What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?

What are you more excited for - GNR reuniting, or Axl joining AC/DC?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's hard for me to put into words exactly how little excitement I feel towards anything to do with the Axl & AC/DC story. I've never been a fan of AC/DC, so Axl joining them in any capacity doesn't interest me in the least.

I've always liked AC/DC but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I don't own any albums and don't even have any of their music on any of my devices. I had never seen them live but I went to see them in Vegas in February because, well it's one of those bands I felt I should see before it was too late. It was a great show and a fun time but I'm with you. Axl joining AC/DC doesn't excite me one bit. It's kind of a cool story but personally I hate the fact it's stolen all the limelight from the GnR reunion. I can't for the life of me understand why any GnR fan would be more excited about that, than about seeing Axl and Slash (and Duff and possibly even Steven) all on the same stage again for the first time in 23 years. In all honesty I think people who feel that way aren't even Guns n Roses fans. they're simply Axl Rose fans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amir said:

You can be both; I like oldGNR, I like Chinese Democracy, and I liked World on Fire, so I guess that makes me a GNR fan and an Axl fan and a Slash fan.

I used to listen to AC/DC a lot as a teenager, was supposed to see them in 2009 but couldn't go, finally saw them last year and was underwhelmed. But I'd definitely check out an Axl/DC show.

As a GNR fan and an Axl fan I currently feel like this:

485488.jpg

Bono wasn't referring to people who like NuGNR. He was referring to people that are more excited about the AC/DC thing than the Gn'R reunion.. The rest of your post is hilarious ;) Looks like you need Pittman and his towel hahah

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I just found it comical, not trying to be a dick... NuGnR fans were outright nasty around here to fans of the old band for a long time. They were dick's... I don't want to be like that.

That's not the whole story, old guns fans were incredibly unforgiving for anyone who said a good word about CD or the CD line up.

Some nuGuns fans were a little camp Axl vs Camp Slash... And posted shite about Slash not being important to gnr (foolishness). But overall the majority of nuGnR fans ('99 onwards) were respectful of the past but were open to new line ups, and directions. I love the classic line ups, but I also enjoyed the CD line up... But it wasn't the same obviously. 

Have I seen gnr 3 times? Yes! I haven't seen them with Slash, duff or any other classic member but! They were still gnr, if a bit of a nutured version.

AC/DC is the reason I'm a music fan and Angus is the reason I picked up a guitar. Brian's voice from 1980-1983ish might be my favourite hard rock voice of all time. No more Brian should really no more AC/DC. However, since it's clear that Angus wants to continue even if it's with a "guest vocalist" for now, I'll reserve judgment on that matter until I see what he actually does with the band. If the guest vocalist thing is to finish the dates, then I'm fine with a big name stepping in. Axl makes that all the more awesome. I'm incredibly excited for the potential and will definitely catch the Buffalo AC/DC date. If Axl manages to pull it off it will be a truly unique experience.

That said, I voted reunion because c'mon - it's Axl, Slash, and Duff. Do I need to say anything more?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bono said:

LOL at those saying Axl/DC and then even more of an LOL at those GnR "fans" that say a reunion doesn't excite them that much. 

Would you be able to articulate exactly why I should be so excited about Axl, Slash, Richard, Dizzy, Duff and Frank playing together?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Would you be able to articulate exactly why I should be so excited about Axl, Slash, Richard, Dizzy, Duff and Frank playing together?

You're smart enough to know why but still you prefer to provoke instead.

You know very well it's not about Axl, Slash, Richard, Dizzy, Duff and Frank because Bono, most of the forum members and almost every fan with a ticket for the upcoming shows couldn't care less for Frank, Richard and Dizzy.

You know very well it's all about Axl, Slash and Duff but you're to cool for school as usual.

And bitter that it's happening :lol:

Deal with it.

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

You're smart enough to know why but still you prefer to provoke instead.

You know very well it's not about Axl, Slash, Richard, Dizzy, Duff and Frank because Bono, most of the forum members and almost every fan with a ticket for the upcoming shows couldn't care less for Frank, Richard and Dizzy.

You know very well it's all about Axl, Slash and Duff but you're to cool for school as usual.

And bitter that it's happening :lol:

Deal with it.

Yeah sure, I know that, but what is it about Axl, Slash and Duff playing the same old songs that is so rivetting? Will the music suddenly be 10 times greater? Is it that magic top hat? Is it purely about the visual aspect? I just don't what is so exciting about it. If it was a true reunion of the AFD lineup I'd be more inclined to be understand it, because at least then it was an attempted resurrection of something magical and one could fantasize about being at the Trubadour in 1987. I really don't see how that is possible with this lineup.

Personally, I look forward to the intetrplay between Richard and Slash which I think can be awesome. And I am mildly curious about how Axl and Slash will act together. I also hope for some deep cuts. Besides that, meh.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah sure, I know that, but what is it about Axl, Slash and Duff playing the same old songs that is so rivetting? Will the music suddenly be 10 times greater? Is it that magic top hat? Is it purely about the visual aspect? I just don't what is so exciting about it. If it was a true reunion of the AFD lineup I'd be more inclined to be understand it, because at least then it was an attempted resurrection of something magical and one could fantasize about being at the Trubadour in 1987. I really don't see how that is possible with this lineup.

Personally, I look forward to the intetrplay between Richard and Slash which I think can be awesome. And I am mildly curious about how Axl and Slash will act together. I also hope for some deep cuts. Besides that, meh.

Same old songs my ass.. Fact is that Axl, Slash, Duff and hopefully more haven't played the songs together in almost 25 years.. That is 100% fucking riveting! I could care less what NuGuns and it's rotating cast of characters have been playing for the last 15 years.. I hardly paid attention.. I can certainly say that the music will be 10 times greater than that mess. To each is own.. You might fail to see what is exciting about it and I feel sorry for you.. But there sure are a lot more people that do see it. \m/ #GnFnR

• Like 1

The Reunion obviously is the most exciting thing of 2016. 

The AC/DC thing is intriguing though. Axl fronting another band if it does happen,  should be a cool thing. He could also win over some people who remain critical of him, if he goes in and does the gigs, kicks ass, and is well behaved. As long as the AC/DC crowds dont act hostile towards him and throw shit, It showed go over well without a hitch. This year could be a redeeming one for him and he could tear down those outdated opinions of him. 

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Bono wasn't referring to people who like NuGNR. He was referring to people that are more excited about the AC/DC thing than the Gn'R reunion.. The rest of your post is hilarious ;) Looks like you need Pittman and his towel hahah

Pitman might need the towel more :lol:

Obviously the reunion.  And I'm not going to comment about those that chose the AC/DC rumor....I'll just post 3 letters.....smh.

Edit:  I need to comment, sorry....:lol:

If you chose Axl fronting AC/DC , you are more of a fan of Axl Rose (Or possibly AC/DC), than you are of Guns N' Roses.  There's nothing wrong with that, just need to be honest with yourselves.   ;)

Edited by Kasanova King

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm more into new songs, I just hope this isn't pure nostalgia. I was very keen with GnR evolving.

See, that's what you don't seem to realize. GNR broke up. A band can't be one person hence Axl Rose isn't GNR. What you liked was the evolution of Axl Rose and whomever he employed as his backing band. There's a huge difference.

For the record, I'm a huge Axl Rose fan. I'm also a huge fan of Slash and every member of the original band, including Matt Sorum and Dizzy Reed -- who were voted into the band by the majority of the original members. Those guys are GNR. And that group broke up. Completely. A legal technicality allowing a sole member to use the original band name doesn't change that fact.

I am also a big fan of Velvet Revolver, which contained more original GNR members than the Axl Rose Project ever did. It wasn't GNR either -- even if it had been able to use the original band name too.

The only way for GNR to evolve is for the majority of the original members, if not all, to reform and start writing new material.

That's tricky thing. Those that love the 2000's era stuff and want to see it continue on aren't really GNR fans. They are fans of what many refer to as NuGNR, but is really just Axl's side project similarly to how Slash has his Conspirators project and Duff/Izzy/Steven have their own things going on. The only difference is one guy decided to ride the coattails of the band name each of them built together but can't possibly be carried on singularly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It's like an Happy Ending. Of course the original 5 would be way more exciting, but the biggest challenge is reuniting Axl and Slash. After that everything is possible, don't you agry?

And it's not the same when Axl have his guys butchering the old songs live, or Slash lets Myles whining them. It just isn't. 

If Axl is in form (and I'm talking about his voice, because I couldn't care less if he has a gut or a mustache) and if Slash finds a way to replicate his Illusion or Snakepit sound, then it will be the first time in over two decades you'll hear what the GNR sound mostly is about. Axl’s voice and Slash's leads.

Sure, if anybody got to see Adler or/and Izzy joining them, that would be even greater. The maximum of greatness you'll have if they find a way in the studio.

But all that isn't possible without Axl and Slash reconciling in some way. 

I like ACDC songs but I can't listen to more than 3 songs at a time or I will get really bored. Not my style, definetly. Axl joining them? Meh.

Now, AXL AND SLASH PLAYING TOGETHER AGAIN? 

Amazing, incredible, best news for true GNR fans in years! Really looking forward to it, specially if Axl brings his A game to this. Duff around is great as well, but HOLY SHIT. AXL AND SLASH, every fan should be happy just about the fact they are ok with each other again.

12 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think in 2004 I would have been excited but we had to let it go. Now we have to re-up the excitement. I'm more happy for them and relieved they didn't fuck it up completely. As there seemed to be no reason for it and so many fans wanted it. I love it when a plan comes together. 

I think what Axl, Slash, Duff bring is that rabble rousing element. In a live a setting they get a reaction from the crowd. The whole fuck you attitude comes back into to play. 

How long into the first show before Axl calls us motherfuckers?