Disapointment or what?

With all the hype, and talk and rumors of reunion. In my mind, a "reunion" is either Appetite or Ilusion line up. IF a New line up will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy AND Frank and Fortus. it might be great. but i would be disapointet. thats not a reunion, thats just Three old friends comming back together, not a band doing a reunion. just my opinion. what about you?

Edited by NorwayIllusion
  • Like 1

I would prefer a reunion with dizzy, frank, and fortus.

Dizzy has stuck around for over 20 years. There's no reason to ditch him... Besides, he's needed for the uyi songs. They can't do a reunion tour without the hits from uyi.

Fortus has been around for 13 years. Izzy doesn't like touring. Why get rid of fortus for someone who dislikes touring and isn't as good live? I say just have izzy on call for writing and keep fortus touring and some writing.

And then you have frank.... Yes he's not as good as matt, but I don't think axl wants to have a complete reunion in case things do fall apart again... Adler won't be back because I don't think he's capable of doing a major tour.

• Like 1

Izzy has said numerous times he'd be down for the reunion, but if he can't or won't do it for whatever reason, it's gotta be Gilby taking his spot. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy/Gilby, Matt/Steven, Dizzy for some songs. No fucking piano on Nightrain though.

• Like 1

Izzy has said numerous times he'd be down for the reunion, but if he can't or won't do it for whatever reason, it's gotta be Gilby taking his spot. Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy/Gilby, Matt/Steven, Dizzy for some songs. No fucking piano on Nightrain though.

Why gilby but not fortus? I don't understand why people would rather have gilby than Richard when gilby has contributed less to gnr than fortus... Gilby was simply a temp replacement for izzy. Sure, Richard was a replacement too but at least he did record with GnR and has clearly been a perminant member the past 13 years.

• Like 1

On a musical level I would be disappointed in any change that makes new music a more remote possibility. I am afraid that any reunion would fall into that category. On an appreciation-of-Axl level, and mind you, that is pretty low from before, I would be disappointed by his loss of integrity by reuniting after previously having stated "not in this lifetime".

On a positive note, if the rumoured lineup is true, I think it is a nice mix of the old and the new, I hope Duff and Slash might kick Axl's ass a bit to get some progress, and I am curious on how Richard's and Slash's guitars will mesh and what the sound will be like. Going back to a two guitar band and dropping Pitman's keyboard is also more in line with my kind of music - I just hope they won't drop playing songs from CD live (Slash could probably play Better and TIL).

All this being said, I still doubt it is happening :)

Why gilby but not fortus? I don't understand why people would rather have gilby than Richard when gilby has contributed less to gnr than fortus... Gilby was simply a temp replacement for izzy. Sure, Richard was a replacement too but at least he did record with GnR and has clearly been a perminant member the past 13 years.

Gilby was also considered a member of the band, not just a session guy. Maybe Slash wouldn't have a problem playing with Fortus but I think he'd be down even more to play with Gilby if Izzy can't/won't do major touring.

Gilby has a better name.

With all the hype, and talk and rumors of reunion. In my mind, a "reunion" is either Appetite or Ilusion line up. IF a New line up will be Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy AND Frank and Fortus. it might be great. but i would be disapointet. thats not a reunion, thats just Three old friends comming back together, not a band doing a reunion. just my opinion. what about you?

100% agree. I don't want to see neither Fortus nor Ferer. They have absolutely nothing to do with reunion. If you're gonna call it "reunion" only the original members should be involved. Though, in GnR case, I would be ok with Illusions era, considering that they were at the top of their fame in that period. Just my oppinion
  • Like 1

Gilby was simply a temp replacement for izzy. Sure, Richard was a replacement too but at least he did record with GnR and has clearly been a perminant member the past 13 years.

13 years, half of which were spent doing absolutely nothing GNR related, plus... TSI>CD thats right. fortus is cool though

CD isn't that bad

it actually has really grown on me since i joined this site......its a mystery.....have i been brain washed?

i mean ive never hated it but i can actually say im enjoying it now. maybe the songs are speaking to me more than ever now or something

Edited by -HollywoodRose-

As long as there's new GNR music coming out, nothing will disappoint me. Well if neither Slash or Duff ends up coming back, sure that'd be a bummer. But the biggest disappointment would be if Axl decided to just do some nostalgia touring and then end his career. I doubt that's gonna happen though, so I'm not worried. Since DJ quit the band, I've been expecting GNR to reform with the Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Dizzy and Frank lineup. Maybe throw Pitman in there too. So I'd definitely not be disappointed if that happened. Why would I? If Slash and Duff comes back, that's freaking epic. Sure it would be nice to see Izzy up there as well, but I'm under the impression that he's kinda unreliable. I want GNR to be somewhat stable, so that they can release new music without too many problems.

Edited by Lies They Tell