Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk discussing possible reunion.

He sounds drunk :lol:

Thnks for the link bro

Yeah, this is no way that his stroke related....

he relapsed AGAIN

I hope the band doesn't allow him to be a part in the reunion

He is a mess and doesn't deserve it.

If you are still an addict after 25 years, you should get fucked :shrugs:

Once again you don't know jackshit.

Care to elaborate?

are you a former addict and you're just show your butthurt or what?

He is a mess and that is a fact. He would single heartedly ruin any potential reunion. He just shot himself in the foot with these interviews...The mere fact that a "back up" drummer needed if they are going to tour, speaks for itself

Btw what happened your NUGNR nutswinger mode? I remember you are a particularly stubborn Axl defender

Edited by Strange Broue

Thnks for the link bro

he relapsed AGAIN

He is a mess and that is a fact. He would single heartedly ruin any potential reunion. He just shot himself in the foot with these interviews...The mere fact that a "back up" drummer needed if they are going to tour, speaks for itself

What do you know? Do know the guy? You're just saying words.

Please share if you have legitimate information

Jesus is he annoying...

Trunk is telling him that he knows from a very reliable source that the plan is to have the AFD guys tour with additional members from UYI/CD eras to fill up the sound and IN CASE ANYONE FUCKS UP and all he has to say is "Nah...only five guys should be up there".

Even if he were capable of staying 100% sober for the rest of his life, who would want being stuck with him in a tour bus for more than one month ? :lol:

But someone can tolerate Baz.... and not a single fuck is given. Mention Adler and the whole tour bus flips over.

Well I for one would not want to see a reunion with Popcorn.

I figured you for an Adler guy.

More of a groove Charlie Watts style drummer. I do not like big bangers like Sorum.

I know that's why I figured you'd want to see Adler in the event of reunion. I bet you're a huge Bonham fan.

Personally I believe that the most likely lineup that we're going to see is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Pittman and Frank. I think so because of this quote by Axl:

"Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

"I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion."

Steven Adler is pretty much out of the question, because none of the guys seem to consider him reliable. But if there's a reunion, I'm sure Adler is welcome to jam with them occasionally as a quest.

Interesting info in that quote. When did Axl say this?

Here's the link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

Thanks. That's crazy that as far back as 2011 he discussed that any sort of reunion would be with Slash and Duff over others like Izzy and Steven. And it makes sense. I get what Axl was saying

I don't. WTF would Axl not want Izzy involved? Everyone knows - EVERYONE knows and that includes Axl, on some level - that it went to shit when Izzy left. A reunion without Izzy isn't a reunion. It's just more NuGuns with Duff and Slash. And no one gives a shit about that - a reunion of old NuGuns people? Fuck no. Face it -- NuGuns never attracted the attention, record sales or ticket sales of Classic Guns. No one gets excited thinking about Bucket Foot or Bumble Head or Guitarist No. 6 2002 Edition. Bringing back departed NuGuns people is stupid.

I also don't think Izzy's as spacey/unreliable as everyone says. Everyone seems to take as gospel that Izzy quit because it all got too big and he didn't want to tour. That's never what he said. He was tired of the drugs, of the back up dancers and 12 piece orchestra, of waiting for Axl to dry his hair or look at the Northern Lights or whatever the fuck Axl had to do before showing up (no -- it wasn't because Axl was nervous or needed to prepare emotionally - he was out doing other things and he Didn't. Fucking. Care. If. People. Were. Waiting), of Axl and Slash turning down his speakers because Slash (FUBAR'd on drugs) and Axl (being Axl) were pissed off that he wasn't running from one side of the stage to the other...it was a very, very, fucked up situation and he got tired of it. He didn't mind touring with JuJu Hounds. He just got discouraged because the album sales/ticket sales weren't enough for the label to keep backing him. No reason to think he hated touring qua touring.

And he seemed to be on board with being a full member of VR, so long as they didn't have a lead singer. And....he wasn't wrong, was he? Good rule of thumb: if the lead singer doesn't play an instrument--as in, really play, not noodle about on a few songs--he's probably a prima donna nightmare. Let's start thinking of exceptions.

part 2 because adler wouldn't leave

I've never been a Dokken, or a Lynch Mob, fan. But I've always liked George as a guy - smart, down to earth, clear eyed and no bullshit. Articulate as fuck and I know it sounds condescending but articulate guitarists are not necessarily the norm. (Looking at you, Slash.)

FWIW - I didn't think Steven sounded particularly fucked up. Between the stroke-induced speech impediment and the fact that he's not all that bright and has no filters, he sounded pretty normal.

We all want Izzy, probably more than Slash, Axl always seems relax and in good mood when Izzy is around

I wouldn't mind if it was just Axl, Izzy, and Duff. Slash and Steven weren't part of the original group anyway.

someone is going to bite that worm on your hook but it won't be me..

Fuck it, I'll bite. Yes, that would be awesome. No, it won't ever happen. (Sorry. I've been unimpressed by Slash since c. 1992. Not just cuz I love Izzy. Just because Slash stopped evolving, musically, c. 1992. Maybe earlier.

I don't. WTF would Axl not want Izzy involved? Everyone knows - EVERYONE knows and that includes Axl, on some level - that it went to shit when Izzy left. A reunion without Izzy isn't a reunion. It's just more NuGuns with Duff and Slash. And no one gives a shit about that - a reunion of old NuGuns people? Fuck no. Face it -- NuGuns never attracted the attention, record sales or ticket sales of Classic Guns. No one gets excited thinking about Bucket Foot or Bumble Head or Guitarist No. 6 2002 Edition. Bringing back departed NuGuns people is stupid.

I also don't think Izzy's as spacey/unreliable as everyone says. Everyone seems to take as gospel that Izzy quit because it all got too big and he didn't want to tour. That's never what he said. He was tired of the drugs, of the back up dancers and 12 piece orchestra, of waiting for Axl to dry his hair or look at the Northern Lights or whatever the fuck Axl had to do before showing up (no -- it wasn't because Axl was nervous or needed to prepare emotionally - he was out doing other things and he Didn't. Fucking. Care. If. People. Were. Waiting), of Axl and Slash turning down his speakers because Slash (FUBAR'd on drugs) and Axl (being Axl) were pissed off that he wasn't running from one side of the stage to the other...it was a very, very, fucked up situation and he got tired of it. He didn't mind touring with JuJu Hounds. He just got discouraged because the album sales/ticket sales weren't enough for the label to keep backing him. No reason to think he hated touring qua touring.

And he seemed to be on board with being a full member of VR, so long as they didn't have a lead singer. And....he wasn't wrong, was he? Good rule of thumb: if the lead singer doesn't play an instrument--as in, really play, not noodle about on a few songs--he's probably a prima donna nightmare. Let's start thinking of exceptions.

Bravo! :thumbsup: Here's a repost of what I posted at Evo a little while back when the same "izzys a flake" popped up there.

I've seen quite a lot of fans saying this online recently. It started over at Truth, but I've seen others saying it at Mygnr too. I don't think it's a fair statement, even if it is 'technically' accurate so thought I'd throw up some facts for other fans to chew on.

GNR weren't doing "World Tours" prior to the Illusions release, but Izz still toured USA, Canada, England, Germany, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Denmark, Israel, Greece and Turkey as a member of AFD/UYI-era Guns.

Izzy quit GNR on November 7th 1991 having fulfilled all of his touring duties with Guns up to the Illusions albums being released on 5th December 1991. Reasons for quitting have been cited as late starts, being clean/sober, bands drug and alcohol abuse, band contract renegotiations etc. He quickly went back on the road with...

IZZY STRADLIN & THE JU JU HOUNDS

- World Tour started in June 1992, and ended September 1993. The band played 79 out 97 dates, and all which were cancelled seem to have had valid reasons:-

-> 6 consecutive dates in November 1992 in Australia were cancelled due to Izzy getting flu.

"I think [izzy] had caught some kind of tropical fever, and he refuses to take any kind of prescription medicine so it just got worse and worse until we were forced to cancel a bunch of shows"

- Ju Ju Hounds bassist Jimmy Ashhurst

-> 3 consecutive dates in December in England were cancelled. On 2 of those 3 dates Izzy played in Spain instead. Low ticket sales or just poor tour scheduling? Regardless, Izzy played.

-> 10 consecutive dates in 1993 cancelled, with the management confirming to the press that Stradlin was in hospital with a severe case of the flu.

-> One show in New Mexico had to be cancelled after an incident with the tour bus in Denver....

10888646_10153435981763265_6654125326531

The Ju Ju Hounds "World Tour" was finished, and they played USA, France, Germany, Holland, England, Australia, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Northern Ireland, and Mexico.

That's the extent of Izzys "World Tours", though he has played live since:

- With BB King, Bo Diddley, Duff McKagan, Gilby Clarke and others (1995)

- With Slashs Snakepit (1995)

- As a solo artist with Duff, Rick Richards and Taz Bentley (Japan 2000 "Ride On" Tour)

- As a special guest with Velvet Revolver in 2003 and 2004

- As a special guest with Guns in 2006 in numerous countries

- With Adlers Appetite in 2007 for the AFD 20th Reunion show at the Key Club, alongside Steven and Duff.

- As a special guest with Guns in 2012

- As a special guest with Aerosmith in 2012

I don't know if Izzy would be up for a reunion, but it seems like the forums have already written him off as a flight risk or not interested. I just think that's a bit presumptuous, since Izzy has said previously he'd be up for a reunion. Stuff like this doesn't help either:-

gtrunk.jpg

Source: gnrtruth.proboards.com/post/81606

There's also the RNRHOF, where Izzy apparently tried to meet with Axl at a restaurant, waited a few hours but Axl didn't show. Can't remember the source for that one, though I think it was Alan Niven? It was only after Axl had posted his open letter about not attending that Izzy announced he wouldn't either.

I have waited up to this point to see what would become of the GNR induction into RRHOF. I would like to say THANK YOU and GRACIAS to RRHOF for the acknowledgement of our works over the years as a band. BIG THANKS to all my bandmates who helped get us to where we are today.

Let's not write him off just yet ;) Would suck if he wasn't there.

Personally I believe that the most likely lineup that we're going to see is Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy, Pittman and Frank. I think so because of this quote by Axl:

"Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties."

"I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion."

Steven Adler is pretty much out of the question, because none of the guys seem to consider him reliable. But if there's a reunion, I'm sure Adler is welcome to jam with them occasionally as a quest.

Interesting info in that quote. When did Axl say this?

Here's the link: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

Thanks. That's crazy that as far back as 2011 he discussed that any sort of reunion would be with Slash and Duff over others like Izzy and Steven. And it makes sense. I get what Axl was saying

Because Izzy isn't interested in long tours. It's a simple answer. Axl explains that in the quote. Steven has issues and Izzy doesn't want to tour a bunch, That's why way back in 2011, despite his hate for Slash, Axl explained that Slash and Duff reuniting would be more likely than Izzy and Steven

It might have gone to shit after Izzy left but its already gone to shit this time. No matter what happens, the idea of Axl, Izzy, Slash and Duff ever actually writing together again seems far fetched to me. So what you're looking for is a rhythm guitarist to play a greatest hits set for a massive world tour. In which case there's every reason to think Richard or Gilby will be better fits. I want Izzy, of course, but only if his heart is in it. It's difficult to imagine him wanting to play November Rain every night.

Thnks for the link bro

he relapsed AGAIN

What do you know? Do know the guy? You're just saying words.

Please share if you have legitimate information

This is a forum for opinions as well as for sharing news. Adler is a total f%ck up, he seems to have things together a bit at present but he's had things together before and it hasn't lasted. If he stops shouting his mouth off and gets a few more solid years of sobriety under his bet I don't see why he wouldn't be considered. Right now? I think he would be too much of a risk, and he's far too much of a loud mouth not to do or say something to ruin everything.

A back up drummer is definitely necessary.

• Like 1

I really don't get the hate by the people for Adler, I know he has a big mouth, but you people are acting as if Axl or Slash haven't said things about each other. No one is a saint and Saint is a sinner too.