Izzy Out.....

On 3.3.2016 at 6:50 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I just can't picture Slash and Duff not realizing how vital Izzy is to this thing....

They went on tour 2 years without him and did just fine. They announced 6 shows and all of them are sold out. So really, he is not vital to do this "reunion" tour. But obviously, it would be so much better, would he be there in some way.

On 5 March 2016 at 1:15 PM, circusboy666 said:

"At this time", "not writing recently"...all sounds to me like things are in the works and it's izzy's way of saying to TB you can't own me and tell me what to say. He will show up to as many or as little shows as he pleases. That's what I've thought from the very beginning. I didn't think for a second he would do more than a few songs at a handful of shows. He will do as he pleases and I think axl is 100% fine with it.

Yes, yes this, Izzy's next song will be a cover of Lesley Gore. 'You don't own me'.  Just remember I called it first, can't wait!

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

i'm going to lay into this one hard 

AXL - izzy is your childhood friend for pete sakes 

SLASH- adler is your childhood friend for pete sakes 

DUFF - you were no ones' childhood's friend but seemingly have made this semi reunion happen, go the extra mile and don't just do this thing half assed, in all  honesty axl always said reunion dead before he does it and now he is so stubborn to go back on it - just know that the fans know...

again...the fans know --- you may think you know --- but the fans know 

izzys voice mail screams of hey guys remember me? the guy that first came to LA before all of you and had a major hand in most of the fundamental hits of the band? yeah thats me? i may be flaky, but i'll show up..don't worry ... no issues just be fair 

How close are Steven and Izzy these days? I think they're still friends right? Just hypothesizing but I wondered if Izzy is saying that he won't take part unless Steven is there... and it's fairly obvious the reasons why Axl (I think more than Duff or Slash) aren't convinced that Adler can pull it off and will end up letting down the whole gig. He's clean now but only relatively recently and maybe they think it's too much of a risk. What Axl probably doesn't get is that 90% of the fans wouldn't mind if he was slightly beyond best (err... look at Axl) but they'd still prefer him there (and btw I saw Adler play recently and he was TOTALLY ON POINT). When I was growing up and a massive GnR fan back in the day I naively assumed GnR was all about Axl (and a bit of Slash). It's only as I've grown up I realised how much of that band was influenced by Izzy (and actually, every single one of my favourite songs bar one is written by him!). Still crazy excited to have Slash, Axl and Duff share a stage again, but creatively it's hard to take seriously without Izzy (and Adler).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gilla999 said:

How close are Steven and Izzy these days? I think they're still friends right? Just hypothesizing but I wondered if Izzy is saying that he won't take part unless Steven is there... and it's fairly obvious the reasons why Axl (I think more than Duff or Slash) aren't convinced that Adler can pull it off and will end up letting down the whole gig. He's clean now but only relatively recently and maybe they think it's too much of a risk. What Axl probably doesn't get is that 90% of the fans wouldn't mind if he was slightly beyond best (err... look at Axl) but they'd still prefer him there (and btw I saw Adler play recently and he was TOTALLY ON POINT). When I was growing up and a massive GnR fan back in the day I naively assumed GnR was all about Axl (and a bit of Slash). It's only as I've grown up I realised how much of that band was influenced by Izzy (and actually, every single one of my favourite songs bar one is written by him!). Still crazy excited to have Slash, Axl and Duff share a stage again, but creatively it's hard to take seriously without Izzy (and Adler).

Maybe the "with you" in his video cover of "stuck in the middle with you" is Steven?  And we can all guess who the "clowns" and "jokers" are...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Maybe the "with you" in his video cover of "stuck in the middle with you" is Steven?  And we can all guess who the "clowns" and "jokers" are...

Thought the same thing myself. Everything I've read over the last few years has said Izzy is keen to get GNR going again but ONLY if it's all 5

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

If he doesn't then he should check his ego at the door and stop negotiating for it. 

So you think it's the other way round. But actually my point is he doesn't need the money as much as Slash, Duff, Axl. Slash divorce, Duff family, Axl taco launchers cost n arm and a leg these days.

But getting narky and then hopping on your moped to burn across the desert is pretty low maintenance. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

So you think it's the other way round. But actually my point is he doesn't need the money as much as Slash, Duff, Axl. Slash divorce, Duff family, Axl taco launchers cost n arm and a leg these days.

But getting narky and then hopping on your moped to burn across the desert is pretty low maintenance. 

I understand that completely. I'm just saying if his issue is not making as much as slash duff or axl because those guys need the money more, then Izzy doesn't have a leg to stand on other than ego

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I understand that completely. I'm just saying if his issue is not making as much as slash duff or axl because those guys need the money more, then Izzy doesn't have a leg to stand on other than ego

No he just doesn't need to do it, so he can turn it down if it's not enough. 

If he really needed the money he'd do it for whatever they were offering. 

He has zero leverage because the shows are sold out based on SAD. So I don't see how he has them over a barrel. But he may have looked at and just thought this isn't worth it. 

If Axl gets 50% and Slash and Duff 25% what do Frank, Fortus, Dizzy get? Free kicks in the nuts for life?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wasted said:

No he just doesn't need to do it, so he can turn it down if it's not enough. 

If he really needed the money he'd do it for whatever they were offering. 

He has zero leverage because the shows are sold out based on SAD. So I don't see how he has them over a barrel. But he may have looked at and just thought this isn't worth it. 

If Axl gets 50% and Slash and Duff 25% what do Frank, Fortus, Dizzy get? Free kicks in the nuts for life?

Then if he doesn't need the money why not do it for nostalgia? Jam with the buddies one last time? We don't know what the numbers would be, and I just say that cuz I would assume duff and slash would make closer to what axl gets. Although Frank and fortus will continue to probably get kicked in the nuts for "being in the way" of the other guys coming back. 

So although maybe he doesn't have leverage to come back full time, I can't imagine him being denied because they have to have fortus and they couldn't just work out select shows with select parts of the set 

The argument works both ways though @Billsfan :shrugs:Why don't all 5 Appetite guys just "do it for fun/nostalgia/the fans" etc and split the money evenly? It's unfair that fans are saying Izzy needs to check his ego and just do it for fun when we don't even know if he's been invited to play, and if he has been invited then he deserves to be treated with the respect he has earned.

• Like 3