GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

I don't think the old partnership was terminated. Otherwise the guys would not have been signing off on each other's DVD projects and whatnot. There have been a number of legal issues that seem to indicate the old partnership didn't just disappear in the mid-90's when the band broke up.

Axl owns the rights to the name, but not the material created under the name between 87-97. So logos, song writing, or any of the copywrited material still falls under the original partnership and that's not going to change. I don't think that partnership can be terminated, you'd have to buy out Slash and Duff from their side.

The songwriting doesn't necessarily fall under the partnership. Izzy left the partnership in 1991 but he is a huge part of the songwriting.

This all depends on how the Original partnership was created. Perhaps when Izzy quit he also quit the partnership, still receives royalties off the material but doesn't have an legal say.

The partnership was not created until after Izzy left. It was signed in 1992 or 1993 depending on whether you believe Slash's or Duff's account.

I don't think the old partnership was terminated. Otherwise the guys would not have been signing off on each other's DVD projects and whatnot. There have been a number of legal issues that seem to indicate the old partnership didn't just disappear in the mid-90's when the band broke up.

Axl owns the rights to the name, but not the material created under the name between 87-97. So logos, song writing, or any of the copywrited material still falls under the original partnership and that's not going to change. I don't think that partnership can be terminated, you'd have to buy out Slash and Duff from their side.

The songwriting doesn't necessarily fall under the partnership. Izzy left the partnership in 1991 but he is a huge part of the songwriting.

This all depends on how the Original partnership was created. Perhaps when Izzy quit he also quit the partnership, still receives royalties off the material but doesn't have an legal say.

Ultimately it doesn't seem any of them had much of a say on the Greatest Hits. They sued because they didn't like the track listing or something and Geffen/Universal still released the thing probably exactly as originally planned.

The record company was owed an album... GN'R under whatever legal entity were contractually obligated.

The partnership was not created until after Izzy left. It was signed in 1992 or 1993 depending on whether you believe Slash's or Duff's account.

Makes more sense this way. Didn't they try/make Izzy sign off on some things when he came back in 1993?

Oh that's interesting. You would think after Adler got fired that this would have been the moment to draw up papers and say that it's the 4 of them who own it together. By that point of course it was the equivalent of a huge corporation. I guess once Izzy left it became more obvious they needed to do something. Typical GN'R though, flying by the seat of their pants for that long when they probably should have done something sooner.

Makes more sense this way. Didn't they try/make Izzy sign off on some things when he came back in 1993?

There were some political weirdness about Izzy's brief return; I do not know the specifics except that Izzy was owed some money .

Yeah I believe they used that money as leverage to get him involved as a temporary replacement for injured Gilby. Guess it worked out for all parties. Izzy got the money he was owed, the guys didn't have to bring in a stranger to play, and the fans got to see Izzy come back for a bit.

There were some political weirdness about Izzy's brief return; I do not know the specifics except that Izzy was owed some money .

No wonder Izzy is non committal to everything. What a mess of a band.

Though he did play that private wedding with Axl, so he's not entirely clean of any embarrassing moments.

Edited by cooker

From what I remember there was a disagreement between Izzy and them about how much money Izzy was owed. The issue was being negotiated. Once they called him and asked him to replace Gilby, Izzy said he would do it on condition that they will pay him all that he wants, which according to Axl was a million dollars (or more, I'm not sure now) and the big three were pissed at Izzy for that.

According to Axl they never owed him that and had to pay to continue the tour and according to Izzy they owed him and didn't want to pay. Whichever is the truth.

The p[artnership existed since the beginning and all five were partners. Then they made Steven sign the documents in which he resigned from being a partner and became an employee until his drug issues are resolved, then they were going to take him back in, which, as we know, never happened because eventually they fired him. Izzy left at his own decision after 1991 as he didn't want to be part of all the lawsuits against GNR. So he walked out probably upon financial gratification - possibly that was the million dollars that became the bone of contention then.

the band Adler is booked at the whiskey for April 1st , imo that would count him out for Coachella at least . still cant figure out why he isn't blabbing though .

Seems like Adler and Izzy are gonna be part of some of the rebranding tour - but probably not all of it. With the one stipulation that Adler keeps his mouth closed. They could lay it out pretty simple. One word to the press and you get zero participation. Keep your mouth closed and we will throw you several bones.

All speculation of course.

Can we have a strictly inside joke thread where we post the most insane fake rumors and see if we get an internet article?

I heard a rumor from Pizza Dish Nation that Steven Adler visited a fortune teller to see if he has a chance to play with GNR. The psychic told him not to talk about it. So yeah that explains why he isn't talking....

I also heard that Axl bought a Taco Bell franchise in Malibu. He has hired Beta, Fernando, DJ Ashba, and Dizzy.

Edited by DarkLotus1111
  • Like 1

Yeah I believe they used that money as leverage to get him involved as a temporary replacement for injured Gilby. Guess it worked out for all parties. Izzy got the money he was owed, the guys didn't have to bring in a stranger to play, and the fans got to see Izzy come back for a bit.

None of them were particularly complementary about each other following their little reunion. Axl spent the remainder of the tour dedicating Double Talkin' Jive to Izzy. Izzy said it was ''the same chaos'' as usual (according to Slash, Izzy was just checking the whole thing out again).

the band Adler is booked at the whiskey for April 1st , imo that would count him out for Coachella at least . still cant figure out why he isn't blabbing though .

How funny would it be if that's the show Axl Duff and Slash show up for as a warm up gig? Those $10 tickets to Adler's show at the whisky will turn into a gold mine.

Also what a great April Fools, I need to get tickets haha

Edited by IncitingChaos

How funny would it be if that's the show Axl Duff and Slash show up for as a warm up gig? Those $10 tickets to Adler's show at the whisky will turn into a gold mine.

Ha ha. Was just goiing to say perhaps it's a cover ruse for a warm up. There could be some lucky Adler fans that night!

Ha ha. Was just goiing to say perhaps it's a cover ruse for a warm up. There could be some lucky Adler fans that night!

that did cross my mind I must admit ....

that did cross my mind I must admit ....

Mine too.

But... what are the chances?

Right?

RIGHT?

They also will be playing the "M3 Rock Festival" on April 30

https://www.facebook.com/adlermusic/

12392028_1078186732215469_85222288088633

Damn.

Maybe Adler will play April 16th and sorum will play April 30th?

Coachella dates are 4/16 and 4/23, so I wouldn't think any of those Adler dates would conflict.

• Like 1

Thought there was a thead about the Nightrain membership but can't find it so for now I'll put this here:

2016 has started with a bang for Guns N' Roses, and with the new year comes a brand new Nightrain membership package.
Deluxe Nightrain Membership
Nightrain is the official Guns N' Roses Fan Club Community.
With your Deluxe Membership you get:
+ Access to Members Only Forums, Blogs, and Content (Coming Soon!)
+ Access to Monthly Members Only Perks*
+ Access to Concert Ticket Pre-Sales and VIP Packages**
+ Official 2016 Nightrain T-shirt
+ Official 2016 Nightrain Collectors Lapel Pin
+ Official 2016 Nightrain Laminate***

"and Content (Coming Soon!)" Does that mean what I think it means? Audio? Video? Some sort of music?!

• Like 2