with a member who was in a wheelchair and paralyzed, after talking for a few, we brought him inside pickup the wheelchair and all and brought him to the upstairs where the GNR members were, taking shots together and having a few beers. Ended up going downstairs with him and his girlfriend who i believe it was, whom was also in a wheelchair and paralyzed. They ate dinner, we continued to drink. We walked with them straight to the venue, we all went into the venue right in front of everyone since we accommodated them, as there was lines super long. There we are looking inside at the stage at a completely empty venue. We go straight to the front of the stage off to the right a little bit. The show happens, and it was amazing. During Paradise City when it goes crazy i made an attempt to jump on stage for some reason and was grabbed mid air by security and literally thrown out the back door of the venue and was in an alley. Met my friend after the show, we found some shitty motel on like the 60th floor of a building with the last of our money, wake up the next day and flew back to chicago immediately. To this day i will never forget those 24hrs, unfortunately my best friend eddie passed away on 11/28/14 but this Memory will LIVE FOREVER!!!!

I must add that was the 1st show of the 4 shows, and the 1st time TWAT was ever played. Me and my buddy would talk about this adventure time to time about how crazy it was. If you are wondering how we smoked a joint in new york, my friend actually bought weed from a guy on the street lol..i was very against it, until it worked out.

GNR FOREVER

RIP EDDIE!!!

Great story. Sorry about your friend.

Thanks Alfie

• Like 1

I was a very young teenager at the time of UYI so there would have been no way that I could have attended a concert (heartbreaking I know) at that age UNLESS they had come to my hometown of Ottawa. I do remember though watching on Cable at a friend's house the live-televised concert from France (Where Steven Tyler & Joe Perry joined on stage) so that whole deal would have been about as close to seeing them as I could. I don't think I moved from my chair for anything! I soaked it in and felt so grateful that I had that opportunity even though it was on television. While I love AFD - the UYI really got deep into my soul and to this day those albums are in my top 10 of stranded on a desert island items.

I was visiting my family in Germany as a 11 year old girl from fresh ex-YU country where no MTV was available (or any other music channel). We depended on some weird top lists made on our national television once a week, and everyone was listening to NKOTB.

A few of us were some kind of outcasts listening to GNR and Metallica. Having an original cassettes from these bands was a treasure reserved only for a few.

My cousin in Germany was and still is a huge rock and metal fan. He was attending every show in radius of 300 kilometers from his home and had a huge collection of music.

I still don't know how he persuaded my parents to let me go with him and his girlfriend, but they let me.

It was 24th August 1991 in Mannheim and I'm still getting those chills I had there. It was not only the first GNR show, but first show ever I went to...

After the show he bought me a bullet shirt and I'm still wearing it :D

So...danke,Jürgen!

(And I would like a copy of Canter's book :) )

Edited by Kater

I had never the opportunity to see the old band live so my best moments I had by experience their music and music videos. It was always great to look in music stores and second hand shops for bootlegs and stuff that I didn't know exists like picture discs and some boxes and all that shit. At the time I knew nothing about internet and it was my only chance to get new stuff.

Hearing the first time KOHD and Whole Lotta Rosie from the first UK shows in Soho was phenomenal as was when I first heard Nightrain on Appetite.

A funny story was when me and a friend of mine were for holydays and all day long he had to hear GNR because that was all I wanted to hear. At one moment he said: "Please! I can't hear it anymore. Please let us hear radio, at least one song!" So I said ok. Guess what was on the radio: You Could Be Mine :lol:

Edited by Free Bird

My first GN'R show - 11/27/2006 in Rosemont, IL. I had delayed heading back to my college town after Thanksgiving break by one day so I could catch the show. A friend and I showed up about 7 hours before doors and spent the time hanging out with the other people in line, super pumped. By the time that the doors opened, my friend was so trashed that she ended up having to be pulled to the side and taken to the ER. I went with, and cried about the terrible turn of events for a good chunk of time. While at the hospital, I also saw the only two people that were in front of us in line in basically the same situation as me and my friend. Although 2 out of the 4 of us unfortunately did not make it back to the show, I and the other waiting person eventually did head back after getting the message that we were just taking up space at the hospital. We missed The Suicide Girls, but were able to catch the tail end of Sebastian Bach. I had tried to work my way towards the stage, but eventually got stuck a few rows back. When the lights went down for GN'R though, I acquired superhuman strength and made it to the rail. I cried again, but this time it was happy tears. Was in disbelief that 1) I was finally seeing GN'R, and 2) that I somehow made it to the show, and the barricade, after all the night's events. I was heartbroken to not have my friend by my side, but it was a memorable night nonetheless. In spite of how it might sound, I'm a pretty even-keeled person. That day though definitely involved a roller coaster of emotions!

Fun fact: I missed a pop quiz on the day of the show. I ended up being one point away from an A in that class. Worth it.

Seeing GnR in Nov. 2011; was the first time I've seen the band live (technically the first time was at a state fair when I was a baby, when they were supporting Appetite)

Waited in the lobby of the venue for a bit over two hours to make sure I was directly in front of the stage for the show :headbang: and got to watch Ashba/Bumble get into a screaming match with some fan behind me

My favortie memory is when I saw them with Metallica and Faith No More in Minneapolis in 1992 or 1993. I was 12 years old and my dad took my brother and I. The original date was cancelled because one of Axl's advisors said not to play any cities that start with the letter "M". They rescheduled for some months later.

One interesting thing about the show was that Hetfield didn't play guitar as he had his arms in the burn casts.

im not sure the year anymore maybe 91 but i was living in rockland county ny (suburb nyc) i had 2 tickets to gnr on long island.. my friend was in a cast and didnt want to go so i went alone. I had to lie to my dad and told him i was going to work , "boroowed" 1 of his credit cards for gas and took off, No idea how to get there so i got there late and was thinking...shit i missed the show...lol it was 10:30 pm and gnr didnt take the stage till midnihgt.

( skid row opened and axl took a helicoptor to get there)

I gave away one of my tix but they gave me $20 anyway

after the show i had to walk to a nearby bar and call my dad and buy a beer my voice was gone.. he didnt believe me saying no show started at midnight

He was a suscriber to the ny times and the review was in the next day paper so he found out i was telling the truth

******************** great show 1st time hearing november rain *************************

Watching the old videos for the first time. I always had a vhs tape in the vcr ready to hit record every time I saw anything GNR related on the tv. I used to be very excited whenever I found anything new: songs, videos, old concerts, etc. I still have some vhs's at home, I must have watched those tapes hundreds of times.

Seeing GnR in Nov. 2011; was the first time I've seen the band live (technically the first time was at a state fair when I was a baby, when they were supporting Appetite)

Waited in the lobby of the venue for a bit over two hours to make sure I was directly in front of the stage for the show :headbang: and got to watch Ashba/Bumble get into a screaming match with some fan behind me

What city was that? I saw minneapolis in november 2011 and ashba was having it out with a fan. Can't remember if Bumble got involved but I caught ashba telling tommy that some fuckers were throwing shit. Fernando also ran across stage and got involved in it too.