GNR 2016 100 Million Dollar Tour?!?

I'm caught in 2 minds, I don't want to see ancient Axl and Slash onstage ignoring Chinese Democracy or Axl utterly abandoning any sequel notions nor do I want Slash's solo work or Velvet Revolver just swept to the side, what's the point of that? But I also don't want to see Axl turning up in South America then Vegas again with Thing 1 and Thing 2 replacing members I'd just got around to accepting on Album 2 and playing fucking CD, WTTJ, IT'S SO EASY AND MR BASTARD BROWNSTONE again... and hoping for fucking 14 Years or Riad for a sign of progress.

Edited by RandallFlagg
  • Like 3

Speculation, doesn't tell or confirm anything for certain but the more and more stuff pretty much shows that something is in the works...

Maybe they are waiting for Slash's official divorce after all?

There's definitely something going on, but there are many things to negociate. It's way too soon to make an announcement.

Who knows if it'll happen?

All the media are talking about the potential reunion...

This potential Guns ‘n’ Roses reunion tour could be the greatest thing since some Cro-Magnon pioneer whacked one rock off another and made fire. On the other hand, it could be the biggest disaster since the same Cro-Magnon, five minutes later, set fire to the entire forest then covering Northern Europe.

6 reasons why a Guns 'n' Roses reunion tour would rock like hell: http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/6-reasons-why-a-guns-n-roses-reunion-tour-would-rock-like-hell-31546118.html

Edited by IZZYISGNR
  • Like 1

This makes me think that Tristan Thompson should definitely not get a max deal. The market for a classic GNR reunion is surely larger than the Cavs need for a back-up power forward.

who is basically a better Reggie Evans

but being a Bulls fan i can't really say anything because Thompson always chews us alive

Pau has never heard the words boxout

The money is the biggest incentive to do the reunion tour, even if it's just the one-off tour and nothing else will come from it. If NuGuns and CD II have been put on hiatus -and this looks to be the case, not much is happening- it would make sense that with such an offer still on the table for the Illusions lineup and everyone talking again, that tour alone would earn them more in a year than their solo careers would for the rest of their lives. And I know there are many factors that can still prevent it from happening and one of them is time. The time to do it would be now and they know it. No one will want to see 60 year olds do a GnR reunion lol. And even after they've ended the reunion tour, they could continue their solo careers (now boosted again) and perhaps still come back later on.

Edited by Bumblefeet

If Axl dont care about money as some ppl say,then,do the reunion and just take 500 dollars for every concert or take the money and give it to people they needed.

I think the general idea is that he wouldn't want to do it in the first place. So money wouldn't be a motivating factor to get him to do something he doesn't want to.

• Like 1

I'm caught in 2 minds, I don't want to see ancient Axl and Slash onstage ignoring Chinese Democracy or Axl utterly abandoning any sequel notions nor do I want Slash's solo work or Velvet Revolver just swept to the side, what's the point of that? But I also don't want to see Axl turning up in South America then Vegas again with Thing 1 and Thing 2 replacing members I'd just got around to accepting on Album 2 and playing fucking CD, WTTJ, IT'S SO EASY AND MR BASTARD BROWNSTONE again... and hoping for fucking 14 Years or Riad for a sign of progress.

I swear you stole this from my brain and posted it.

I think I have to make peace with the fact that there will be a reunion that will lean heavily on classic songs, feel very nostalgic, with a "Better" and a "Slither" thrown in here and there.

If Axl has no interest in pushing GNR forward with new material, then I'll accept this and let myself get totally immersed in it. I bet we'll get a box set or something at some point.

• Like 1

It's weird with Axl, he could have made a lot more money doing different things at this point, he hasn't shown any sign of relenting on his deranged and somehow noble visions, he has shown nothing to suggest he is warm to a reunion, he has shown lack of commitment to a future with the GNR he created again from the ground up twice, but he hasn't suggested he will stop tinkering with the sequel. He's obviously not lacking for money nor is it his sole drive, this man said 'not in this lifetime' and refused to attend the rrhof for his own achievements... I cannot see him just reneging for a reunion because there's a fortune out there, I don't believe he is driven by monetary gain as the primary objective, it's interesting cause if he tours the same CD tour, one crowd says he's only in it for the dough, yet if he went for a reunion, that would compound that sentiment by a million per cent more.

• Like 1

It's weird with Axl, he could have made a lot more money doing different things at this point, he hasn't shown any sign of relenting on his deranged and somehow noble visions, he has shown nothing to suggest he is warm to a reunion, he has shown lack of commitment to a future with the GNR he created again from the ground up twice, but he hasn't suggested he will stop tinkering with the sequel. He's obviously not lacking for money nor is it his sole drive, this man said 'not in this lifetime' and refused to attend the rrhof for his own achievements... I cannot see him just reneging for a reunion because there's a fortune out there, I don't believe he is driven by monetary gain as the primary objective, it's interesting cause if he tours the same CD tour, one crowd says he's only in it for the dough, yet if he went for a reunion, that would compound that sentiment by a million per cent more.

I would just like to see the guy share music with his fans more often than once album every 20 years.

Honestly it feels like reunion or retire at this point. I don't think anyone imagines Axl rebuilding nugnr. It's kinda crazy when you think about it.

It's all or nothing now. No more pointless touring or whatever. It's go big or stay home at this point, at least that's the hand I imagine Axl is looking at right now.

I can see that point, it's how he rationalizes it in his mind that intrigues me, I can't see how he releases a sequel now but I can't really believe he would go in for a reunion with the trench he dug and invested a fifth of his life in, and half-succeeded with his mad persistence yet failed to build upon it once he began reaping the harvest so to speak.

Edited by RandallFlagg