What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?

What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, Asia said:

Reunion, of course. Why would I be excited about Axl joining some pretty used-up metal band that I've never really been a huge fan of, possibly at the expense of the fist real GNR tour in 20 plus years and at the time when all people care about is reunion? I don't like this idea at all and I think that contrary to what everyone else seems to think, it can have dreadful consequences for Axl and GNR. If he really rebuilt his self-confidence then that's great and he should use it to rebuild his image with GNR. With AC/DC the possibility of achieving the exact opposite is far to great.

I don't think Angus Young is going to be forgiving or understanding in relation to possible Axl's antics, I don't think Axl is willing to cave in under the absolute power of a guitarist (he's always had a problem with that, remember?) and thus I expect some major rift very soon. If anythong goes wrong, I don't think the AC/DC guys will stay quiet about in the press. Plus AC/DC fans hate the idea and quite possibly will booo Axl off stage (or will try to at least) cause they paid for the real AC/DC.  Altogether I sense a spectacular catastrophy that will make Axl furious for at least half a year, will give him horrible press undermining the sales on his own tour, will ruin his new-found self-confidence and make him dream od hiding in the mention for another 5 years.

Well, I just really hope that I'm wrong.

Relax its just 10 shows if that and then ACDC might find different guest singers.

That isn't enough time for Axl and Angus to build up any animosity. 

My my guess it's Axl's string of ACDC shows will end and they will be very grateful to Axl for helping them out and Axl will be very grateful and honored to have had the opportunity to front one of his favorite bands.

im more concerned about what the fans outside of this forum feel. And right now it isn't pretty. I'd say 90% of the comments I've read have been negative but people just love ripping Axl. They will even if Axl puts on an amazing show. 

Its ya a shame but that's the level of Laughing stock Axl allowed to build up over the years 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same old songs my ass.. Fact is that Axl, Slash, Duff and hopefully more haven't played the songs together in almost 25 years.. That is 100% fucking riveting! I could care less what NuGuns and it's rotating cast of characters have been playing for the last 15 years.. I hardly paid attention.. I can certainly say that the music will be 10 times greater than that mess. To each is own.. You might fail to see what is exciting about it and I feel sorry for you.. But there sure are a lot more people that do see it. \m/ #GnFnR

I never rejected nuGuns, it was different but still good. Now it is obviously coming back to bite me in the ass because to me this is just a hybrid lineup doing the same ol' song and dance. As for the quality of the music, I think nuGuns performed the songs admirably, and not only that, with a welcoming twist to what we had in the 90s. Will it be different to hear Richard and Slash play the songs, sure, a mixture of nuGuns and classic Guns. Will it be 10 times better? Hardly.

39 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

It's like an Happy Ending. Of course the original 5 would be way more exciting, but the biggest challenge is reuniting Axl and Slash. After that everything is possible, don't you agry?

And it's not the same when Axl have his guys butchering the old songs live, or Slash lets Myles whining them. It just isn't. 

If Axl is in form (and I'm talking about his voice, because I couldn't care less if he has a gut or a mustache) and if Slash finds a way to replicate his Illusion or Snakepit sound, then it will be the first time in over two decades you'll hear what the GNR sound mostly is about. Axl’s voice and Slash's leads.

Sure, if anybody got to see Adler or/and Izzy joining them, that would be even greater. The maximum of greatness you'll have if they find a way in the studio.

But all that isn't possible without Axl and Slash reconciling in some way. 

Yeah, I agree that now that Slash and Axl has found the way to at least play together the creative spark may be reignited and it could, possibly, lead to them working together on new music. THAT I find really exciting. It's a bit down the road, though, with too many ifs to fully embrace at this stage.

And yes, this will be the first time we will get to hear Slash's particular way of playing combined with Axl's vocals. And while I agree that is qualitatively different than Axl and Bucket, Axl and Robin, Axl and Bumble, it is not quantitatively 10 times better to me. It is different, sure, and it is the sound I first fell in love with. But that particular mesh of sounds was just one out of many things that made GN'R so great to me back in the 80s and while I still love the music.

• Like 1

Slash and Axl reuniting is most definitely the most exiting for me.

However, with that said, the possibility of Axl guesting for AC/DC has been the most entertaining. The complete brain melting that has been happening over it has been keeping me entertained. First just the small reaction to vague rumors, then the next wave of stronger rumors and stronger reactions, then the tidal wave that crashed down from the picture. It has been fun.

It has also been a crazy eye opening experience to see how many people hate Axl. The dude has been low key not doing a whole lot for years and the pure hatred directed at him is mind boggling. And I am not talking about the silly jokes but the absolute vitriol. And this was before the AC/DC rumors started.

5 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Slash and Axl reuniting is most definitely the most exiting for me.

However, with that said, the possibility of Axl guesting for AC/DC has been the most entertaining. The complete brain melting that has been happening over it has been keeping me entertained. First just the small reaction to vague rumors, then the next wave of stronger rumors and stronger reactions, then the tidal wave that crashed down from the picture. It has been fun.

It has also been a crazy eye opening experience to see how many people hate Axl. The dude has been low key not doing a whole lot for years and the pure hatred directed at him is mind boggling. And I am not talking about the silly jokes but the absolute vitriol. And this was before the AC/DC rumors started.

I think that's what CD was about in a way. Axl's rep as this arrogant wife beating asshole, then you listen to CD and there's all these heartbroken songs. Axl can't be this bulletproof prick if he can write such lyrics. It's a front. 

Evil Walks would be great with Axl. 

i wish this happened :

Axl welcomes back Duff and Slash into the band

they regain the rights to the name

they book a huuuuuuuuuuuuge tour

Axl bails out, just like Izzy and the rest of them did in the 90s, giving away the rights to the band

Slash and the rest are left with no singer and a booked tour. They go BANKRUPT

Axl joins AC / DC and creates profit

Axl wins

the ultimate revenge

wow, just wow!

Edited by whatashame

4 hours ago, whatashame said:

i wish this happened :

Axl welcomes back Duff and Slash into the band

they regain the rights to the name

they book a huuuuuuuuuuuuge tour

Axl bails out, just like Izzy and the rest of them did in the 90s, giving away the rights to the band

Slash and the rest are left with no singer and a booked tour. They go BANKRUPT

Axl joins AC / DC and creates profit

Axl wins

the ultimate revenge

wow, just wow!

in this case Duff performs So Fine, Attitude, New Rose  3 times each 

I'm a Guns fan first but ACDC is my second fave. I think it will be awesome if he fills in for a few shows. I have been a fan of GnR from the start and through all the years and lineups. Axl is my favorite singer. I would love to hear him do ACDC especially some of the older Bon songs.

When I heard Axl may be filling in for ACDC I was excited and told everyone who would listen however when I suspected a reunion of some sort was coming I was more excited stalking the forum daily for news. Driving everyone insane. So I'd say the reunion or regroup.

Edited by BOSSY78
autocorrect sucks