Pitman out of the reunion?

Izzy, Slash and Duff all walked. They weren't fired. Duff actually made a point of taking Axl to dinner and formally quitting. And that's been the case with almost everyone in NuGnR too; they have almost all resigned. IIRC, aside from Pitman, the only ones who have ever actually been fired or had their employment "end" have been Matt Sorum, Adler and Gilby Clarke.

Totally agree with the rest of the above comment, though. There's an interesting contrast between Pitman and the other NuGnRs who have commented on the reunion. The others seem genuinely happy to see Slash and Duff back together with Axl.

On 2016. 02. 26. at 0:01 AM, Johnny Drama said:

Unless I'm missing something here?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upcoming_tours/gnr_member_chris_pitman_blasts_reunion_tour_a_money_grab_fuck_you.html

Guns N' Roses multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman blasted the band's latest classic-lineup "semi-reunion," calling it "a money grab."

In a subsequently-deleted post, Chris said: "This is a nostalgia tour. Please don't mention those who are there the last 20 fucking years ... oh god no!! ... (a money grab) FU."

Pitman already took a jab at the band's management last month for forcing him to deny that the reunion is happening.

Although Chris is not associated with the band's strongest, classic years, he did spend 20 years in GN'R, which is longer than Slash or Duff ever did.

Whether or not this outburst means that Pitman is no longer in the band yet remains to be seen.

Seems like they don't understand that Chris "quoted" the forumers opinion

I think he is out, when TB put a leash on him for promoting the upcomign shows....

Yeah, maybe he isn't out at all. I know it's often said that GNR shouldn't have to debunk every rumour, and in some cases that is valid imo. But didn't Pitman fans post on his FB asking if he was still in the band? Hoping that he still was? Why can't he just answer them then? Why not just say: 'Of course I'm still in the band'?

Fine, say 'fuck the haters', but if he's still in the band and doesn't even want to confirm that to his fans, that's just beyond ridiculous.

And if indeed he is under some kind of gag order (Jesus!), he should just keep off social media until April.

2 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I think maybe his posts are being misinterpreted and this doofus hasn't actually gone anywhere.

Being as disliked and unwanted from the fan base, you would think he would have enough class to resign anyway.. But the more I hear about him. He just might not have any class.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I think maybe his posts are being misinterpreted and this doofus hasn't actually gone anywhere.

most likely this is what's going on. i don't really care if he's involved or not- but my guess is he will be at these upcoming shows.

8 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

Seeing as that I paid no attention to the Axl Rose band for the last 20 years, I still don't know who Chris Pitman is. What I do know is that I don't want him anywhere near a GNR reunion.

But is it a reunion, though? Sure, it is a reunion between Axl and Slash, but since that is the extent of the reunion, does it matter who else plays?

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Being as disliked and unwanted from the fan base, you would think he would have enough class to resign anyway.. But the more I hear about him. He just might not have any class.

Is he really that disliked by the fan base? Among some vocals members here, yes, and probably on other fan forums, but the fan base consist of mostly more casual fans of whom quite many don't really care further than Axl and Slash. I think it is a bit petty to attack Chris for just being in the band. He is not doing anything wrong -- he is not doing much of anything! -- unless you find any elements not featured in the band back in the 80s or 90s objectionable.

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is he really that disliked by the fan base? Among some vocals members here, yes, and probably on other fan forums, but the fan base consist of mostly more casual fans of whom quite many don't really care further than Axl and Slash. I think it is a bit petty to attack Chris for just being in the band. He is not doing anything wrong -- he is not doing much of anything! -- unless you find any elements not featured in the band back in the 80s or 90s objectionable.

And he does detract from songs.. No one needs fucking synth in Rocket Queen.. I also don't get why people think that these kind of opinions only exist on fan forums.. Guns N' Roses were fucking huge and had millions of fans. A lot of those fans that thought Gn'R were a joke the last two decades are back. I know a lot of people that think having a second keyboard player in Gn'R is dumb..

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

And he does detract from songs.. No one needs fucking synth in Rocket Queen.. I also don't get why people think that these kind of opinions only exist on fan forums.. Guns N' Roses were fucking huge and had millions of fans. A lot of those fans that thought Gn'R were a joke the last two decades are back. I know a lot of people that think having a second keyboard player in Gn'R is dumb..

You just described me to a T

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

I agree he should only add sounds needed to recreate the studio versions. "Embellishing" songs from AFD is sacrilege to me, too. I just don't see a reason for all the animosity towards him as a person.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I agree he should only add sounds needed to recreate the studio versions. "Embellishing" songs from AFD is sacrilege to me, too. I just don't see a reason for all the animosity towards him as a person.

It's nothing personal, it's just he is about as likeable as herpes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I honestly knew nothing about him as a person until recently and that is only from stories I have read on here. They don't paint a pretty picture. He could be the nicest guy in the world though and I don't want to see him onstage with Guns N' Roses.  

Just now, T-Minus said:

It's nothing personal, it's just he is about as likeable as herpes.

I happen to be completely indifferent to him. He serves a role in CD songs and he's got song writing credits, too, so I suppose there are good reasons to have him there. Much better than horn orchestra, backup singers and Zigzag, at least.

Although, preferably, I would like GN'R to be a 5-piece outfit without any piano-based songs and all songs, as far as possible, rearranged for only guitar, drums and bass. That's just me own personal preferences, though, and I won't sling insults towards other band members because of thinking GN'R shoudl be something else than it is.

If the social media posts are accurate as we're interpreting here, he is behaving like a jackass, but other than that, I've been completely indifferent to him too. I'm sure there's value to what he does or did, or Axl wouldn't have kept him around for so long. Having said that, I would wager that most fans, even if they liked NuGNR, really couldn't care less if he's there or not. Frankly in the three times I saw NuGNR I never really even paid any attention to the fact that he was onstage, other than being distracted by the bendy keyboard once or twice.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

Hah :D 

Haha that was brilliant. The guy is a total douche, especially in that interview he gave where he had his arm round the girl interviewing him and he came across as the biggest gimp ever. Thought he was rock n roll and was about as bad ass as mr bean.

• Like 2