04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I'm sat here in the UK, reading this thread. Really excited for all of you who are going. And I'm contemplating sitting here still in a few hours' time just in case anyone's streaming or releasing footage.

I'm a sad case, I know. A hypocrite, too, considering I normally can't stand people holding up their phones at gigs. Whilst now I'm hoping that they do.

1 minute ago, Kittiara said:

I'm sat here in the UK, reading this thread. Really excited for all of you who are going. And I'm contemplating sitting here still in a few hours' time just in case anyone's streaming or releasing footage.

I'm a sad case, I know. A hypocrite, too, considering I normally can't stand people holding up their phones at gigs. Whilst now I'm hoping that they do.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/214622-possible-vegas-stream-links/

first ustream guy is streaming whole show

• Like 1

Just now, Kittiara said:

Haha same here. I was going to try to sleep a few hours but then the pro-shot videos came out... and now I'm just too stoked to sleep! Thankfully I'm working a night shift tomorrow anyway :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pugachev said:

I'm hoping for the more obscure UYI stuff. I always loved Breakdown, Dont Damn Me, Dead Horse, The Garden, etc. Would be nice to hear those again.

Seriously this. Is anyone else hoping for a lil acoustic set? Would love to see them do You Ain't The First.

11 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

Thanks for the heads up.Just got back from Target.

image.png

I have the exact same shirt! It's a toss-up between wearing this, an older vintage style whiskey label shirt I got in England, my "Axl's Shoe" shirt, or the MyGNRForum staff shirt that Downzy kindly made for us, to the gig I'm going to in July. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syk said:

Seriously this. Is anyone else hoping for a lil acoustic set? Would love to see them do You Ain't The First.

yes!

One of my all time favorite performances for me was the Argentina 93 performance of KOHD, absolutely God-like performance.

Edited by pugachev
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

Haha same here. I was going to try to sleep a few hours but then the pro-shot videos came out... and now I'm just too stoked to sleep! Thankfully I'm working a night shift tomorrow anyway :lol:

:lol: I'm glad I'm not alone!

I actually have loads of stuff today tomorrow (well, later today). But stuff it. People will just have to understand that this is a big thing in the life of a GN'R fan.

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

How would you people feel if they opened with Jungle....then played 12 brand new songs. Then finished out the set with the classics. 

As a hardcore GNR fan who has been dying for new Guns tunes, I'd love it.  But I'd feel for 95 percent of the crowd attending who just want to hear the hits and a few deep cuts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

hopefully they will be here in the uk soon. maybe autumn 

• Like 2

:lol: I'm glad I'm not alone!

I actually have loads of stuff today tomorrow (well, later today). But stuff it. People will just have to understand that this is a big thing in the life of a GN'R fan.

Haha exactly, this is too good to miss! :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, downzy said:

As a hardcore GNR fan who has been dying for new Guns tunes, I'd love it.  But I'd feel for 95 percent of the crowd attending who just want to hear the hits and a few deep cuts.

You really think that 95% of the people don't care about new music?

Not saying you are wrong. When I was younger and went to concerts all the time, my friends and I always loved hearing new music. 

Are fans now at the stage where they don't care about bands playing new stuff?

If 95% of people paying 100 to 400  bucks to see a band don't care about new music then the album era is certainly over. 

I hope so! I'm especially hoping for a show somewhere here in the north. Which is probably wishful thinking...

how far north ? i should imagine newcastle, manchester or glasgow will be included 

Just now, Apollo said:

Not saying you are wrong. When I was younger and went to concerts all the time, my friends and I always loved hearing new music. 

If 95% of people paying 100 to 400  bucks to see a band don't care about new music then the album era is certainly over. 

I think you can get away with one or two new songs, but 12 new songs is a bit much. 

I was at the 2002 Detroit show where they played five (or maybe it was four) Chinese Democracy songs back to back.  By the time they got to the last new song almost everyone was sitting down.  The energy had been completely zapped from the show.  

I would assume that most people paid $100-$400 to be in attendance to see Axl, Slash, and Duff on the stage together.  Anything else is just gravy.

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

I'd be very excited to hear new stuff. Perhaps not 12 in a row, though, but a mixture throughout of songs everyone can sing along to, and new material they can get excited about.

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

general audiences want to hear the classics, take as an example the last metallica on request tour, the fans had to vote the setlist...and guess what they played? the same old songs they've been playing for 20 years...

• Like 1