04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

Just got to listen a tiny bit of my audio last night that @TOS--LOAcleaned up. I could only listen through my phone, but it sounded great to me. 

Can't wait to relive this show over and over and over. I xannot thank TOS enough for jumping right up to help out with fixing the audio up. Thank you so much! 

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

:lol:

Gotta say, I thought it was funny reading people who were crying while watching periscope videos... I was lucky enough to be front row on the first night and it was honestly the best concert I've ever seen (I have to say it again: fucking COMA!!!!!), it's not like Axl and Slash were interacting much but you could see them watching each other and most importantly, pushing each other musically! You could feel the emotion in the crowd when they played, which is just one of the reasons it was probably the best show I've seen. When they walked off stage they were grinning at each other like they knew they'd just absolutely killed that show.

Great report. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Well done! Haha looks like someone took it, but Jungle sounds killer. 

If it is my audio, I'm totally fine with people spreading it around. All I ask is that no one charge for it. The only reason I record shows is to share for free. I never wanna see someone making money off of another fan. :)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Kimd of a dick head review.  The guy broke his foot tripping in a piece of shit venue.  Fuck- LA Times guy needs to calm down.  It has nothing top do with being 54.  Grohl busted his leg and he's what???40ish...

1 minute ago, Original said:

Kimd of a dick head review.  The guy broke his foot tripping in a piece of shit venue.  Fuck- LA Times guy needs to calm down.  It has nothing top do with being 54.  Grohl busted his leg and he's what???40ish...

Exactly. And barely a comment on the quality of his voice... 

On 11.4.2016 at 3:46 AM, wasted said:

Fortus has done a lot of great work he isn't credited for. 

Izzy to me is an enigma. On one hand he wrote a lot of AFD like Nightrain, OTGM, Brownstone, Think about, Anything goes. But at the same time Slash gets credit, I think because he worked them into great finished product. Izzy brought in more finished songs for UYI. Slash may have finished off stuff like RNDTH, Perfect Crime, Bad Obsession. 

But then you look at Izzy solo and he has the same scope of material from Bronstone riffs to Perfect Crime type punk songs to Stonesy rock n roll, reggae influences, with that punk element too. And that very much is early Guns at the core. But then Slash is more Aero DC with hints of Zepp. 

So on one hand Izzy seems vital but on the other he's not seen like that by the other members. He's a genius musically but maybe doesn't have the drive to stay in the game. 

He's clearly the most talented of them all in Guns. But maybe they can function without him now with all the ideas they can come up with and the work Huge and Fortus did for Guns and I believe they can make a great album without him. But every old Guns album had key Izzy tunes: Appetite is half Izzy, Lies is mostly Izzy, Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine, Dust N' Bones etc for Illusions.

Foolish not to try and convince him to write for them though. It will be a different kind of album, but Axl has a lot of material and the Fortus and Slash combo can be used like Izzy and Slash on Appetite, but the situation right now while great, is not ideal without him imo. He wrote with Duff recently, so perhaps they'll work something out in the future if it's about money.

Edited by Rovim

9 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

he doesnt have it anymore since a long time already

how do you know? I've seen him play the exact one during Civil War with Conspirators except it's green and not red like in Estranged... the Godzilla one or whatever he calls it...

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just got to listen a tiny bit of my audio last night that @TOS--LOAcleaned up. I could only listen through my phone, but it sounded great to me. 

Can't wait to relive this show over and over and over. I xannot thank TOS enough for jumping right up to help out with fixing the audio up. Thank you so much! 

Thanks for recording. Giving it a listen now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Unfair review, linking the injury to age like that

However, I desperately want GNR to succeed at coachella (because that's more my crowd, and skeptical people around me will be paying attention). And the throne could easily be interpreted as Axl going full grandpa if you don't know the back story. What's the likelihood of him being able to walk on Saturday? How did he do it in 91? Didn't he run around in his cast? 

comedian/musican Dean Delray's review of the vegas shows

#246:Guns N' Roses Report from Vegas and my Love for the Use Your Illusion Records

Bonus episode of LET THERE BE TALK. Today I return back from Las Vegas with my full report on the GUNS N' ROSES 2016 World Tour Kick Off. I also decided to give the USE YOUR ILLUSION records some long overdue love. I feel a lot of people over look these epic records and i think people should really dig into them.

itunes version

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/246-guns-n-roses-report-from/id546210508?i=366586388&mt=2