GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

There are tons and tons of bands who do not provide much information to fans and whose fans don't collectively lose it speculating. I've never encountered this with another fanbase the way it is here. There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on. I shudder to think what these people would do if Guns N Roses were a band existing in the 1970s instead of the 90s/00s.

Like who? Can you name a couple other major bands that don't keep their fans updated. At least occasionally.

And during a time period that some people are calling the biggest reunion in history.

And when did anybody - name one person - say they wanted "constant" updates? How about one per year. Maybe go out on a limb and give two per year. One every six months.

You think fans are out of order for wanting an update after three members quit. Two ex members confirm they are back. And the band is headlong a major fesitval. All that has happened in the last year. Without a single update.

U2 released an album last year. I just read an interview with Bono talking about how the band has been in the studio and have recorded 18 songs. And they plan to weed it down to the best 12 for a release this year. That's a band that released something last year. Already sharing updates with their fans

GnR last album was seven years ago. Three members quit. Two legendary members return. Nobody knows if Izzy, Adler, Sorum are involved. Rumors even have an ex-VR guitar player joining. Possibly the biggest reunion in rock history. Axl cancels a tv appearance with one days notice. NOT one word from the GnR camp except a picture of a festival with them headlining.

Who is in the band?

Will they tour?

Are they going to release a new album?

Simple things they can address or touch on. Those answers won't hurt the band. Fans would go crazy.

The way some people justify everything Axl does, even when it's clearly wrong, is amazing.

Lol.

Please, Apollo, seriously? You trying to be rational with an Axl fan? :lol:

I'm not an Axl fan.

If the band were more open and clear about their plans and stopped this Area 51/Us against the world stupid behavior, these bad journalists wouldn't even have the chance to spread their bullshit. I don't see other fanbases having problems with AN.

There are tons and tons of bands who do not provide much information to fans and whose fans don't collectively lose it speculating. I've never encountered this with another fanbase the way it is here. There seems to be an expectation that management of this band should be constantly updating the fans on everything that goes on. I shudder to think what these people would do if Guns N Roses were a band existing in the 1970s instead of the 90s/00s.

Like who? Can you name a couple other major bands that don't keep their fans updated. At least occasionally.

I think one just died.

And it seems like this band keeps their fans updated occasionally. Whether the definition of occasionally is enough for you might be different than for me.

The way some people dismiss all other opinion as being because they're an "Axl fan" or an Axl apologist, even when that is not the case, is amazing.

Somebody said radio head.

I was asking you, since you made the statement. Can you name five other bands that keep their fans in the dark like GnR.

GnR keeps it's fans update and you and I just have a different opinion on what occasionally means? Lol.

Please share with me the updates GnR has given since the three members have quit the band. Let's say over the last 12 months.

You said fans want "constant" updates. I asked if you could share the names of people doing this.

Nobody is discounting your opinion because you are an Axl fan. Most of us here are diehard fans of the man's music. But if you make wild bold statements that are clearly false, in some weird defense of Axl's actions then you have to expect people to disagree with you.

I asked a couple very simple questions about your post. Hopefully you will expand on what you said.

Guns N' Roses have always hung their hat on being the world's most dangerous band. In the group's glory years, you didn't know whether they would show up, whether they would be strung out or sober, whether they would attack someone in the crowd, whether they would storm off before the show is over.

Now they're all in their 50s, most of them married with kids. There's not much danger left anymore. If they want to keep some aura of "danger" going by not tweeting out to fans about their every movement and leaving some suspense about what is actually going to happen when they take the stage at Coachella, I don't think that's the worst thing in the world.

If it's true about the $14m, a lot of eyes will be focused on GN'R, and especially on Axl. Because for that kind of money, you have to be at the top of your game. Anything less than that and, sadly, there will be plenty of people who will gleefully tear them to shreds.

Just a tad of pressure, then...

I dont get your surprise. This is GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES. the band that was made to be the biggest band in the world as long as they wonted it to be ( and they did it untill 1994). The greatest rock singer frontman ever, the most iconic ( for me the greatest ) guitar player ever, a bunch of some of the best rock songs ever, a magic that only gnr can bring, .. I mean. Are u guys sure you know how big gnr still is?? I dont think so. Go youtube and chek this out: ANY OTHER BAND HAVE MORE VIDEO PLAYS THAN GNR. NO STONES, NO AEROS, NO metallica, NO BEATLES, FLOYD, ZEP, NIRVANA OR ANY OTHER BAND.

JUST NOVEMBER RAIN HAVE MORE THAT 505 MILLION VIEWS , SWEET CHILD MORE THAN 250 MILLION, AND LIKE THAT ALL GNR VIDEOS HAVES BETTER NUMBERS THAT ANY OTHER BANDS. ( AND THATS ONLY OFICIAL VEVO NUMBERS, THERE ARE OTHER GNR VIDEOS OUTSIDE VEVO WITH MILLIONS OF VIEWS ).. GO YOUTUBE AND SEE FOR YOURSELFS. EVEN THIS I LOVE HAVE MORE THAN 3 MILLION VIEWS. SO GO THERE AND DO THE MATH

SO IF SOMEBOY THINKS THAT GNR ISNT BIG ENOUGH , WELL THINK AGAIN. WE'RE ABOUT TO EXPERIENCE A GREAT PIECE OF ROCK / MUSIC HISTORY . PERHAPS THE LAST ONE IN ROCK N ROLL

SO YES, THEY HAVE ENOUGH EVERYTHING TO ASK FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY WANT AND MAYBE MORE. AND IF AXL AND SLASH ARE IN SHAPE AND THEY BRING SOME " GNR KIND OF MATERIAL" , WELL, MAYBE THERE BE NO MONEY ENOUGH

SEPTEM

Edited by SEPTEM
  • Like 1

I wonder what the split is. Are slash duff and axl taking equal amounts?

Given Steven silence and the lack of line up clairty, I would guess that Steven and Izzy are being offered in at a lower rate still to be negotiated.

Thinking about it now, I reckon axl slash and duff have formed a joint venture for the reunion (with differential rights) which means they'll be the employers of the rest of the band (hence why those three will be confirmed). Which means axl slash and duff will share in reunion profits rather than just getting a fee.

This would be similar structure to the 1993 partnership

Given Steven silence and the lack of line up clairty, I would guess that Steven and Izzy are being offered in at a lower rate still to be negotiated.

Thinking about it now, I reckon axl slash and duff have formed a joint venture for the reunion (with differential rights) which means they'll be the employers of the rest of the band (hence why those three will be confirmed). Which means axl slash and duff will share in reunion profits rather than just getting a fee.

Point is, it is the 1993 partnership.

I dont get your surprise. This is GUNS N' FUCKIN ROSES. the band that was made to be the biggest band in the world as long as they wonted it to be ( and they did it untill 1994). The greatest rock singer frontman ever, the most iconic ( for me the greatest ) guitar player ever, a bunch of some of the best rock songs ever, a magic that only gnr can bring, .. I mean. Are u guys sure you know how big gnr still is?? I dont think so. Go youtube and chek this out: ANY OTHER BAND HAVE MORE VIDEO PLAYS THAN GNR. NO STONES, NO AEROS, NO metallica, NO BEATLES, FLOYD, ZEP, NIRVANA OR ANY OTHER BAND.

JUST NOVEMBER RAIN HAVE MORE THAT 505 MILLION VIEWS , SWEET CHILD MORE THAN 250 MILLION, AND LIKE THAT ALL GNR VIDEOS HAVES BETTER NUMBERS THAT ANY OTHER BANDS. ( AND THATS ONLY OFICIAL VEVO NUMBERS, THERE ARE OTHER GNR VIDEOS OUTSIDE VEVO WITH MILLIONS OF VIEWS ).. GO YOUTUBE AND SEE FOR YOURSELFS. EVEN THIS I LOVE HAVE MORE THAN 3 MILLION VIEWS. SO GO THERE AND DO THE MATH

SO IF SOMEBOY THINKS THAT GNR ISNT BIG ENOUGH , WELL THINK AGAIN. WE'RE ABOUT TO EXPERIENCE A GREAT PIECE OF ROCK / MUSIC HISTORY . PERHAPS THE LAST ONE IN ROCK N ROLL

SO YES, THEY HAVE ENOUGH EVERYTHING TO ASK FOR THE AMOUNT OF MONEY THEY WANT AND MAYBE MORE. AND IF AXL AND SLASH ARE IN SHAPE AND THEY BRING SOME " GNR KIND OF MATERIAL" , WELL, MAYBE THERE BE NO MONEY ENOUGH

SEPTEM

Oh dear. Wow.

SEPTEM

GN'R does well on YouTube for an older band, but look at the stuff like Bieber, GaGa, and Adele. Those current pop acts destroy GN'R and every other rock act. If GN'R is able to charge $14m to do a couple shows, what would Adele charge? $30m or more? $14m seems absolutely ludicrous given what Axl has shown in recent years. If his most recent performances featured him in 2006 shape both vocally and physically, I could maybe understand the crazy amount of money.

SEPTEM

GN'R does well on YouTube for an older band, but look at the stuff like Bieber, GaGa, and Adele. Those current pop acts destroy GN'R and every other rock act. If GN'R is able to charge $14m to do a couple shows, what would Adele charge? $30m or more? $14m seems absolutely ludicrous given what Axl has shown in recent years. If his most recent performances featured him in 2006 shape both vocally and physically, I could maybe understand the crazy amount of money.

Pop arists always destroyed rock acts as far as popularity goes. Pop is just easy to digest.

SEPTEM

Please knock it off with the ALL CAPS business.

• Like 2

Given the level of risk attached to trying to make the band work again I don't think Slash would get involved unless it was for some serious cash. Coachella is probably an all round win situation, it's a lot of money for two shows so worth it even if further touring didn't work out.

• Like 1

Well no. There is no way it would just "be the 1993 parntership". It'd be a new parternship with a completely different power balance, probably protecting the fuck out of all Axl's existing NuGnR rights, with Slash and Duff having protections around Axl performance standards.

SEPTEM

Pop arists always destroyed rock acts as far as popularity goes. Pop is just easy to digest.

Very few pop albums have outsold Appetite. That is kinda mindblowing given Appetite's content.

• Like 1

Well no. There is no way it would just "be the 1993 parntership". It'd be a new parternship with a completely different power balance, probably protecting the fuck out of all Axl's existing NuGnR rights, with Slash and Duff having protections around Axl performance standards.

Why so? That makes no sense. Nugnr are a different entity. That makes no sense whatsoever as there is nothing Slash and Duff can do which affects nugnr.

• Like 2

IF YOU READ WHAT I JUST WROTE A SAID " BAND ", WASNT COMPARING WITH SOLO ARTISTS , BUT YOU CANT COMPARE GNR TO ADELE TILL GNR DECIDE TO DO THE SAME " OHH FUCK STOP IT ITS EVERY CHANEL, TV SHOW , E ENTERTAIMENT, ETC" KIND OF PROMOTION. ITS INSANE THE WAY PEOPLE LIKE PERRY, ADELE, GAGA OR WHATEVER PROMOTE THEMSELVES THIS DAYS. IF GUNS DO THAT KIND OF THING? WITH THE CUALITY, MUSIC, PASION, MAGNETISM, HISTORY THAT GNR HAVES? THERE WILL BE NO SPACE FOR THAT KIND OF NUMBERS.

BUT IVE GOT TO SAY, WHEN YOU SEE THAT PERHAPS NOVEMBER RAIN OFICIAL HAVE MORE VIEWS THAN MICHAEL JACKSON THRILLER?? WOW!!

THE THING IS U GUYS ARE ALWAYS TRYNG TO FIND NEGATIVE STUFF TU ARGUE ABOUT. BUT THATS BECAUSE THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, THATS THE KIND OF GREATNESS GNR HAVES.

I REPEAT " BEST YOUTUBE NUMBERS THAT ANY OTHER BAND IN THE WORLD"

ISNT THAT ENOUGH TO PROVE MY POINT?

PD: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUNREAD ABOUT ADELE, GAGA, BIEVER, CYRUS, PERRY, ETC. MOST OF THAT ITS PURE PROMOTIONAL BS AND NOT REAL REAL NUMBERS. IN FACT THEY ALL ARE " EMPLOYEES", TRUE ARTISTS LIKE GNR AREN'T. THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM THAT ONLY REAL DEAL ( IN ART AND SALE NUMBERS) KIND OF ARTISTS BRINGS TO THE TABLE.

IF YOU READ WHAT I JUST WROTE A SAID " BAND ", WASNT COMPARING WITH SOLO ARTISTS , BUT YOU CANT COMPARE GNR TO ADELE TILL GNR DECIDE TO DO THE SAME " OHH FUCK STOP IT ITS EVERY CHANEL, TV SHOW , E ENTERTAIMENT, ETC" KIND OF PROMOTION. ITS INSANE THE WAY PEOPLE LIKE PERRY, ADELE, GAGA OR WHATEVER PROMOTE THEMSELVES THIS DAYS. IF GUNS DO THAT KIND OF THING? WITH THE CUALITY, MUSIC, PASION, MAGNETISM, HISTORY THAT GNR HAVES? THERE WILL BE NO SPACE FOR THAT KIND OF NUMBERS.

BUT IVE GOT TO SAY, WHEN YOU SEE THAT PERHAPS NOVEMBER RAIN OFICIAL HAVE MORE VIEWS THAN MICHAEL JACKSON THRILLER?? WOW!!

THE THING IS U GUYS ARE ALWAYS TRYNG TO FIND NEGATIVE STUFF TU ARGUE ABOUT. BUT THATS BECAUSE THIS IS GUNS N ROSES, THATS THE KIND OF GREATNESS GNR HAVES.

PD: DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUNREAD ABOUT ADELE, GAGA, BIEVER, CYRUS, PERRY, ETC. MOST OF THAT ITS PURE PROMOTIONAL BS AND NOT REAL REAL NUMBERS. IN FACT THEY ALL ARE " EMPLOYEES", TRUE ARTISTS LIKE GNR AREN'T. THEY HAVE THE FREEDOM THAT ONLY REAL DEAL ( IN ART AND SALE NUMBERS) KIND OF ARTISTS BRINGS TO THE TABLE.

Please, stop screaming, it makes it impossible to read...

SEPTEM

giphy.gif

Sorry... I hate to have to do this but... One Direction.

I can't believe they keep popping up on this forum. :lol: