Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Just now, 3rd Wheel said:

If Izzy and Adler play, they will be flown in with FBI-level security. Ain't no way GNR lets TMZ blow the lid on it.

Chill. GNR let the media see what it wanted them to see.

That's the vibe I'm getting. 50/50 expectation on Izzy, but my gut says we've got 2 drummers, 2 rhythm guitarists tonight, and a minimal-at-most Pittman appearance (strings for Nov. Rain or something).  My optimism for AFD(+DR) lineup is high as ever right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

No axl or Frank either. It doesn't mean shit yet. And as someone else pointed out Izzy traveled previously with axl. Maybe that's how they'll sneak Izzy and Adler in..

Frank is at the picture sitting behind the drums LOL!!!

Just now, Billsfan said:

No axl or Frank either. It doesn't mean shit yet. And as someone else pointed out Izzy traveled previously with axl. Maybe that's how they'll sneak Izzy and Adler in..

If my memory serves me correct, and I was front and center for all 4 Hammerstein shows, izzys appearance leaked when someone mentioned they were tuning izzys guitar. That was right before jimmy Fallon gave everyone in the front row a high five......  Memories.....

2 minutes ago, warebel said:

Frank is at the picture sitting behind the drums LOL!!!

Tmz didn't get him. The point was relevance to tmz. Just because Adler and Izzy haven't been filmed doesn't mean they're not at the gig. Try to keep up

3 hours ago, Cruel Intentions said:

Then why not put tickets on sale before this gig even happened then?

Avoid scalpers and to make sure that most of the people in the place got in for $10 (or free if invited).  Had they put these on sale a week ago, many would have been sold for thousands of dollars, making it a high-priced only event.  It's obvious with how they made the pop up shop, the ticket waiting line at Tower Records (like people used to do back in the 80's and 90's) and the $10 ticket price, that they are doing this for the sunset strip fanbase, family and friends as a throwback.  This event isn't intended to be a $2000 per ticket event and I think they handled it perfectly. 

Just now, Bobbo said:

Like I said , that second keyboard is Axl's piano tonight. Until we see Axl's piano, a third set of keyboards,or that kiddy gobbler himself, I'm riding that pipe dream to the end.

You and me both brother

Just now, 3rd Wheel said:

If Izzy and Adler play, they will be flown in with FBI-level security. Ain't no way GNR lets TMZ blow the lid on it.

Chill. GNR let the media see what it wanted them to see.

exactly.

and if Izzy does show, i'd be willing to bet that he arrives in the same car as Axl. it doesn't matter how much the two got angry with another over the years, Axl is an extremely emotional/sentimental person and Izzy will always have a place in the band with his childhood friend IF Izzy wants it.

as for Steven, it certainly would've been nice to see him show up with Slash since they're likewise close childhood buddies. then again, IMO it appeared that Slash never seemed to stick-up that hard for Steven during in the AFD-UYI transition period.

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Avoid scalpers and to make sure that most of the people in the place got in for $10 (or free if invited).  Had they put these on sale a week ago, many would have been sold for thousands of dollars, making it a high-priced only event.  It's obvious with how they made the pop up shop, the ticket waiting line at Tower Records (like people used to do back in the 80's and 90's) and the $10 ticket price, that they are doing this for the sunset strip fanbase, family and friends as a throwback.  This event isn't intended to be a $2000 per ticket event and I think they handled it perfectly. 

No, I meant tickets for the tour itself going on sale before the surprise gig. I didn't mean have tickets for this show go on sale in advance.