WTTJ TACO BELL COMMERCIAL AT SUPER BOWL

I have thought since the tweet about Taco Bell that Taco Bell maybe the sponsor for the tour, but it just maybe for the commercial.

I also thought the tweet would get people here in an uproar, which it did, saying basically  "Axl is going to be fat or is off his diet because he is eating Taco Bell"

So Axl gave us a very vague hint at something happening behind the scenes and also taking a jab at the forums and  getting them in a slight uproar at the sametime.

But the tweet was so random that if he tweets something similar we will not know what to make of it and if it does happen I hope he keeps taking jabs at the online forums, just shows he does know what goes on here and other forums!

im laughing at ppl talking about integrity...are yall serious or trolling?

its literally just the instrumental to the song in a commercial

its not like the band got out there and did a dance number for them with clown paint on face...jeez

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

Strange ad. I'm sure they just paid a decent amount for the song and there is nothing more to it.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity though, being a high profile Superbowl spot, surely it would have made sense if the last "bigger than..." moment was a reference to GnR. Coke did it with Marvel, taking the Hulk and Ant Man out of their usual worlds and tying both products in together. Batman vs Superman did it with Turkish Airlines (which was a pretty tacky in execution i thought).

Would have been a beneficial way to promote both the upcoming GnR reunion and Taco Bell. I'm sure there is a sizable crossover with some of the Superbowl audience and GnR/Classic Rock music.

Nothing will be worse than the Axl/Budweiser ad from the World Cup. Shocking.

On February 8, 2016 at 0:00 PM, prettytiedup88 said:

Strange ad. I'm sure they just paid a decent amount for the song and there is nothing more to it.

Seems like a huge missed opportunity though, being a high profile Superbowl spot, surely it would have made sense if the last "bigger than..." moment was a reference to GnR. Coke did it with Marvel, taking the Hulk and Ant Man out of their usual worlds and tying both products in together. Batman vs Superman did it with Turkish Airlines (which was a pretty tacky in execution i thought).

Would have been a beneficial way to promote both the upcoming GnR reunion and Taco Bell. I'm sure there is a sizable crossover with some of the Superbowl audience and GnR/Classic Rock music.

Nothing will be worse than the Axl/Budweiser ad from the World Cup. Shocking.

No, the World Cup ad was cool being that axl was at least in the ad. This was a chance to melt the Internet down and promote the reunion tour but nothing really came from it other than the reminder that welcome to the jungle is an amazing song.

I don't really care one way or the other about the commercial. I didn't care when Slash was in a VW one, I didn't care when Slash was playing Guitar Hero with Bill Gates and I didn't care when Axl was awkardly in a Bud commercial. The only thing I've never liked is when Slash collaborated with artists I don't like such as Fergie. That's strictly a selfish attitude on my part though as I didn't like the person who was recording or appearing with. I'm sure plenty of people don't like things he did with MJ but it's the opposite for me because I'm a big MJ fan.

3 hours ago, Lio said:

Shut up. You're in Italy. You have the best pizza. Who the hell needs tacos?

:)

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

And I thought Italians had superior culinary taste (to the rest of the world)!

:D not me

Edited by Italian girl