Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk discussing possible reunion.

Not really the point. It's about making 1.5 mil a show.

When money is the main concern having Steven is sn insurance liability. They will pay more and a couple of shows could go tits up. That would be great but I mean they would lose money.

You lot are talking about Adler being a 'fuck off' but Stradlin used to sell heroin and Slash used to pee his pants virtually everyday because of all the booze and drugs. Duff's pancreas is kaputt. What sort of hypocrisy is this?

The difference is simple, Slash, Duff and Izzy have been clean for a long time. Duff stopped most of his usage in 96, slash has been clean since 07, Izzy has been clean since 89? Steven has been clean for 20 months and he seems to be doing OK, but he could easily go the other way. Yeh, for them to be like he's a fuck up we can't work with him might be slightly rich but they have got themselves together and for the most part Steven hasn't. It's as simple as this - keep the sobriety and don't piss off the people involved in making the decision, so far he has one of those.

You lot are talking about Adler being a 'fuck off' but Stradlin used to sell heroin and Slash used to pee his pants virtually everyday because of all the booze and drugs. Duff's pancreas is kaputt. What sort of hypocrisy is this?

The difference is simple, Slash, Duff and Izzy have been clean for a long time. Duff stopped most of his usage in 96, slash has been clean since 07, Izzy has been clean since 89? Steven has been clean for 20 months and he seems to be doing OK, but he could easily go the other way. Yeh, for them to be like he's a fuck up we can't work with him might be slightly rich but they have got themselves together and for the most part Steven hasn't. It's as simple as this - keep the sobriety and don't piss off the people involved in making the decision, so far he has one of those.

Thomas, I do agree with you, but others have also said things, but yeah he needs to keep quiet and it would be better for Steven to prove that he is still reliable, but yeah I can understand where Slash and Duff are coming from.

Going on radio shows and whinging about hear say is a definite sign to them that "he's trouble". If he's like this in public, imagine him behind the scenes once things start to happen. He's saying I don't care about money (how it's divided), but really he'd be pissed after a while if he was making less. It's just like the kid saying "can I get this game? I won't ask for anything ever again!" without fail they'll come back a week later looking for more. He'd be on Eddie trunk saying "I got screwed, those hacks got more money than me and I've sold 75-85 million records!".

I hope that if he gets his part in a reunion that it's enough for him, and that he doesn't go off the rails again.

Thomas, I do agree with you, but others have also said things, but yeah he needs to keep quiet and it would be better for Steven to prove that he is still reliable, but yeah I can understand where Slash and Duff are coming from.

Hopefully it works out for him, he is a great drummer and he's a ball of energy. The smile on his face when he's playing those songs is infectious.

I like the rumour Eddie talked about with the other guys playing (old and new), as well as Steven. I guess we'll have to wait and see if things happen or not but if Eddie is to be believed things are in a better place now than they have been in a long time as far as a possible reunion.

I guess the question of if it's a mix of old and new members, would they be planning to mix the set that way too. I think I could it be a cool idea to see a retrospective tour that documented the entire history of the bands music from AFD to CD (yeh, we've been seeing it for years... not with the old members though). I'd equally go to the gig if CD was not included, but it's a interesting idea (IMO). I really don't want them to gloss over CD like it didn't happen, regardless of opinions, the album happened, and it's part of the catalogue and some fans would still like to hear it, it would stop the whole thing from being a total nostalgia tour too (again IMO).

Adler put down the best drum track on the best hard rock album ever, and one of the all time best rock n' roll albums. You can talk about Brains, Franks and Sorums and all these other wankers but none of them could have done what he did.

That is true. It takes a rare breed of fuck up to be kicked out of a band of drug addicts for being too much of one. So yes, Brain, Sorum and all those other wankers definitely couldn't do what he did.

• Like 1

The whole point of a reunion would be to strike up

The old chemistry. But if Steven isnt there thats fucked. So what they are giving you giving you is like the illusion of reunion.

One minute it's a special chemistry the next it's just ah whatever Duff, Slash and Fortus and Frank who gives a shit.

I guess if they get Slash, Duff and Izzy and Steven is the only one missing then that is understandable really. He a fuck up for sure. But give him a chance! If he fucks up get Bill Burr.

The old chemistry. But if Steven isnt there thats fucked. So what they are giving you giving you is like the illusion of reunion.

One minute it's a special chemistry the next it's just ah whatever Duff, Slash and Fortus and Frank who gives a shit.

I guess if they get Slash, Duff and Izzy and Steven is the only one missing then that is understandable really. He a fuck up for sure. But give him a chance! If he fucks up get Bill Burr.

I'd rather see this than Adler partying like it's 1985.

Everything Adler says is correct. All of the best songs are on Appetite. People like Illusion but they love Appetite. The Illusion era will never live up to the Appetite-Lies era.

Appetite era saw Guns be big, UYI era saw them be huge.

'Be shit' you mean? Self-indulgent tossers.

Person A introduces drugs to Person B.

Person A writes songs promoting hedonism, drug use and booze, which gives the band considerable success and a 'bad boy' image.

Person A gets sober before Person B which gives him a smug hypocritical stance over Person B. And because we are dealing with teetotalers we are forced to endure Person A playing said songs which now do not apply.

Still hypocritical.

Edited by DieselDaisy

That's exactly it. We're talking about three people who grew up and got their shit together vs. a lifelong junkie who never really has. They're off doing all sorts of projects; Steven's claim to fame in the 2000s was Celebrity Rehab -- which failed since he was high as a kite on camera in the Sober House. Oh, and there was that time he took his band on tour to Europe and then stranded them there with no money and no way to get home...

Everything Adler says is correct. All of the best songs are on Appetite. People like Illusion but they love Appetite. The Illusion era will never live up to the Appetite-Lies era.

Person A writes songs promoting hedonism, drug use and booze, which gives the band considerable success and a 'bad boy' image.

Person A gets sober before Person B which gives him a smug hypocritical stance over Person B. And because we are dealing with teetotalers we are forced to endure Person A playing said songs which now do not apply.

Still hypocritical.

Nobody in the band introduced Steven to drugs. This is a person who by his own admission was doing drugs and prostituting himself as a teenager before GnR was ever in the mix.

And there's a marked difference between being smug and being disappointed that 25 years after being sacked for being a junkie, and despite having a lot of money and connections to get help that others don't have, Person B still decides to a) continue being a junkie; b) continually blame those around him for the facts that he's not doing better and others don't want to deal with him anymore.

First of all Steven would be the last to know because he is the only one that wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about it. It would like "dude were playing the Super Bowl but don't tell anyone" We all already know that no matter what he would do it so if ever there were something in the woks, he would most likey be the last to know and his involvement would probably be just for a samler set of songs. Just my thoughts

• Like 1

First of all Steven would be the last to know because he is the only one that wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut about it. It would like "dude were playing the Super Bowl but don't tell anyone" We all already know that no matter what he would do it so if ever there were something in the woks, he would most likey be the last to know and his involvement would probably be just for a samler set of songs. Just my thoughts

I agree Marc, I think Steven was great at the RNRHOF, articulate, measured and played like a champ - he really surprised me..

If that Steven went out on this tour, even for a 35 - 50 min slot, it could be great.

There is a huge value in putting the AFD line up on a stage together again...assuming everybody was on point. If Steven shows up drunk or high and Axl is in poor physical shape and singing badly, I think the air could go out of the balloon very quickly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHTu7Pc5Nw

I'd rather see this than Adler partying like it's 1985.

It's not a reunion. That's all. Not saying it wouldn't be fun. I'm just a bit sentimental for classic line up. But there's definitely something cool about the combounion. It's a solid line up, I just feel bad for Stevie. Just take him on tour let him guest on a couple of songs?

That's exactly it. We're talking about three people who grew up and got their shit together vs. a lifelong junkie who never really has. They're off doing all sorts of projects; Steven's claim to fame in the 2000s was Celebrity Rehab -- which failed since he was high as a kite on camera in the Sober House. Oh, and there was that time he took his band on tour to Europe and then stranded them there with no money and no way to get home...

Still hypocritical.

Nobody in the band introduced Steven to drugs. This is a person who by his own admission was doing drugs and prostituting himself as a teenager before GnR was ever in the mix.

And there's a marked difference between being smug and being disappointed that 25 years after being sacked for being a junkie, and despite having a lot of money and connections to get help that others don't have, Person B still decides to a) continue being a junkie; b) continually blame those around him for the facts that he's not doing better and others don't want to deal with him anymore.

Izzy Stradlin was a drug addict before Adler and Slash and certainly introduced Slash to heroin if not Steven. I think Slash was into smack before Steven also.

Axl on Adler's involvement in a potential reunion back in Feb '09:

"Steven [Adler] brings assorted ambulance-chasing attorneys and the nightmare of his mother. One gig, or even a couple songs, could mean years of behind-the-scenes legal aftermath."

http://web.archive.org/web/20100106084543/http://www.spinner.com/2009/02/27/axl-rose-insists-original-guns-n-roses-lineup-is-dead-and-burie/

While Axl seems to have changed his mind on Slash since calling him a cancer in this same interview, I don't think his view on Adler's mum has changed and I can't blame him after hearing about the debacle with the ghost writer for Steven's book: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/207207-steven-adlers-my-appetite-for-destruction/page-3

Still hypocritical.

Izzy Stradlin was a drug addict before Adler and Slash and certainly introduced Slash to heroin if not Steven. I think Slash was into smack before Steven also.

That's just not correct. Steven has said himself that the first time he got high was when he was 13. He didn't know Izzy at the time, and Slash wasn't into drugs yet. He's also said that he was prostituting himself for drugs as a teenager. Again, before he met Izzy. The guy grew up hanging out on the streets of Hollywood and going to clubs on the Sunset Strip in the 70s and 80s. You honesrtly think Izzy was the first person he met that was into heroin? Pretty convenient of Steven to try to pin that on Izzy and Slash but under the circumstances, it's a bunch of bullshit.

And even if Izzy and Slash introduced him to hard drugs -- which is not true -- it was his choice to take them (Duff and Axl apparently weren't really into that) and his choice to remain fucked up for the next 30 years. He was there when Nikki Sixx overdosed and almost died, and even that didn't apparently make an impact. He was fired and he's never been invited to join another major band and he still doesn't have a clue. He had a stroke and fried his brain and didn't stop. That's on him. Not Izzy, not Slash, not anyone else.

He's certainly got the money and resources to ask for all the help he needs. His drug use is his choice, and it's ruined his life in all sorts of ways -- and there's no reason that the others shouldn't be disappointed or skeptical when he's been unsuccessful at staying sober for so long.

Edited by stella

Still hypocritical.

That's just not correct. Steven has said himself that the first time he got high was when he was 13. He didn't know Izzy at the time, and Slash wasn't into drugs yet. He's also said that he was prostituting himself for drugs as a teenager. Again, before he met Izzy. The guy grew up hanging out on the streets of Hollywood and going to clubs on the Sunset Strip in the 70s and 80s. You honesrtly think Izzy was the first person he met that was into heroin? Pretty convenient of Steven to try to pin that on Izzy and Slash but under the circumstances, it's a bunch of bullshit.

And even if Izzy and Slash introduced him to hard drugs -- which is not true -- it was his choice to take them (Duff and Axl apparently weren't really into that) and his choice to remain fucked up for the next 30 years. He was there when Nikki Sixx overdosed and almost died, and even that didn't apparently make an impact. He was fired and he's never been invited to join another major band and he still doesn't have a clue. He had a stroke and fried his brain and didn't stop. That's on him. Not Izzy, not Slash, not anyone else.

He's certainly got the money and resources to ask for all the help he needs. His drug use is his choice, and it's ruined his life in all sorts of ways -- and there's no reason that the others shouldn't be disappointed or skeptical when he's been unsuccessful at staying sober for so long.

I'm talking about heroin - not pot haha!

It's funny how much Stella and Miser hate Adler.

Apparently being an addict is worse than being a heroin drug deal or and a woman beater.

Exactly. Izzy Stradlin and his girlfriend used to sell heroin from his window and this was, '83, '84 - a long time before Adler and Slash were using. Izzy was one of LA's biggest drug pushers and once sold drugs to Joe Perry. Also, let's not forget that this band were artistically influenced by, and even celebrated, hedonistic addiction (e.g. Brownstone, It's So Easy, Bad Obsession). ''The most dangerous band in the world'' - remove the drugs and alcohol and there would be no Appetite. Adler in many ways is the logical outcome of songs like ''It's So Easy'' and the whole ethos of Appetite era Guns N' Roses.

Sadly, Axl was a whiney b'tch before he made it big. And he continues to be one. As soon as his 'regular' friends helped him up to stardom, they weren't worth anything anymore. He is always on his own personal path of destruction. He destroys friendships with his negative attitude because he believes himself above all others. He's all talk & never a bit of action. Anyone remember the go-round with Nikki Sixx? He talked a big game but couldn't back it up. I truly do believe Nikki would have wiped the floor with him so I guess Axl may have a bit of sense.

In his book doesn't Adler do heroin for the first time in Amsterdamn on the first Europe tour after AFD is out.

I think he does coke the first time when he had access to that producers studio before Slash and Adler met Duff or Axl/Izzy.