04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

3 hours ago, Apollo said:

Don't sweat it bro. 

There are some posters on here who were just listening from their HOMES saying they were brought to tears 3-4 times each show, that it was the best night of their life, and they've worked it up in their head that Slash and now BFFs forever - and they can tell this off of seeing Axl's eyes off their cell phone video from YouTube.  

If listening to a concert on your phone or computer is the best night of somebody's life then you can't except to have a normal conversation with that person about the band.

:lol:

Gotta say, I thought it was funny reading people who were crying while watching periscope videos... I was lucky enough to be front row on the first night and it was honestly the best concert I've ever seen (I have to say it again: fucking COMA!!!!!), it's not like Axl and Slash were interacting much but you could see them watching each other and most importantly, pushing each other musically! You could feel the emotion in the crowd when they played, which is just one of the reasons it was probably the best show I've seen. When they walked off stage they were grinning at each other like they knew they'd just absolutely killed that show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

And the answer to that is a big-ass NO.  Good deal is what we already have.  I say, get Robin Finck as a guest in the upcoming shows and let him play his This I Love solo.

Fortus played his solo's well, obviously they won't split up solo's on songs they're already playing but if they add things like TWAT or Think About You he could do some more.

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For those of you who check out the recording I made of last night's show, listen right after Coma for me in tital shock saying "Holy shitballs" :lol:

Haha I said the same thing in the chat when I was watching the stream :lol: Thanks so much for recording this man, I'm currently up to KOHD (which is incredible) and it sounds great :headbang:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Haha I said the same thing in the chat when I was watching the stream :lol: Thanks so much for recording this man, I'm currently up to KOHD (which is incredible) and it sounds great :headbang:

Could you link me the stream? I've watched Fede's which was great! But does this one have better audio?

OMG I had a few goose-bump moments and religious expierences during the TWO shows I saw!!! It was AMAZING! I am so glad I flew out to see GNR (plus had an awsome time in Vegas...wow!!)...

some of my observations:

1) Axl is GOD...I've always loved me some Ax but MAN he can sing...at first when they wheeled out the chair I was like "bring out the gimp"...but then Axl went beyond my expectations...his voice was a like a virile 20 year old...esp during "live and let die" when he was yelling...WOW!!! I think the throne allowed him to save his energy

2) Slash IS GNR and should've never left...you can tell the crowd really wanted him there and he almost overshadowed Axl at some points (espically when he first walked onto the stage night one)

3) love the go-go dancers

4) I want to be the hot nurse that wheels out Axl

5) loved the fact they played "double talkin' jive" and "coma"

was great meeting MY PEOPLE...my fellow Gunners! embrace!!!

25 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

@Saltzy you survived! Great shot, how did it go for you?

It's been a crazy weekend and I am exhausted, but god-damn it's been fun.

Outside of like 4 hours of sleep a night and showering I literally don't think we've stopped moving.  Since Thursday at 12 I have seen GNR twice, once from Sec 13, once from the pit, seen 90 year old Don Rickles, gambled, played golf, hit in the batting cages, bowled, been to a strip club, went to a beer fest and drove a go cart...all while tripping on schrooms and smoking an 1/8th of weed.  I'm about to head out now to play beer pong and see Mike Tyson's one man show before I head out tomorrow at like noon.  I'm gonna need like a week to recover, but fuck it's been fun.

Here's another good one.  When I get home I'll post all the good ones on the pic thread.

20160409_235200.jpg

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Right on, you're vary welcome. I'm glad people are enjoying it! I can't wait to listen to it myself again tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

And the answer to that is a big-ass NO.  Good deal is what we already have.  I say, get Robin Finck as a guest in the upcoming shows and let him play his This I Love solo.

That would be great .....Finck  would play with more feeling and soul.

Edited by KIKOZ3

19 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

That would be great .....Finck  would play with more feeling and soul.

agreed, I love Slash but I think he is being really lazy or just not getting that Robin's solos should be given just as much weight as his were and played the way he played them. Biggest dissapointment of this tour is the way Slash is refusing to play those solos. He is 100% capable of doing them he just won't, and thats a bad decision and Axl should have said something.

• Like 1

Sitting at my gate WAY early, reflecting on the last couple of days. I'm using the slow ass (but free) airport wi-fi to download the audio from last nights show as I can't wait to hear it. I had an AWESOME time hanging with so many forum fans on Saturday. Then of course the show was fuckin' amazing. Hung out with a different group of forum fans all day today and had a blast with that too. 

Very much looking forward to the stadium tour kick off in my hometown a few months from now. I'll almost need that long to recover from what an amazing show and weekend I just experienced!

Anyone here going to Coachella?

Never been a big fan of that scene and some(most) of the bands they get... Just wondering..

I know quite a few people(try-hards/hipsters)who are going, but I feel like they really don't deserve to see something so magical. . . 

Thoughts ? 

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Fortus has done a lot of great work he isn't credited for. 

Izzy to me is an enigma. On one hand he wrote a lot of AFD like Nightrain, OTGM, Brownstone, Think about, Anything goes. But at the same time Slash gets credit, I think because he worked them into great finished product. Izzy brought in more finished songs for UYI. Slash may have finished off stuff like RNDTH, Perfect Crime, Bad Obsession. 

But then you look at Izzy solo and he has the same scope of material from Bronstone riffs to Perfect Crime type punk songs to Stonesy rock n roll, reggae influences, with that punk element too. And that very much is early Guns at the core. But then Slash is more Aero DC with hints of Zepp. 

So on one hand Izzy seems vital but on the other he's not seen like that by the other members. He's a genius musically but maybe doesn't have the drive to stay in the game. 

What Izzy songs would you recommend, haven't listened to his stuff in years.

5 hours ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

personally id be a bit pissed off if i was at a show and slash didnt play all the stuff he wrote... kinda like if axl didnt sing all the stuff he wrote

Maybe we could have Duff take lead vocals on SCOM for the rest of the tour.