Junk Food Snacks from other countries

Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

British candy

Antonym.

11 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if you ever want to try the weirdest junk food in the USA go to a state fair. they have such wonderful things as fried butter, fried candy bars, fried pizza, fried twinkies basically anything you can think of they will deep fry it for you :D

Sounds like a Scotsman's soiree

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no BBQ can touch Texas BBQ! what place is this? have you been to Franklin's in Austin?

That was The Salt Lick out in Driftwood.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salt_Lick

IMG_6290.JPG

We're going to Franklins on this trip. Can't wait. :)

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

That was The Salt Lick out in Driftwood.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Salt_Lick

IMG_6290.JPG

We're going to Franklins on this trip. Can't wait. :)

that is awesome! i'm sure since your wife is a Texan you know how fast they sell out ( like 11 a.m. a lot ) please let us know how you like it. oh and how the Dia de los Muertos is! :)

oh the Salt Lick of course! i have never been there but have seen it on one of the food/travel channels here. makes my mouth water :D

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the top things that kinda look like doughnuts here...what are they? does the pink one have strawberry flavored icing? they look yummy! 

The pink ones are called "Berliininmunkki". The icing isn't strawberry flavored, it's just sugar and pink food coloring. But usually they are filled with strawberry jam. :D 

The "brown" ones are called "Omarmunkki". We have candies called "Omarkarkit" here so the icing is melted Omar candies and I think they are filled with some kind of Omar pudding, I really don't know what it is :D

Kuvahaun tulos haulle omar karkit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

The pink ones are called "Berliininmunkki". The icing isn't strawberry flavored, it's just sugar and pink food coloring. But usually they are filled with strawberry jam. :D 

The "brown" ones are called "Omarmunkki". We have candies called "Omarkarkit" here so the icing is melted Omar candies and I think they are filled with some kind of Omar pudding, I really don't know what it is :D

Kuvahaun tulos haulle omar karkit

i want the one with the strawberry jam inside. thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i want the one with the strawberry jam inside. thanks!

Come to Finland :D You can get those from pretty much every grocery store.

The "Omarmunkki" is a new thing in Finland. They started to make them in 2016 May or something and you couldn't get them anywhere because people went crazy over them. :facepalm: It was insane.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bandanaman said:

Come to Finland :D You can get those from pretty much every grocery store.

The "Omarmunkki" is a new thing in Finland. They started to make them in 2016 May or something and you couldn't get them anywhere because people went crazy over them. :facepalm: It was insane.

I always seem to read your screename as Bananarama. 

i'd love to go to Finland. you have auroras there right? i am obsessed w/them. saw one here in the states back in '01 but it was one of those red ones.i want to see the really colorful ones!

back on topic, i tried to google the Omarmunkki and could find no results. they resemble maple bars we have here but i don't think that's what they are. maple syrup is not very prevent in European countries is it? :)

• Like 1

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'd love to go to Finland. you have auroras there right? i am obsessed w/them. saw one here in the states back in '01 but it was one of those red ones.i want to see the really colorful ones!

back on topic, i tried to google the Omarmunkki and could find no results. they resemble maple bars we have here but i don't think that's what they are. maple syrup is not very prevent in European countries is it? :)

Yep. In Northern Finland we do have auroras. I think we sometimes have them in Southern Finland but it's pretty rare. I have never seen one. :shrugs:

And really you couldn't? Maybe it's because you are from another country. Try this link: https://www.google.fi/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=omarmunkki

And nope, they aren't maple bars but they sound good..

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They also have a great deal of amphetemines I'm led to believe!

Do we? :D

• Like 1