Izzy Out.....

4 hours ago, Ant said:

Izzy brought the loose, stonesy rhythm.... it's such a distinct part about what made them cool in the era of 80's glam metal. And his voice rocks!

And honestly, they'd do well to lean on that aspect of their music now that they're older.  The pounding heavy metal UYI vibe isn't as interesting... isn't as unique... and ultimately is less effective without youthful energy and swagger. 

Meanwhile grooving out is harder to do and watching something like Shine a Light... you can sustain that shit a lot longer and remain a credible artistic force. 

We should take out a NYT ad...

We could save our money for a more worthy cause and instead start an online petition to have Izzy join the GNR tour in April. Once we get a bunch of signatures we send it off to GNR management and Izzy now that he has an online presence. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

In a way, I can't see at all where Izzy is coming from. He told them to fuck off 25 years ago because it was getting too big & crazy. Then he has just done his own thing. All that's cool n all. But now the "3" want to put it back together and make a run at being the biggest again, Izzy is suddenly pissed off? 

Without knowing the whole story (interview Loudwire/ Izzy???), I feel like Izzy is out of line. Unless they don't even want him guesting, which I'm sure isn't the case. Seems he wants his cake n eat it too...

Same reason he is saying fuck off now?

Izzy Rules, Slash n Axl, not so much...

Have a great night.

1043k4.jpg

15 hours ago, ksks12 said:

Give me a break. Do you really know what gnr was/is all about? After izzy left how many albums have they managed to release? Nothing against Duff, on contrary, but this whole Big Three thing is just pathetic. Izzy was THE MAIN songwriter. Period. So if he speaks to the fans(wich iam sure you know he rarely did) than he must have a valid reason to do so.

And he still gets royalty checks, which are not small. In a way it is beneficial for him that this reunion will happen. More media play, more money for him. But as you have probably guessed by now, he's the one who cares about the money the least.

Izzy has got the respect that he deserves and with every right so.

As far as songs he put on Twitter go. IMHO it's definitely a message to Axl or al of the so called Big three. 

I hope somebody will put a big WHERE'IZZY sign during one of the concerts.

ALL OF THIS. When Izzy left it was over. In Duff's book he talks about how, after Izzy was gone, Duff wished he'd gone with him. He might be thinking that in the coming month.

Look, after all these years, Izzy can smell the crazy from a long way off. What if he was in talks about all this, but started smelling crazy and got out while he still could? I know we've always said Duff and Slash wouldn't let Team Brazil dictate terms to them, yada yada, but what do you wanna bet that's what's happening? This thing's being done on Axl's terms, Axl's way. Duff and Slash get the money, but they don't make the decisions. This is just my guess, but it makes a lot of sense.

And Izzy would hate that. And if it's true that Axl's not rehearsing with the others, that's just one more sign that this could turn into a shitshow. 

Love the Stuck in the Middle with You vid. GotDAMN he looks good. Healthy, happy, hot. 

I have a very hard time believing that if izzy wanted to be involved he couldn't be.... Axl clearly has no prob with him being on stage... Duff and him are tight... can't imagine slash having an issue.

Only thing I could see being thorny would be Axl wanting a touring crew and Izzy not wanting to tour, or not wanting to play Chinese stuff... or just not committed to Axl's liking

but being left out completely can't imagine why??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KinseyHolley said:

ALL OF THIS. When Izzy left it was over. In Duff's book he talks about how, after Izzy was gone, Duff wished he'd gone with him. He might be thinking that in the coming month.

Look, after all these years, Izzy can smell the crazy from a long way off. What if he was in talks about all this, but started smelling crazy and got out while he still could? I know we've always said Duff and Slash wouldn't let Team Brazil dictate terms to them, yada yada, but what do you wanna bet that's what's happening? This thing's being done on Axl's terms, Axl's way. Duff and Slash get the money, but they don't make the decisions. This is just my guess, but it makes a lot of sense.

And Izzy would hate that. And if it's true that Axl's not rehearsing with the others, that's just one more sign that this could turn into a shitshow. 

Love the Stuck in the Middle with You vid. GotDAMN he looks good. Healthy, happy, hot. 

Couple things...if Izzy just backed out himself I doubt he'd be sending cryptic messages via Twitter, which he is clearly doing.  So he wants in.

Second on the issue of Axl not rehearsing with the band.  We don't know that to be true or not.  More importantly it isn't uncommon for a front man to not rehearse with a band until closer to go time.   So I doubt he is "skipping rehearsals" as compared to not yet rehearsing with the band.

Everything is purely speculative at this point.

2 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

And the mystique

without Izzy, no gnr? Maybe not, but, it is not the same without him...

4 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

We could save our money for a more worthy cause and instead start an online petition to have Izzy join the GNR tour in April. Once we get a bunch of signatures we send it off to GNR management and Izzy now that he has an online presence. 

great idea

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Couple things...if Izzy just backed out himself I doubt he'd be sending cryptic messages via Twitter, which he is clearly doing.  So he wants in.

Second on the issue of Axl not rehearsing with the band.  We don't know that to be true or not.  More importantly it isn't uncommon for a front man to not rehearse with a band until closer to go time.   So I doubt he is "skipping rehearsals" as compared to not yet rehearsing with the band.

Everything is purely speculative at this point.

But of course. As always Axl is the  cool one.

Edited by ksks12

3 hours ago, KinseyHolley said:

Did the same thing with Patience, didn't he? Tacked on that last verse? 

It was a basic song structure, chords and lyrics that Izzy brought in, although some statements from band members suggest Axl had a lot to do with the lyrics. Duff added the coda part ("a little patence, yeah"), Axl added lyrics to the coda. Slash added his beautiful guitar and solos. A typical GN'R band song but most credits should go to Izzy.

6 hours ago, KinseyHolley said:

Did the same thing with Patience, didn't he? Tacked on that last verse? 

I may be way wrong right now but I've always thought that Patience was about Everlyn and Axl after a fight?
But then again that might just be something my brain put together ;)

41 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I may be way wrong right now but I've always thought that Patience was about Everlyn and Axl after a fight?

Patience is Izzy.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Axl: Izzy basically wrote most of the words except for the ending part, and then Slash and Duff got in on it, rearranging and rewriting parts of it, music parts, guitar parts

Slash: Izzy and Axl had such great chemistry because Axl knew how to transform one of Izzy's simple structures into a perfect, well-rounded, melodically and lyrically rich song. A great example is 'Patience': Axl really elevated that song of Izzy's into something else entirely.

Duff: Axl had come up with a great idea for 'Patience,' seemingly out of nowhere, that had immediately become the story and melody of that song. The whistle part at the beginning was another ballsy and unusual move by Axl; the song just wouldn't be the same without it.

Izzy originally wrote the song, Axl apparently made some changes to the lyrics (and added the lyrics to the coda) while Slash and Duff made changes to the overall song (including adding the coda at the end).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Axl: Izzy basically wrote most of the words except for the ending part, and then Slash and Duff got in on it, rearranging and rewriting parts of it, music parts, guitar parts

Slash: Izzy and Axl had such great chemistry because Axl knew how to transform one of Izzy's simple structures into a perfect, well-rounded, melodically and lyrically rich song. A great example is 'Patience': Axl really elevated that song of Izzy's into something else entirely.

Duff: Axl had come up with a great idea for 'Patience,' seemingly out of nowhere, that had immediately become the story and melody of that song. The whistle part at the beginning was another ballsy and unusual move by Axl; the song just wouldn't be the same without it.

Izzy originally wrote the song, Axl apparently made some changes to the lyrics (and added the lyrics to the coda) while Slash and Duff made changes to the overall song (including adding the coda at the end).

Okay then it was just my mind making that up ;)

4 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

Axl and Slash are the cock and balls of GNR.

hmm, ok but what did this cock and balls achieve after Izzy left ? Thanks for your answer

Edited by ksks12

2 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

hmm, ok but what did this cock and balls achieve after Izzy left ? Thanks for your answer

it is actually a very stupid argument. They made an amazing tour and didn't put out a new album because they had a conflict with each other and split. It had nothing to do with Izzy. If they stayed together and made a horrible record you could use this argument. But things being as they are, it is just completely senseless and proves nothing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I think we're all overlooking one critical element from these latest Izzy tweets/videos... He has a nice house.

I read recently he bought that house for 1,2 million dollars, something like that.

4 hours ago, Asia said:

it is actually a very stupid argument. They made an amazing tour and didn't put out a new album because they had a conflict with each other and split. It had nothing to do with Izzy. If they stayed together and made a horrible record you could use this argument. But things being as they are, it is just completely senseless and proves nothing.

WTF was ~ THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?

1045d5.jpg

Edited by pacu44