04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

a perfect example of ignorance... a smiley face bears the weight of profound and insightful arguments...

Don't sweat it bro. 

There are some posters on here who were just listening from their HOMES saying they were brought to tears 3-4 times each show, that it was the best night of their life, and they've worked it up in their head that Slash and now BFFs forever - and they can tell this off of seeing Axl's eyes off their cell phone video from YouTube.  

If listening to a concert on your phone or computer is the best night of somebody's life then you can't except to have a normal conversation with that person about the band.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Don't sweat it bro. 

There are some posters on here who were just listening from their HOMES saying they were brought to tears 3-4 times each show, that it was the best night of their life, and they've worked it up in their head that Slash and now BFFs forever - and they can tell this off of seeing Axl's eyes off their cell phone video from YouTube.  

If listening to a concert on your phone or computer is the best night of somebody's life then you can't except to have a normal conversation with that person about the band.

who gave the "all clear" sign to the detractors? we're not done experiencing this delerium yet. this place ain't safe for ya, so beat it

15 minutes ago, AlexC said:

The people who are saying Fortus plays Slash's solos better and is better live etc. are missing the point entirely.

He didn't write them! He's a fucking employee hired by a man who is a perfectionist who wanted an exact replica of Slash's playing, so of course he plays them with more precision live than Slash.

The has probably practising every single note a million times until his fingers bled with Axl fucking Rose breathing down his neck every step of the way.

But Slash is responsible for those great riffs and solos and is an icon. That's why people want him there and why the spotlight is on him and not Richard. Everyone knows that including Richard and he has accepted it like a professional. So should you bunch of deluded hipsters.

People are hipsters if they have a different opinion about guitar players than you do? That's quite a leap.

And you talk about people being a buzzkill or negative - but you are the only one who seems angry. 

People have different opinions. This is an open forum for people to share ideas and opinions. You don't own it and you aren't a mod. Chill and respect other people's opinions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

It appears Axl sounded better Saturday night from the videos I have seen.

you only need to watch a LALD clip. i was watching this live today, and it was just one monster 2002 scream after the other. i couldnt believe what i saw. this is legetimate.

19 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

are you f...... serious? I just said that's how it sounded... maybe it was shitty camera or slash didn;t turn the volume knob on his guitar all the way up and given the fact he hasnt played it 20 years.... No one s gonna take away from him that... just chill with over-protectiveness... I couldnt be more happier Slash is back for that matter... oh well...

Man, I'll tell ya: I noticed sorta the same things. Especially on Estranged, bends and the timing itself were off at some points. Also the last November Rain solo, Bumblefoot played it 9000 times better. But we all know that Slash has never been about precision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, action said:

richard should stick with rhythm no questions asked.

but....

Slash needs to be challenged. He didnt like playing alongside Izzy for that reason. Slash needs to feel happy playing or this thing will implode faster than you can say DJAshba

If richard plays a little solo here and there, as a counterpoint to slash, then good things will come out of this. watch the clip of CD: you'll see. 

but richard playing the lead solos on stuff like november rain ans estranged? that's out of the question really.

Slash for Total Guitar, April 2004: "With Izzy... very rarely did we sit down and have the patience to work out guitar parts. Instead, we just sort of improvised. Dave and Izzy are the only two guitar players I really mesh with."

In 2010 Slash announced that Izzy is the only other person who played guitar on his first solo record. I know he said some bad stuff about Izzy back in the nineties, but it was more because of the way Izzy left the band, his general attitude and Slash being angry and disappointed about it, not because of Izzy's playing. Slash himself admitted it later.

3 minutes ago, action said:

who gave the "all clear" sign to the detractors? we're not done experiencing this delerium yet. this place ain't safe for ya, so beat it

Lol. You guys are funny. 

I'm as happy as anybody that the boys are back together. And the footage I've seen has been magnificent.  

But crying and best night of a fan's life? And nobody knows what Axl and Slash are thinking. Maybe Axl is smiling because he knows each show he is banking a million bucks.  Maybe he is having a blast. To say that you can see the love and energy for the two from the look in their eye......that's sounding like Justin Bieber fandom stuff. 

2 minutes ago, Norman Bates said:

In that pic the person second left is Dizzy's daughter Shade. Don't know about the other woman

Then Maybe the other one could be Richard's daughter, Duff did talk before that Richard's kids were also around the age of his kids. 

Maybe I did go a bit overboard. It just seems to be a typical thing with some people that aggravates me, something they've been wishing for years to happen finally happens and the very next day all they can do is complain.

But yeah, reading it back that hipster retort barely makes sense haha.

Oh well, at least we're all passionate! :P

Btw this is in response to Apollo. Just forgot to quote him.

Edited by AlexC
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Was this part of the VIP Package? or they are groupies and somehow managed to get a pic with Fortus and Reed? 

I could be wrong, but I think that's Dizzy's daughter standing next to him. 

3 minutes ago, Rayno said:

Slash for Total Guitar, April 2004: "With Izzy... very rarely did we sit down and have the patience to work out guitar parts. Instead, we just sort of improvised. Dave and Izzy are the only two guitar players I really mesh with."

In 2010 Slash announced that Izzy is the only other person who played guitar on his first solo record. I know he said some bad stuff about Izzy back in the nineties, but it was more because of the way Izzy left the band, his general attitude and Slash being angry and disappointed about it, not because of Izzy's playing. Slash himself admitted it later.

thanks for reminding me. it's hard sometimes to find the truth in their words.

Slash also said he needed to make Izzy's UYI parts "heavier" since Izzy tended to soften things down too much. So i dont know what to believe anymore, lol. 

9 minutes ago, RollingGuns said:

I haven't posted here in at least 7 years and I am now using a different username than previously.  I've been following the updates and everything else at an unhealthy level for the past several weeks, and I finally figured I might as well re-join and post here.

The footage I've watched, the reviews I've heard, and the overall positive vibes coming from GN'R these days are things I never ever thought would happen again.  It's almost like it's not real; I am seeing them at Ford Field on their first stop of the US Tour, and maybe only then will I realize that this is actually happening and is not some sort of dream.  These guys are absolutely on fire, and they're only three shows into the reunion.  Axl is clearly putting in 110 percent effort, unlike the past few years where it was plainly obvious to me (and probably most other people) that he was phoning in performances and was generally uninspired with the band.  That's not a knock against the "old" GN'R (which was "New" GN'R until this reunion); I saw them twice, 2006 and 2011, and they put on a great show and Axl was very good each time.  But at the end of the day the magic of this band was created with the Big Three (plus Izzy and Adler, but Fortus/Ferrer have no complaints from me) and can only be re-created with those guys at the helm.  You can literally see the glean in Axl's eye and smiles we haven't seen in decades.  Slash was absolutely rocking out last night like it was 1992.  Duff is an inspiration to us all, at 52, with the type of shape he's in and the way he's turned his life around after near death.  He is more into the music than I've seen since the old days.  Slash and Duff were fantastic in Velvet Revolver, having seen them 4 times in their short existence, but this in on a whole different level.

I've been smiling from start to finish with these amazing clips of these old friends back together, and I am hopeful for not only a great tour but new music as well.  I don't think anything could top that!

New music would make this the best rock tour of the 00s

Just now, action said:

thanks for reminding me. it's hard sometimes to find the truth in their words.

Slash also said he needed to make Izzy's UYI parts "heavier" since Izzy tended to soften things down too much. So i dont know what to believe anymore, lol. 

People change their opinions and personal relations definitely have something to do about it. But it seems Slash appreciates Izzy's playing, he only disagree with his low profile attitude and lack of discipline. Writing/studio recording and liveshow are completely different things.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Maybe I did go a bit overboard. It just seems to be a typical thing with some people that aggravates me, something they've been wishing for years to happen finally happens and the very next day all they can do is complain.

But yeah, reading it back that hipster retort barely makes sense haha.

Oh well, at least we're all passionate! :P

Btw this is in response to Apollo. Just forgot to quote him.

?????????

But to be fair, probably 99% of what has been posted is extremely positive. 

Most of the negative comments have been just small critiques from a few people. 

Its just unrealistic to expect 100% of everybody to be 100% positive of 100% of what happened. 

But it sure seems like 95-99% of the reactions have been positive. 

Just now, HOOSIER GUNZ said:

if axl lookalike dagpbert duck then slash is definitely channeling scrooge mcduck with his top hat, agree?

ok so they have mickey, dagobert and scrooge covered. no wonder theres a disney tune sounding at the beginning of every concert.

disney. what's not to like?

Just now, Torb said:

Look, you're a Slash fan and I understand that. But listen closely again to that solo on the album, you must be deaf to not admit it.

Well Im a fan of what sounds good. Did you hear the horrible tone Ron used to use while playing Estranged or NR? 

Slash composed those songs and he is supposed to play those parts and not Fortus.

Before they used to divide cause none of them composed it. Like that Ron bought back Don't cry to the setlist, this means which should call him back just to play Don't Cry and not let Fortus play the intro?

Slash and Duff bought the GNR sound back, I can happily say that GUNS N ROSES is BACK! I just hope Steven gets well soon and Hope to see Izzy doing some shows. You can't deny the fact Izzy is an amazing song writer, He still has the respect of me and many other GNR fans. 

• Like 1