04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Axl sounds so much better when he's just sitting in one spot and not running around for 3 hours on stage. I've been saying for years that he needs to cut down on his stage antics and he'd instantly sound much better. Maybe breaking his foot is the best thing that could've happened for him lol.

That scream in Coma of "What the fuck is going on!!!! Goddammit!!" ???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strange Broue said:

Finally, Better got the MEMORABLE intro riff (from a solo section lol) what it deserved years ago.... i can tell you if the song came out with this intro and with Slash on it, it would be considered as a classic from Chinese

and Axl haven't tried to perform the song rightly since 2006,  he was on autopilot in the last 10 years but now... He seems interested again

God, this hybrid line up will save the GNR name, for sure

I'm officiialy have zero objections to CD songs with Slash... he fits in

I'm curious if they ever try TWAT on the actual live show, though. Seems like Axl (or Slash) wasn't ready just yet

Its HD now it had only just uploaded when i posted it

7 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

I was talking about Coma....

he never did Coma after 93

and i follow SMKC closely went to every show sine the start (3 shows) and his playing is improved each year... seems like sobriety can bring out the best out of him

Ah ok, sorry then :) But my statement is right anyway, people see Slash playing so good only now (I get the hype). But he played his ass off every night out of 500 he did with the Conspirators and he was ALWAYS great if it comes to playing GNR stuff.

Edited by Ralphelmo

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I'm not a huge fan of the Chinese album, but I think it's a great sign Slash is willing to play those songs. It means we are much more likely to see CD2 material finally released. Slash and Duff can help get it done and the record label will be more willing to release it now. 

He makes the Chinese stuff sound so much better though.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bumble's Bridge Pickup said:

In the TWAT soundcheck, it's a shame that we miss the coolest parts of the solo and that Axl doesn't go for the long scream but I guess it makes  sense to save his voice from that.

The solo's likely totally different since I don't believe either Slash or Fortus are proficient at killswitch or tapping

Curious how it'll sound though when it's played at a show, will always favor Bucket's either way :P

• Like 1

Very lucky to be a part of last night. It's funny hearing everybody's opinions. I am going to say that basically the first live show they did awesome. Did Axl labor on some notes and forget the second verse to Brownstone, sure. Did Slash fumble a bit on certain solos and cut a few notes short and improvise on the fly, yup. That my friend is the beauty of live music. You want perfection listen to the studio album where they get endless takes and can spend days on one song to get it right. Anyone who ever played live can tell you that mistakes will happen every night and I mean EVERY night no matter how good you are. Axl has his voice on point and it will get better, all these guys will be getting used to each other in no time but it takes time. Honestly my biggest mistake was the sound engineer. There was many times I found Slash to be buried when he would go into a solo or he sometimes would be too loud when he just should be in the mix. Maybe it was where I was sitting in section 6 but it definitely seemed like the sound guy was also going through some first show quirks. That or his guitar tech was dropping the ball on his boost pedal? Drums at time sounded flat then boomy, bass kicked ass, Richard seemed to go up and down with his volumes at times. All in all it was such a fun show and couldn't be happier with the night. Anyone else hoping that Izzy and Adler were gonna step in for Paradise? Man I sure was....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

The solo's likely totally different since I don't believe either Slash or Fortus are proficient at killswitch or tapping

Curious how it'll sound though when it's played at a show, will always favor Bucket's either way :P

at what minute do they play TWAT?