04/20/16 - Mexico City - Foro Sol

downzy

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

I want both of those tonight. Axl's voice is in good shape for both. Think About You is criminally underrated because the other "Big 8" from Appetite are so legendary. 

Exactly! I am sure that he can manage Think About You with his voice in the condition it is. And it's a great song!

1 minute ago, FabioRoses said:

There Was a Time! 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

TWAT and My Michelle in for Coma and Civil War

They must read the boards as people were begging for Coma before the Vegas shows and it has been played, and TWAT has been requested in here heavily the last couple shows and now it has been done live. 

Need to get Locomotive in there now.

• Like 1

In case someone missed it, so far we have:

01 - It's So Easy

02 - Mr. Brownstone

03 - Chinese Democracy
04 - Welcome to the Jungle

05 - Double Talkin' Jive

06 - Estranged

07 - Live and Let Die

08 - Rocket Queen

09 - You Could Be Mine

10 - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / New Rose

11 - This I Love

12 - There Was a Time
13 - Godfather Theme
14 - Sweet Child O' Mine

15 - Better

16 - My Michelle

17 - Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover)

18- Layla (Outro - Derek & The Dominos cover)

19 - November Rain
20 - Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Edited by jpduff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HuskerTornado said:

They must read the boards as people were begging for Coma before the Vegas shows and it has been played, and TWAT has been requested in here heavily the last couple shows and now it has been done live. 

It's obvious someone watches this board. Oh and it's awesome that they pass along the info and shit happens.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HuskerTornado said:

Well, they rehearsed both songs before the first vegas gigs, so....

But yeah, he may now knows what are the good songs people want to hear for so long

4 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So is Anything Goes in my opinion. I'd love to see Slash playing it with the talkbox!

If they bust out AG (which hasn't been played since 1987)  then i will eat Bumblefoot's hot sauce 

I would love to hear AG but we are in the minority i think. The song gets alot of hate

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 3

Just now, jpduff said:

In case someone missed it, so far we have:

01 - It's So Easy

02 - Mr. Brownstone

03 - Chinese Democracy
04 - Welcome to the Jungle

05 - Double Talkin' Jive

06 - Estranged

07 - Live and Let Die

08 - Rocket Queen

09 - You Could Be Mine

10 - You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory / New Rose

11 - This I Love

12 - There Was a Time
13 - Godfather Theme
14 - Sweet Child O' Mine

15 - Better

16 - My Michelle

17 - Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd cover)

18 - November Rain

19 - Layla (Outro - Derek & The Dominos cover)
20 - November Rain 
21 - Knockin' On Heaven's Door

You wrote NR twice :P

1 minute ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

So is Anything Goes in my opinion. I'd love to see Slash playing it with the talkbox!

I love the chorus and music of Anything Goes (the talkbox is freaking great), but the lyrics in the verses are just really immature. It would be an awesome song if the lyrics were a bit stronger in the verses. 

I just love how Think About You works as a cheesy rocker/ballad but it goes to another level when you consider Izzy possibly wrote it about heroin instead of a girl. The ending of that song (last 30-40 seconds) is some of the very best music on Appetite. 

• Like 2

Just now, Strange Broue said:

Well, they rehearsed both songs before the first vegas gigs, so....

But yeah, he may now knows what are the good songs people want to hear for so long

Well, they have to rehearse anything they play, since it has been so long for many of these songs, but was that common knowledge before the shows that they were rehearsing those songs in particular?

1 minute ago, MicEffecT said:

Would lovelove You're Crazy, Think About You, Right Next Door To Hell, Dead Horse and Locomotive and Pretty Tied Up. Somewhere in the tour

I can see You're Crazy being brought back, GNR played it pretty consistently starting from 2012

Just now, HuskerTornado said:

Well, they have to rehearse anything they play, since it has been so long for many of these songs, but was that common knowledge before the shows that they were rehearsing those songs in particular?

Well ,since the first  vegas soundcheck was streamed on periscope, then yeah

Before Troubadour we haven't heard anything

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

ABSOLUTELY!!

I adore him for trying to be friendly to the audience, for caring, for taking the time to learn that and having the balls to say it. I will never understand people who make fun of other people learning a new language or making an effort to speak other tongues... Maybe it is their own insecurities? That silly shaming should really stop.

besides, Axl speaking Spanish? Who would have ever thought about it... The "in migrants and f----" guy... He always acted so American in my opinion than hearing him saying this is like wow, this guy has changed a lot and for good!

Thumbs up to Axl :thumbsup:

I can't agree more with you! I'm disappointed I'm out of likes! Just the effort wins the audience! that's it! you've made their whole week! It's so cool when artists do that! And coming from Axl who is not known to do that when visiting other countries is immensely cool! Kudos, Mr. Rose. 

• Like 2