The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Exciting times to be a GN'R fan. Does anyone else thinks that the hoarders could give some of their stuff considering they probably won't use them (and even if they do we can be sure that it won't be like it was ten or whatever it is the number of years they have had them)

This is Adler's fan club. Duff has shared GNR info on his facebook account too i believe.

Maybe the News of Pitman, Frank and Fortus is not all bad News. It can mean that a New album consisting both New and old material will surface :)

We now that Fortus has helped Write many tunes (after those on Chi Dem)

Didnt Fortus also mention last year that they worked on something from the Slash-period - that they dug into some of the earlier unreleased material? :)

Stinson never left the band did he? What if he's the possible 3rd guitarist, there to fill out the sound. He wouldn't be stepping on Slashs toes with solos like a more established guitarist would, or how Fortus might if he was moved up from Rhythm to joint lead or whatever the position is.

personally I don't care about Frank as a drummer and Fortus as rhythm-guitarist, as long as Frank learns to play Mr Brownstone correctly,, that really annoys me.

Pitman is fine,, he might be there for the sound effects (violins, horns, whatever),

Edited by DutchDemocracy

Stinson never left the band did he? What if he's the possible 3rd guitarist, there to fill out the sound. He wouldn't be stepping on Slashs toes with solos like a more established guitarist would, or how Fortus might if he was moved up from Rhythm to joint lead or whatever the position is.

Basically all the "members" are hired by Axl, they are on a waiting call. Its up to Axl to call them whenever he wants. These members have no right to point a finger, Today if Matt gets the call and not Ferrer even though he is officially in the band, legally he can't do anything against Axl.

On the other hand Ashba left officially, that means IF Axl calls him, he can say NO to him. I assume Ron also left the band, but it seems he din't have the balls to say it.

It really shocks me Slash is agreeing to that. I've always supported him, and still will, because I feel he's level headed. Duff as well, if not more. But it is odd what they get out of this. This isn't "the band" they were in, and I'm surprised already by how much Axl has gotten in this.

It really shocks me Slash is agreeing to that. I've always supported him, and still will, because I feel he's level headed. Duff as well, if not more. But it is odd what they get out of this. This isn't "the band" they were in, and I'm surprised already by how much Axl has gotten in this.

At the end of the day this is all about $$$$ and giving the fans a little bit back. They all toured for 20+ years playing the same GNR songs. Might as well do it together and milk it as much as they can. They are all in their 50s, they won't be able to do it later. Is now or never. We've gone in circles mentioning Izzy and Steven, Izzy will do some shows and Steven can't put up with a whole tour, but like I said the Izzy Steven thing as been discussed for months now.

I'm still clinging on to the hope that pitman will just be a sort of Teddy Zigzag in all of this. I am not completely content with the thought of a majority of NUGNR members in the band, which will be the case if they bring a whole circus up there

At the end of the day this is all about $$$$ and giving the fans a little bit back. They all toured for 20+ years playing the same GNR songs. Might as well do it together and milk it as much as they can. They are all in their 50s, they won't be able to do it later. Is now or never. We've gone in circles mentioning Izzy and Steven, Izzy will do some shows and Steven can't put up with a whole tour, but like I said the Izzy Steven thing as been discussed for months now.

I know, and I don't mean to judge it up. People can disagree, but to me Slash has been relatively about integrity since leaving GNR. This does seem strange when considering that. I want to believe its not a money grab, in the way that Slash and Duff aren't just doing it for the money. I'm having a really hard time with that if its most NuGuns, which many agree it just shouldn't be. Hence, you get Matt at least.

I know, and I don't mean to judge it up. People can disagree, but to me Slash has been relatively about integrity since leaving GNR. This does seem strange when considering that. I want to believe its not a money grab, in the way that Slash and Duff aren't just doing it for the money. I'm having a really hard time with that if its most NuGuns, which many agree it just shouldn't be. Hence, you get Matt at least.

Hey I agree, I'd love to see the UYI line up. Matt and Gilby if Izzy and Steven were not up to it. Slash has integrity along with Duff, I think they wanted to give back to the fans after so many years, and I actually believe Axl wanted to give back as well.

Hey I agree, I'd love to see the UYI line up. Matt and Gilby if Izzy and Steven were not up to it. Slash has integrity along with Duff, I think they wanted to give back to the fans after so many years, and I actually believe Axl wanted to give back as well.

My thinking though is that Duff (I don't even need to keep bringing up Slash anymore) KNOWS what a GNR reunion means. And this isn't it. I'm not saying its bad, but its not what people would choose. So why are they all of a sudden rolling over to do THIS. This hybrid. I understand no Gilby, I understand no Steven. The Matt thing, there must have been something there. Cause there's no way Slash and Duff just agreed to Axl not liking him, but in that case isn't it just already bringing up old problems. That Axl controls. I just have a hard time believing those two would get so on board for this when they know what everyone wants.

A one off with originals could potentinally mean more than a tour thats a hybrid.