Songs from CD that the reunion lineup should play

Still not the full original line up.

Pretending Black and Blue is as good as Beggars is stretching it. I like Black and Blue but it's no rock classic.

I go to Stones shows and it's all the old classics, no Ronnie songs, maybe one. And you have Daryl on bass. Obviously not the original line up that made them successful.

The initial argument was not about original line-ups per se but whether are not a band is a legitimate entity. Clearly Mick/Keith/Charlie/Ron are the Stones. Describing Axl and a bunch of random guys as 'Guns' however is a stretch. I do not know what your argument about Black and Blue pertains to? Some people's favourite Stones album is Some Girls and that features Ronnie.

Some Girls is my favorite.

I'd like to see a reunited Guns play Sorry preceded by an apology from Slash to Axl.

Yeah and we can have Stephanie Seymour stripping while Axl plays Prostitute.

• Like 1

Pretending Black and Blue is as good as Beggars is stretching it. I like Black and Blue but it's no rock classic.

I go to Stones shows and it's all the old classics, no Ronnie songs, maybe one. And you have Daryl on bass. Obviously not the original line up that made them successful.

The initial argument was not about original line-ups per se but whether are not a band is a legitimate entity. Clearly Mick/Keith/Charlie/Ron are the Stones. Describing Axl and a bunch of random guys as 'Guns' however is a stretch. I do not know what your argument about Black and Blue pertains to? Some people's favourite Stones album is Some Girls and that features Ronnie.

I'd like to see a reunited Guns play Sorry preceded by an apology from Slash to Axl.

If the reverse happens, reunited Guns playing Crucify the Dead preceded by an apology from Axl to Slash, I will sign up.

If the reverse happens, reunited Guns playing Crucify the Dead preceded by an apology from Axl to Slash, I will sign up.

Have you considered the possibility that that songs is about Steven Adler?

A Loaded Gun Jammed by your Rose. Where does Steven Adler come in between this?

A Loaded Gun Jammed by your Rose. Where does Steven Adler come in between this?

You ever see those glass tubes with roses in them? People use those as crack pipes.

Shackler's just because it'd be somehow hilarious seeing Slash playing it. The last thing I'd have ever expected is seeing Slash bouncing up and down doing his hopping half-crab thing to the SR pre-chorus riff.

The whole concept is a clusterfuck, a gigantic one... I can't even begin to go into why it's disappointing and kinda uncomfortable to have a half-reunion playing the CD songs, Axl's one fucking convoluted, confused dude, like five years ago we thought fucking finally he's realizing he still has tons of potential and talent and he has succeeded getting halfway up the mountain, then we had the CD tour redone but it was like a ghost trapped in its cycle... then this out of the blue and the swamp of sorting out what the heck it means to see Slash and Duff on CD songs... what a mess.

Edited by RandallFlagg

But you are arguing two separate arguments!! How do you expect me to respond to that when you have basically taken the conversation and applied it to all of those hybrid discussions we were having two weeks ago?

It was a hybrid post. Still, everything I said was correct. Some of it specifically applied to what you have said in this thread. You have to admit there is a double standard when it comes to Guns.

Axl is an asshole. It's easy to hate on the guy that supposedly broke up old Guns. I get it. But it's still not objective. 3 members in Guns, if you judge the band on only it's own merits, NOT REAL GUNS.

Axl, Slash, and Duff in a band still good. But without Steven, and especially Izzy imo, it's not even close to being real Guns.

The Stones? not really The Stones without Brian Jones. He was extremely important. Proof:

Edited by Rovim

The Stones? not really The Stones without Brian Jones. He was extremely important. Proof:

The Stones under Jones certainly has its fanbase, and those who prefer it over the two subsequent line-ups (which is a legitimate and perfectly valid viewpoint), however that is certainly a fringe opinion you are espousing there! Even the most hardcore of Brian Jones supporters has to admit that the Stones went through an exceptional period of musical creativity between 1969-1972.

You are fundamentally wrong. The Stones were accepted as legitimate post-Jones. Proof of the pudding is in touring which quadrupled in size, financing and numbers.

Edited by DieselDaisy

^^^

Even when they had Mick Taylor, one of my favorite guitar players I might add, they were not considered the real Stones by me. Just like you said it was "odd" to you to consider only Axl, Duff, and Slash real Guns. Without Izzy and Steven. Mick Taylor is like Bucket to me in this context. He is not Slash. He does not bring to Guns what Slash brought. He is Bucket. He brought his elements to the table.

Listen carefully: the use your illusion line up. That is what you find odd. Not real Guns to you, but real Guns to most fans. So... do you consider the opinion you espouse to be "fringe"? Is it? does it matter? why are you always wrong?

Edited by Rovim

^^^

Even when they had Mick Taylor, one of my favorite guitar players I might add, they were not considered the real Stones by me. Just like you said it was "odd" to you to consider only Axl, Duff, and Slash real Guns. Without Izzy and Steven.

Listen carefully: the use your illusion line up. That is what you find odd. Not real Guns to you, but real Guns to most fans. So... do you consider the opinion you espouse to be "fringe"? Is it? does it matter? why are you always wrong?

Your views on Mick Taylor belong to the minority - even you have to accept this.

I've never once espoused an opinion that could even be erroneously interpreted as describing the Illusion line-up as illegitimate, 'not real Guns'. This is a complete fabrication by you, a straw man argument. I might prefer the Appetite band but this is a bit different as saying that the Illusion band are not ''real Guns''!

I have never once stated that the Illusion band were 'not real guns'.

You said Axl, Slash, and Duff, the only original Guns members in the Illusion line up as well, is "odd" to you for some peculiar reason as real Guns.

Did you not? but The Stones ain't "odd" without all of their original members. How many times will I have to explain this shit to you? please understand.

Edited by Rovim

You said Axl, Slash, and Duff, the only original Guns members in the Illusion line up as well, is "odd" to you from some peculiar reason as real Guns.

Did you not? but The Stones ain't "odd" without all of their original members. How many times will I have to explain this shit to you? please understand.

I said the proposal of a hybrid formation today, 2015 - amidst the current rumours - seems an odd decision to me considering Adler, Izzy, Matt and Gilby are still around and that it would be difficult to market as a 'reunion'. I never stated that the Illusion band were ''not real Guns''.

Heck, I was virtually the only one on this forum saying Gilby should be part of a reunion in the absence of Stradlin! I have this long argument with an user whose name I cannot recall but I'm sure you can search for it! I would not have been in Gilby's corner if I thought the Illusion era was illegitimate!

You said Axl, Slash, and Duff, the only original Guns members in the Illusion line up as well, is "odd" to you from some peculiar reason as real Guns.

I said the proposal of a hybrid formation today, 2015 - amidst the current rumours - seems an odd decision to me considering Adler, Izzy, Matt and Gilby are still around and that it would be difficult to market as a 'reunion'. I never stated that the Illusion band were ''not real Guns''.

Heck, I was virtually the only one on this forum saying Gilby should be part of a reunion in the absence of Stradlin! I have this long argument with an user whose name I cannot recall but I'm sure you can search for it! I would not have been in Gilby's corner if I thought the Illusion era was illegitimate!

Where were we? oh, you were wrong again: I said LIKE the use your illusion line up. Check if you want.

I'll simplify: what fans consider to be legitimate, every single person in his or her mind, is different man. It's different.

It can be 1 member gone, but gone are all the elements with him that you liked the best in the band! my favorite Guns song is Nightrain. My favorite Stones song is none of your business.

Finally: if you'll admit that you're wrong, I won't think you're stupid. You care too much about what others think. Just an observation.

Edited by Rovim

Where were we? oh, you were wrong again: I said LIKE the use your illusion line up. Check if you want.

I'll simplify: what fans consider to be legitimate, every single person in his or her mind, is different man. It's different.

It can be 1 member gone, but gone are all the elements with him that you liked the best in the band! my favorite Guns song is Nightrain. My favorite Stones song is none of your business.

Finally: if you'll admit that you're wrong, I won't think you're stupid. You care too much about what others think. Just an observation.

I honestly do not know what I'm supposed to be wrong about here - the straw man arguments you have fabricated for yourself? Do you expect me to apoligise for the hole you have dug for yourself, you making yourself look a bit silly to be frank? Firstly, seeing as I've never claimed the Illusion line-up are illegitimate, I cannot be wrong about their ''lack of legitimacy'', can I? This ''Illusion band are not real'' is words you have invented (for me), as part of some fictitious argument you have concocted (for me to say). Secondly, seeing as eighty percent of the Rolling Stones remained the same both ante-Brian and post-Brian, and that the Mick Taylor era is universally lauded, as verified by sales figures and acclaim, I cannot be wrong about that either, about some large scale public turning away from them due to the sacking of Brian Jones in June 1969.

Chinese

Better

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Sorry

This I Love

Prostitute

Slash would problably fuck up half of the solos, or just give them a more melodic-full-of-bends version, but would be cool anyways

Or what's more likely is he'd make them way fucking better.

haha, like if TWAT could be improved

but good joke tho

Chinese

Better

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Sorry

This I Love

Prostitute

Slash would problably fuck up half of the solos, or just give them a more melodic-full-of-bends version, but would be cool anyways

but good joke tho

haha unreal. TWAT is so fucking overrated and the solo everyone creams their pants about is nothing more than a decent solo on an album with no memorable solos. The only Joke is clowns like you thinking Slash wouldn't be able to improve CD. Not like he didn't give us 4 amazing GnR albums with all time classic guitar solos and riffs throughout all the albums. Noooooooo Buckethead is unmatched and Slash would fuck it all up........... seriously stfu.

• Like 1

Chinese

Better

Street of Dreams

There Was a Time

Madagascar

Sorry

This I Love

Prostitute

but good joke tho

haha unreal. TWAT is so fucking overrated and the solo everyone creams their pants about is nothing more than a decent solo on an album with no memorable solos. The only Joke is clowns like you thinking Slash wouldn't be able to improve CD. Not like he didn't give us 4 amazing GnR albums with all time classic guitar solos and riffs throughout all the albums. Noooooooo Buckethead is unmatched and Slash would fuck it all up........... seriously stfu.

yeah right, the old "thats so overrated" attached to some other angry childish words

not getting into that dude, sry

ps: yep, he would problably fuck it up :)