Pitman out of the reunion?

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Being as disliked and unwanted from the fan base, you would think he would have enough class to resign anyway.. But the more I hear about him. He just might not have any class.

Why on earth would he resign? He makes massive amounts of money to do nothing but kiss Axl's ass and be a good little lapdog. 

Pittsman would make $3 a year from his own music, otherwise. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, niceguy said:

Why on earth would he resign? He makes massive amounts of money to do nothing but kiss Axl's ass and be a good little lapdog. 

Pittsman would make $3 a year from his own music, otherwise. 

and even less if his mother didn't take pity on him and his god awful shit he calls music.

9 hours ago, FoxySCFC said:

Haha that was brilliant. The guy is a total douche, especially in that interview he gave where he had his arm round the girl interviewing him and he came across as the biggest gimp ever. Thought he was rock n roll and was about as bad ass as mr bean.

"why doesn't music sell? Because of a little thing called the Internet" :lol:

Internet is something that will not disappear in this life time and is constantly developing, so the music industry have to learn how to adapt and live with it. Constant complains about shared music will not help them a lot. They really don't have any other choice.

13 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

But is it a reunion, though? Sure, it is a reunion between Axl and Slash, but since that is the extent of the reunion, does it matter who else plays?

to old folks like myself who were around in the beginning it does

just can't support this 'reunion' if it doesn't feature the original 5

2 hours ago, paranoyd androyd said:

to old folks like myself who were around in the beginning it does

just can't support this 'reunion' if it doesn't feature the original 5

Yeah, exactly, as long as it is just Duff and Slash returning to GN'R, this is a reunion only between these guys. IF Izzy and Steven was coming back, too, then it would be a major distraction to have Chris playing tambourine in the background. It would ruin a pure reunion. But as it is, with a hybrid lineup, I see no problem having Chris there, especially if they intend to play CD songs.

2 hours ago, T-Minus said:

He is/was the most useless "GnR" member of all time.  

I guess that depends on your stance on ITW or Madagascar. I dig both of those tunes, so I'm at least grateful for those contributions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bards said:

Someone needs to get Frank and Richard drunk and encourage them to slam the tour on twitter.

lol they have roles people seem to respect at least. Izzy can apparently do whatever he wants and since fortus is good and looks like Izzy he can get away with murder. Frank just gets shit on because some people just are hell bent on nostalgia combined with the fact that he joined GNR when things were ran solely by axl. I can get people seeing pitman wave a towel and smile like a jackass during patience and have a problem with that

Edited by Billsfan

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I guess that depends on your stance on ITW or Madagascar. I dig both of those tunes, so I'm at least grateful for those contributions.

Well this one maybe is a matter of personal opinion. For me ITW is one of the songs that I hate the most from CD. I dig Madagascar but when it comes to the sound of that song in my view Marco Beltrami deserves a lot more credit than Pitman

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Padme said:

Well this one maybe is a matter of personal opinion. For me ITW is one of the songs that I hate the most from CD. I dig Madagascar but when it comes to the sound of that song in my view Marco Beltrami deserves a lot more credit than Pitman

I hear ya on ITW. I happen to like it but I can see how anyone else might hate it. 

That's a great point about Madagascar as well. I was only throwing it out there because I always hear Pitmans name closely associated with it. 

14 hours ago, RussTCB said:

What do we know that Pitman did on those songs? On Madagascar, the only quote I remember was that he kept switching synth instruments while Axl was playing the chord progression until he landed on the French horn that Axl liked.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bards said:

What do we know that Pitman did on those songs? On Madagascar, the only quote I remember was that he kept switching synth instruments while Axl was playing the chord progression until he landed on the French horn that Axl liked.

I don't have the CD booklet handy, but I always thought he was credited on those. I know people commonly associate him with them so that's why I used it as an example. 

So is he out? I haven't been on much in the last few days so I don't know if this is a speculation thing like the Izzy twitter thread for a while or this is basically confirmed at this point. Last I followed this saga he had just badmouthed GNR but that that might have been a fake account so it didn't actually mean anything.

I don't actually care one way or the other. He provides nothing in my view. But up until now I thought he was a given to be in and this thread still exists so...

32 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Did Pitman not write the fanfare on Madagascar? I always thought he did

If not, fuck him. That was his saving grace for me

Axl came up with the chrd progression, Chris fiddled with some knobs:

Chris: I was up at [Axl's] house for about a week or two, and I was setting up rack mounted samplers, and you had your fake orchestra with synthesizers. One would be the strings, one would be the brass, and I was setting that up for him, and I was going "now this module here, we’re going to us this for brass instruments and here you have horns…", and he was playing while I was switching the sounds, and I switched the sounds to French horn sound and he was playing this chord progression and I went to another sound, and he goes "oh no, go back to that one". We went back and it was the French horn sound and he kept playing this progression and it sounded really cool and I turned around and turned on the tape machine and that ended up being the very intro for the song 'Madagascar'. And that’s just how that evolved and he just had this chord progression and all of the sudden it married with the French horn and it was their super-moody song and that was the start of that song. We actually recorded it really quickly up there at his house and he just sang unbelievably on it [Chris Pitman, Talking Metal, November 2008]

18 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Frank just gets shit on because some people just are hell bent on nostalgia combined with the fact that he joined GNR when things were ran solely by axl. 

And the fact that he fucks up songs like Rocket Queen, Brownstone and You Could Be Mine.  I heard someone say he fucks up Estranged too.

29 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

And the fact that he fucks up songs like Rocket Queen, Brownstone and You Could Be Mine.  I heard someone say he fucks up Estranged too.

he doesn't 'fuck them up', he makes slight alterations, stop being such a hater.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

See I've noticed that with the appetite stuff but not so much the others. That's why if it were up to me we'd have Adler play the appetite stuff then have Frank handle the rest