Susan Mckagan: Izzy "never say never".

I think we've got the name of the album & tour down pat.

9ZsEy7g.jpg

Decent analogy actually, not even just from the play on words. A 53 year old Connery coming back to the role that made him a star after saying he never would. Sound familiar?

I only hope the fate of Guns N' Roses is better than this atrocious film. :lol:

9ZsEy7g.jpg

Decent analogy actually, not even just from the play on words. A 53 year old Connery coming back to the role that made him a star after saying he never would. Sound familiar?

That film is just fine when you think about Bridge School Axl embarrassing not only himself but Slash and Duff in front of the whole world.

If Izzy already joined the later version of GnR on stage every now and then, then I really can't imagine him not doing that with both Duff and Slash, his old pals, on board. If he isn't on board for the full ride then he probably just doesn't want that big of a commitment, which I can totally understand.

wonder how duff feels about her giving out this potential "info".

'turn around, bitch, I got a use for you'

Edited by EvanG

But if Izzy already played as guest with Axl and the NuGNR in 2012 (at Las Vegas Hard Rock) and he has also collaborated with Slash and Duff for the first VR´s album... So why he would refuse to participate this time??

Edited by aleyavu

But if Izzy already played as guest with Axl and the NuGNR in 2012 (at Las Vegas Hard Rock) and he has also collaborated with Slash and Duff for the first VR´s album... So why he would refuse to participate this time??

Participate, YES. Be there at every show.....probably not.

Izzy will show up at some point but not every night. I think that's a given

I am sure he will show up... Its too bad he can't show up for a whole tour.. If he does, I am sure there will be the senseless 3 guitar attack going on so Fortus isn't butt hurt. The chemistry between Slash and Izzy is unmatched. That would take this to an other level...

Nothing will matter if Axl's voice sounds as bad is it did from 2011 to 2014.

As will nothing will matter (the Nu Guns will be tolerated) if Axl sounds kick ass.

I am sure he will show up... Its too bad he can't show up for a whole tour.. If he does, I am sure there will be the senseless 3 guitar attack going on so Fortus isn't butt hurt. The chemistry between Slash and Izzy is unmatched. That would take this to an other level...

As will nothing will matter (the Nu Guns will be tolerated) if Axl sounds kick ass.

No doubt about it. We can only hope he will prepare for it and bring back the 2010 voice at least. Worst case scenario is that voice is gone forever no matter how much he tries.

No doubt about it. We can only hope he will prepare for it and bring back the 2010 voice at least. Worst case scenario is that voice is gone forever no matter how much he tries.

I saw a show in 2013 in France and he was almost perfect. Honestly i didnt notice any problem on vocals, maybe he didnt reach the very high notes but nothing serious. Probably he was better than the lastest UYI shows. The only thing was that he went out from stage every 20 minutes to take some oxygen (i think).

(sorry for my english)

I would like to see Izzy back with Axl more than any other former band member. Their friendship goes back to before the band, and hes the 2nd best song writer the bands ever had after Axl.

Plus him and Axl are two true founding members with Ole, Tracci, and Rob.

I would like to see Izzy back with Axl more than any other former band member. Their friendship goes back to before the band, and hes the 2nd best song writer the bands ever had after Axl.

Corrected.

• Like 4

Corrected.

I second the corrected post.

Corrected.

Without Izzy GNR have no musical direction.

• Like 1

Corrected.

Not really true. They always had different directions. But Izzy was a creative force in early GNR. It's the simplest solution.

It would be great to tap into that again. Axl, Slash and Duff can write songs. Fortus, Dizzy and Pitman can write too.

In both tour and album I think they will build on CD though. Adding Slash and Duff songs to an already lavish CD era set list seems awesome. Then adding new Slash/Duff to CD era material just bumps it up again. GNR is the direction.

Corrected.

Not really true. They always had different directions. But Izzy was a creative force in early GNR. It's the simplest solution.

It would be great to tap into that again. Axl, Slash and Duff can write songs. Fortus, Dizzy and Pitman can write too.

In both tour and album I think they will build on CD though. Adding Slash and Duff songs to an already lavish CD era set list seems awesome. Then adding new Slash/Duff to CD era material just bumps it up again. GNR is the direction.

Slash writes riffs, Axl does ballads..Shotgun Blues was his attempt at a rocker, Duff does punky stuff, but Izzy writes great chord changes to rock songs and he can do ballads.

wonder how duff feels about her giving out this potential "info".

I really don't think she'd do it without Duff knowing. She doesn't strike me as a Perla type, at all.

This article pretty much sums up why Izzy will never join again for any extended period of time.

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2014-06-04/opinion-why-izzy-stradlin-was-the-heart-of-guns-n-roses

One thing I didn't realize is that Izzy tried to get Axl to go to the Hall of Fame gig. Set up a meeting to talk about it, waited 2 hours for Axl, but the redhead didn't show up.

Whatever. Got nothing to do with this.

9ZsEy7g.jpg

That film is just fine when you think about Bridge School Axl embarrassing not only himself but Slash and Duff in front of the whole world.

I'd never heard about the Bridge School debacle - I just watched it on Youtube - a helpfully annotated video - and holy shit. I knew he sounded bad sometimes but Jesus Help Him that was incredibly painful to watch and I don't even like Axl. I hope Coachella's not like that. Cos if Izzy is there I don't want to be embarrassed on his behalf.

Fortus is a hell of a guitar player.

It's hard to understand, if that is the case (seems likely) how the hell wouldn't Izzy want to be a full part of this.

It is possible he doesn't want to without Adler.

I don't see why. As someone else pointed out - Izzy's never used Steven on his albums. Obviously he knows Steven's problems.

Corrected.

I third it.

It's frustrating Izzy and Steven can't/won't be full time with this band, but if Steven gets in on this a little bit, and Izzy does some shows, isn't that honestly better than the two of them being full-time members of the touring lineup? Because the two of them being full-time touring members just don't seem realistic

I'd take Izzy being a key element to writing new music with Axl, Slash, and Duff behind the scenes, while only doing some shows, over having Izzy be there for all the shows without new music. I know we're in the dark right now, but I'm sure Steven will get some playtime with everyone

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Well Allen Niven seemed really confident that Izzy was writing recently with the BOYS!

As cool as having Izzy on stage is..... writing is way better. So... fuck yeah!

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1