Junk Food Snacks from other countries

Snake-Pit

Just now, spunko12345 said:

I fucking love pottering about. I'm off work today and this morning i went out for some baking foil, fairy liquid and a jar of coffee. Two shops I went in for that lot just fannying around cos I knew Fairy was cheaper in a different shop :lol:

Mate, just fuckin' have a drink :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

I remembered this post yesterday lunchtime in Sainsburys as they were on offer 6 packets of nik Naks for a pound. But then I remembered you saying they're not as nice anymore so I bought 6 wheat crunchies for a quid instead.

Incidentally,  why would anyone pay 70p for a pack of crisps nowadays when you can get multi packs for a quid in any supermarket. I buy 6 on a Monday and I'm done for my weeks lunches in work. Over the week it ends up saving me about...... i don't know, a few quid?

Brand names have different recipes for different quantities. The ingredients may stay the same.

I've noticed the 6 pack of McCoy's from Tesco weren't as nice as the 12 pack from Iceland..

The soda fountain Coca-Cola comes from a syrup cube that's had cold carbonated water ran through it. Those 3l bottles of Coca-Cola that cost the same as 2l bottles of Coca-Cola have been watered down, different recipes from their 500ml bottles and 330ml cans. 

Single packs of McCoy's/Walkers etc... Taste better than their multipack and big bag counterparts, usually - for this reason.

It's like brand economics, screw with the recipe but keep the brand mentality to maximise profits

Edited by Snake-Pit

13 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Brand names have different recipes for different quantities. The ingredients may stay the same.

I've noticed the 6 pack of McCoy's from Tesco weren't as nice as the 12 pack from Iceland..

The soda fountain Coca-Cola comes from a syrup cube that's had cold carbonated water ran through it. Those 3l bottles of Coca-Cola that cost the same as 2l bottles of Coca-Cola have been watered down, different recipes from their 500ml bottles and 330ml cans. 

Single packs of McCoy's/Walkers etc... Taste better than their multipack and big bag counterparts, usually - for this reason.

It's like brand economics, screw with the recipe but keep the brand mentality to maximise profits

Nah, im not having that Snakes, those Wheat Crunchies were just fine.

5 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Don't mind if I do :lol:

20161018_133845.jpg

Fuckin' hell, thats a fuckin' pit diggers paw if ever i saw one! :lol:.  Look at the fuckin' hair on that thing, it looks like that film where Oliver Reed played the werewolf!  The entire contents of that fridge is just ingridients for a ham sandwich.  Except the carrots but we all know what they're for eh Sailor? :lol:  

12 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Nah, im not having that Snakes, those Wheat Crunchies were just fine.

They're the ones that taste like ketchup arent they?  I used to nick them out of the tuck shop in school cuz they were always in the box closest to the backdoor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Bit of trivia: Australians call candy floss 'fairy floss'!

i thought British did as well? no? 

does anyone not from the US eat/have candy corn? and do you like it if you do? i love it but find it's pretty sharply divided as to who likes it and who can't stand it.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin' hell, thats a fuckin' pit diggers paw if ever i saw one! :lol:.  Look at the fuckin' hair on that thing, it looks like that film where Oliver Reed played the werewolf!  The entire contents of that fridge is just ingridients for a ham sandwich.  Except the carrots but we all know what they're for eh Sailor? :lol:  

They're the ones that taste like ketchup arent they?  I used to nick them out of the tuck shop in school cuz they were always in the box closest to the backdoor.

What can I say, I'm a brute of a man. I ruined it a bit with the coors light though didn't i :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What can I say, I'm a brute of a man. I ruined it a bit with the coors light though didn't i :lol:

I couldnt tell it was light, why you drinking light beers you big girls bra! :lol:

rsz_spunko.jpg

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Your thinking of Len. He only uses his fridge as somewhere to stick the kebab menu onto:lol: 

Ever since i fucked my fridge magnet its been a bastard :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

what the fuck's candy corn? :lol:

lol i take it you don't have it there? i've sent a pic in case you have it there but call it something different. it's very sweet, supposedly made with honey but i think it's almost all high fructose corn syrup. i like the white part of it best for some reason.

because it's so sweet i can only eat a few at a time which is good! it has been a staple of Halloween time all my life :) 

candy corn.JPG

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

there is a place in Sacramento ( about a 2 hour drive from me ) that is like an old fashioned grocery store. anyway they sell candies from many different countries. next time i go i will check out British candy :lol:

British candy is soooo much better than anything from the US. It almost makes up for fact that the rest of our food is uniformly terrible. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so what would you suggest i look for? :)

Not sure to be honest. Apparently American milk chocolate is made with soured milk which is why it's so different to European chocolate. I've gotta say though that as much as I'm not a huge fan of US candy, I do love the sweet sections of Buc-ee's  whenever I'm in Texas. Just so fucking massive! :lol: 

• Like 1

Just now, Dazey said:

Not sure to be honest. Apparently American milk chocolate is made with soured milk which is why it's so different to European chocolate. I've gotta say though that as much as I'm not a huge fan of US candy, I do love the sweet sections of Buc-ee's  whenever I'm in Texas. Just so fucking massive! :lol: 

ew @ soured milk. i actually don't eat a lot of candy. i have had Cadbury chocolate, that's British i think. the best for me is Godiva from Brussels, but it's expensive so i rarely have that. at Christmas i always buy Lindt milk chocolate truffles from Switzerland.

ashamed to say as a born and bred Texan i have never been to Buc-ee's :(

if i may ask, what do you travel to Texas for? :)

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ew @ soured milk. i actually don't eat a lot of candy. i have had Cadbury chocolate, that's British i think. the best for me is Godiva from Brussels, but it's expensive so i rarely have that. at Christmas i always buy Lindt milk chocolate truffles from Switzerland.

ashamed to say as a born and bred Texan i have never been to Buc-ee's :(

if i may ask, what do you travel to Texas for? :)

My wife is Texan so we go there to visit her family. She's been in San Antonio with our daughter since early September and I'm flying out next Saturday. We're gonna spend some time there and a couple days in Austin then drive out to New Orleans for a few days. Heading back here mid November then back out to San Antonio for Christmas. Lots of travelling but its important that baby gets to spend time with her grandma. :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My wife is Texan so we go there to visit her family. She's been in San Antonio with our daughter since early September and I'm flying out next Saturday. We're gonna spend some time there and a couple days in Austin then drive out to New Orleans for a few days. Heading back here mid November then back out to San Antonio for Christmas. Lots of travelling but its important that baby gets to spend time with her grandma. :)

that's so cool! thanks :)

• Like 1