Songs from CD that the reunion lineup should play

^^^

But if Slash and Duff are back in Guns, suddenly it's a legitimate entity cause you have 3 original members but it's still not real Guns without Izzy and Steven.

Just like The Stones aren't really The Stones. But somehow they seem legit. No double standard.

Then they can call it Velvet Revolver. ..lol

Slash shouldn't be expected to perform any track from Chinese, end of.

You are right. But what if it's a quid pro quo kind of thing? I'll play The Blues if you sing Slither for example.

Exactly, ie the 4 songs Axl wanted Slash to play on CD and the VR material that Axl would have been familiar with. But it would be great if they finished the album slash, duff, Izzy and Matt wrote before Izzy bailed ahead of a reunion tour.

So should they also play Velvet Revolver, and solo material? They have more than enough material from AFD/UYI era to need to play Axl's ChiDem solo stuff....IMHO

Agreed.

If a reunion ever came to be, I would have zero interest in hearing them play anything from CD era or even VR. A reunion in its purest form would be for those guys to take the stage together again and play the songs that made them Guns N Roses. Anything else would just be filler. I don't care how Axl would sound on Slither or how Slash would play Better. It's not why I became a fan, and it's not why I still am all these years later.

Look, we've got an Axl lover/Slash hater over here who is clearly tone deaf, yes rendestroi95 I'm talking about you. Stfu mate. Bono is right.

Who told you that im an "Axl lover/slash hater", kid?

Its about style

Slash wouldn't bring any improvement to an album that has nothing to do with his style, just like finck fucked up almost all of the old solos...

Just stop kissing his ass...

Edited by rendestroi95

I think anything from the GnR catalogue would be suitable.

Particularly from CD: the title track, the blues, and catcher.

I admit, it would be odd to have Slash play a song like Shackler's.

No problem with songs from the other members solo endeavors or past bands. Look at the setlists from recent GNR shows.. Tommy and Ron both had a chance to play some of their original material.

Chinese

Better

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Sorry

This I Love

Prostitute

Slash would problably fuck up half of the solos, or just give them a more melodic-full-of-bends version, but would be cool anyways

Or what's more likely is he'd make them way fucking better.

haha, like if TWAT could be improved

but good joke tho

haha unreal. TWAT is so fucking overrated and the solo everyone creams their pants about is nothing more than a decent solo on an album with no memorable solos. The only Joke is clowns like you thinking Slash wouldn't be able to improve CD. Not like he didn't give us 4 amazing GnR albums with all time classic guitar solos and riffs throughout all the albums. Noooooooo Buckethead is unmatched and Slash would fuck it all up........... seriously stfu.

You are such an embassador for acknowledging and encouraging diversity of opinion.

Personally I think there is absolute 0 chance Slash could improve TWAT. It contains the greatest guitar work in GN'R discography. That is my humble opinion.

Slash shouldn't be expected to perform any track from Chinese, end of.

You are right. But what if it's a quid pro quo kind of thing? I'll play The Blues if you sing Slither for example.

Exactly, ie the 4 songs Axl wanted Slash to play on CD and the VR material that Axl would have been familiar with. But it would be great if they finished the album slash, duff, Izzy and Matt wrote before Izzy bailed ahead of a reunion tour.

Since I didn't rate VR, I really wouldn't expect Axl to 'cover' any VR material. If Slash were to cover anything off of CD, then I guess he'd be able to play it better most, live.