04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

He's clearly the most talented of them all in Guns. But maybe they can function without him now with all the ideas they can come up with and the work the Huge and Fortus did for Guns and I believe they can make a great album without him. But every old Guns album had key Izzy tunes: Appetite is half Izzy, Lies is mostly Izzy, Don't Cry and You Could Be Mine, Dust N' Bones etc for Illusions.

Foolish not to try and convince him to write for them though. It will be a different kind of album, but Axl has a lot of material and the Fortus and Slash combo can be used like Izzy and Slash on Appetite, but the situation right now while great, is not ideal without him imo. He wrote with Duff recently, so perhaps they'll work something out in the future if it's about money.

The way I'm looking at it is one line up makes a certain record, if you use the AFD line up it could sound very AFD. If you use Illusion guys you get UYI type record. Because each guy has their own thing, they aren't virtuoso chameleons, so it comes out a certain way. Izzy started writing songs that were great but weren't necessarily...I think they got pumped up by Slash and Axl and Izzy wanted do them his way. Time's short your life's your own. Maybe he will write with them again, but it's more like donating your songs to rape by metal. The band has to get back into that early day sound but so many semi prog rock epics under the fly over. I could see one Izzy song but the new album being the sound of Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank - something new. I could almost imagine sounding like Spag Incident with Axl and Slash songs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl hadn't seen Bach in a while, so it really didn't matter what Bach said. He had been out of the GNR camp a while and was playing with Slash and Duff in the last few years. Axl was just laughing at all the energy Bach brings, he seems like a contagious personality to be around so everyone was all smiles, I don't think it's weird for them. 

I still think Axl was a bit frustrated by the "where's Izzy" poster, when he introduced Fortus he said "he's been in Guns N Roses for 15 years!" I thought that moment was kinda awkward for everyone. 

Where was the wheres Izzy poster? I missed it and man that must have been awkard as hell