Steven Adler on Eddie Trunk discussing possible reunion.

To the people saying he sounds drunk or still on drugs... half his fucking face is paralyzed, obviously he speaks with a slur.

He might not be making a lot of sense due to his emotions, but he's lucid.

By all means say what you will about his comments, but it's lame to make fun of his speech disorder.

THIS

Sadly, Axl was a whiney b'tch before he made it big. And he continues to be one. As soon as his 'regular' friends helped him up to stardom, they weren't worth anything anymore. He is always on his own personal path of destruction. He destroys friendships with his negative attitude because he believes himself above all others. He's all talk & never a bit of action. Anyone remember the go-round with Nikki Sixx? He talked a big game but couldn't back it up. I truly do believe Nikki would have wiped the floor with him so I guess Axl may have a bit of sense.

You mean Vince Neil?

Adler put down the best drum track on the best hard rock album ever, and one of the all time best rock n' roll albums. You can talk about Brains, Franks and Sorums and all these other wankers but none of them could have done what he did.

Nah

For example Fred Coury from fucking Cinderella played a few shows with them (replacing Adler when he broke his arm) and he drummed exactly the same like Adler

Almost any drummer from the Sunset Strip can do his drums in the 80's, not a big deal really...

Adler is basically a nobody and the least important member from the classic line up

I think all other classic members need to take part in a full reunion, but to me, Adler is even less important than Dizzy for the UYI songs...

Plus he is unreliable and if a reunion really happens, nobody needs a fucked up loser on the road

Maybe Izzy wouldn't want to take part in this whole circus again (just a few shows), but i don't think anybody REALLY in their right mind misses Adler

Edited by Strange Broue

Adler put down the best drum track on the best hard rock album ever, and one of the all time best rock n' roll albums. You can talk about Brains, Franks and Sorums and all these other wankers but none of them could have done what he did.

Nah

For example Fred Coury from fucking Cinderella played a few shows with them (replacing Adler when he broke his arm) and he drummed exactly the same like Adler

Almost any drummer from the Sunset Strip can do his drums in the 80's, not a big deal really...

Adler is basically a nobody and the least important member from the classic line up

I think all other classic members need to take part in a full reunion, but to me, Adler is even less important than Dizzy for the UYI songs...

Plus he is unreliable and if a reunion really happens, nobody needs a fucked up loser on the road

Maybe Izzy wouldn't want to take part in this whole circus again (just a few shows), but i don't think anybody REALLY in their right mind misses Adler

What a load of bollocks. How come every other drummer from that era was going hammer hammer hammer like Bonham on steroids during that period?

It's funny how much Stella and Miser hate Adler.

Apparently being an addict is worse than being a heroin drug deal or and a woman beater.

If we are really see this from a rational POV, yes, being an addict in 2015 while you're trying to live up the hype of one of the most anticipated reunions in the last 30 years is far worse than being a dealer in the 80's or being a wife beater in the 90's...

Adler got a track record of relapsing, plus half of his brain was baked in the 90's so if you really want a reunion, then it's no point to wish Steven's involvement in a potential reunion :shrugs:

Nah

What a load of bollocks. How come every other drummer from that era was going hammer hammer hammer like Bonham on steroids during that period?

so you are just t-rolling, ok

I took the bait, not going to happen in the future :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 1

Can someone lock Adler in a room so he doesn't say something that might ruin the whole thing? He must be due for a rehab stint soon, maybe it can coincidence with the reunion tour so we won't have to hear him talking to someone daily about how he should have been included because he's 20 minutes sober.

Apparently being an addict is worse than being a heroin drug deal or and a woman beater.

If we are really see this from a rational POV, yes, being an addict in 2015 while you're trying to live up the hype of one of the most anticipated reunions in the last 30 years is far worse than being a dealer in the 80's or being a wife beater in the 90's...

Adler got a track record of relapsing, plus half of his brain was baked in the 90's so if you really want a reunion, then it's no point to wish Steven's involvement in a potential reunion :shrugs:

This. I don't ever recall making a comparative analysis of the three transgressions or stating that Adler was worse than the other two -- but he's got a far more recent track record. The heroin dealer hasn't dealt since the 1980s and there's been no evidence or accusations that the wife beater has done that since 1993...so apparently both of them actually did learn from their crimes, rehab and move on.

Also, if we're really going to go there? Adler's actually the only one in the band who has done jail time for beating women. He's actually been convicted in court of beating THREE different women at different time periods and has spent several months in jail for it. So what were we saying again, over there?

Edited by stella

This. I don't ever recall making a comparative analysis of the three transgressions or stating that Adler was worse than the other two -- but he's got a far more recent track record. The heroin dealer hasn't dealt since the 1980s and there's been no evidence or accusations that the wife beater has done that since 1993...so apparently both of them actually did learn from their crimes, rehab and move on.

Also, if we're really going to go there? Adler's actually the only one in the band who has done jail time for beating women. He's actually been convicted in court of beating THREE different women at different time periods and has spent several months in jail for it. So what were we saying again, over there?

Wow, i feel like an idiot myself, because literally the first time i heard about this

Adler really got jailtime for this?

Edited by Strange Broue

Point missed. Completely.

You continually bash Adler for his drug use.

What business is it of yours what this guys does or has done in his personal life?

These guys are rock stars. They aren't your friends or buddies. They don't owe you anything. Conversely their personal life should be none if your concern.

Adler had a drug problem. I hope he can get over it and find piece in his life.

Same with Slash. Axl has anger issues and smacked around a few different women? I hope he has remorse, has learned to control his anger, and that he has found piece and happiness in life.

That's it. Delving any further into these guys personal lives, concerning yourself with their day to day activities..........it is just creepy.

And a huge LOL at your comparative analysis comment. You chide people for doing that - and then you do it yourself. Classic.

Ps

I really enjoyed a post you did about a month ago that was about song writing and royalties and how that all works. I tried to send you a message as I have a nephew who is trying to make it in the entertainment world and had a couple questions for you. But you have me blocked. Which is cool, no problem. But I just wanted to give you props as you had a couple really good posts in that topic.

Wow, i feel like an idiot myself, because literally the first time i heard about this

Don't beat yourself up. You aren't an idiot. You are one of the most intelligent, well spoken and well liked posters on the forum.

You're totally not an idiot. Your reply was good. :)

Yep, he was sent to jail twice for DV. Once for four days and once for 150. He actually apparently beat up two different women while he was on probation for beating up another one. Unfortunately the original articles are so old that they've been archived but there's information here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=65

Former Guns 'N Roses drummer Steven Adler was sentenced to 150 days in jail on Thursday for attacking two women in separate domestic violence incidents, which also violates his probation from a 1997 conviction in another domestic violence case.

He pled no contest to two counts of battery in a dating relationship and admitted the probation violation in West Los Angeles Municipal Court. Adler was also sentenced to three years of summary probation, with the conditions of undergoing a year of domestic violence counseling and a ban on using illegal drugs. Additionally, a protective order was issued by Commissioner Joseph S. Biderman in respect to both victims. Adler is required to turn himself in to the court at 1:45 p.m. on October 29 to begin serving his sentence or show proof that he's turned himself into a city jail.

Edited by stella
  • Like 1

No way adults like Axl, Duff & Slash would 'trust' the success of the reunion on this junkie head guy - he couldn't keep up on his side of the bargain back in his heydays and he surely wouldn't be able to cope with it right now... Matt is a great drummer that probably most people anyways will relate to Gn'R and a safe bet. Bye bye now Mr. Steven 'popcorn' Adler - btw thanks for your services.

Edited by trqster