04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

31 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

@RussTCB The audio clips were really cool man, I uploaded them on my ipod and listened to all the songs while going to work, I listened Better and Don't cry more than 10 times. 

Was it you who said "There was a time" before Don't Cry was about to start? lol

Just skipped to that part to check it out. I don't think that was me, but it could have been lol

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I can dig that. If anything I was just more surprised to hear someone go "SHOTGUN BLUES!" and be excited about it lol

haha! Its actually quite amazing if you think about it! The guy has the option of yelling any song ever written and he yells Shotgun Blues! lol

• Like 1

BTW, I almost, almost, almost caught the mic on Saturday.  There was a dude right in front of me with his gf on his shoulders that basically had it hit her right in the hands.  She missed it, it hit the floor and it kicked like 5' to my left.  If it would have went the other direction it would have hit me in the damn feet.  The guy that got it was within 10' of me.  He had it right in front of me. It was cool hearing people say 'Let him have it! Let him have it!' once he had it, but I'll be damned if I didn't wanna grab the fucking thing out of his hand soooo badly.

Also saw some guy get knocked the fuck out with an unintentional flying elbow during PC.  Dude was completely done.  Also cool watching the people around chill out for a sec and help security get the guy up and out.

Uhhhhh though.  So close to that mic! Gonna replay that 15 seconds in my head for the rest of my damn life.  Crappers.

Edited by Saltzy
  • Like 1

I was walking towards the back right of the pit after Nightrain of night 2 and saw Fernando standing there and told him "tell Axl to play Don't Cry" and he said "they are about to!" So I turned around and sure enough they walk out and start up the song haha I thought it was cool. I was starting to think Don't Cry wouldn't be part of the set list for them. 

• Like 2

Just listening to Knocking, its cool to hear Axl sing it with subtle differences compared to the 11-14 versions, especially on the deeper parts of the song.

This song more than most really benefits when Axl is giving it all he has got, been a long time since we had a full blown rasp chorus, last time I heard him do that was St Petersburg in 2010.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I was walking towards the back right of the pit after Nightrain of night 2 and saw Fernando standing there and told him "tell Axl to play Don't Cry" and he said "they are about to!" So I turned around and sure enough they walk out and start up the song haha I thought it was cool. I was starting to think Don't Cry wouldn't be part of the set list for them. 

Thats awesome man! I was front row at the sound academy in toronto in 2013 and Beta was out right in front of us! Just said Hey Beta!!! lol

Oh yeah, we had a riot. That dude wasn't even annoying really. Everyone I saw was jus so into it, that dude included. 

And you're welcome for the sharing, that's the only reason I go through the trouble :)

I'm on Coma now and it sounds just as awesome as I remember!

I feel like I was at the concert standing next to those obviously very excited Guns fans! Hahaha I can remember almost everything they said. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Theseeker123 said:

Thats awesome man! I was front row at the sound academy in toronto in 2013 and Beta was out right in front of us! Just said Hey Beta!!! lol

haha that's cool, it's always nice to see them engaging with fans. Fernando just looked relaxed and relieved. I can't imagine the number of hurdles they jumped to get those two shows accomplished. I mean outside of the foot, there has to be things that pop up hourly with this band that drives you nuts. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

BTW, I almost, almost, almost caught the mic on Saturday.  There was a dude right in front of me with his gf on his shoulders that basically had it hit her right in the hands.  She missed it, it hit the floor and it kicked like 5' to my left.  If it would have went the other direction it would have hit me in the damn feet.  The guy that got it was within 10' of me.  He had it right in front of me. It was cool hearing people say 'Let him have it! Let him have it!' once he had it, but I'll be damned if I didn't wanna grab the fucking thing out of his hand soooo badly.

Also saw some guy get knocked the fuck out with an unintentional flying elbow during PC.  Dude was completely done.  Also cool watching the people around chill out for a sec and help security get the guy up and out.

Uhhhhh though.  So close to that mic! Gonna replay that 15 seconds in my head for the rest of my damn life.  Crappers.

The same dude caught the mic friday and saturday :o Well, at least you have one already :lol:

• Like 1

I wanna time it to check at some point, but I think the intro scream might even be longer than Germany 2006

I think this one was even more impressive.

06 was just a straight up belt then came down from the start. This one had Axl go way up high and then come all the way down to the same level at Rock Am Ring, the amount of breath and vocal control to do that and not sound like a dogs dinner when the actual song started is so impressive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gnr5 said:

I was going to walk over to the Delano but I decided to walk the strip instead, did any of them stop to talk to the people there at all? In other words, did I make a mistake not going there?

Duff stopped by and talked to people. So did Frank, who seems to be an incredibely nice person. Took a pic with him.

slash didnt stop the two times i saw him.

12 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Duff stopped by and talked to people. So did Frank, who seems to be an incredibely nice person. Took a pic with him.

slash didnt stop the two times i saw him.

Did you get one with Duff? Did Duff answer anything in regards to Izzy/Steven?

Listening to the show for the 3rd time today. The dude behind me doing the guitar step down at the beginning of Brownstone is priceless. Then when the solo starts and he's like "SLASH!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! YEAHHHHHHHH!" :lol: I also absolutely ADORE the 4:54 mark of Slash's solo in Better.

20 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

Did you get one with Duff? Did Duff answer anything in regards to Izzy/Steven?

Theres one where i am standing behind duff. Guess i was to starstruck to ask him.

No, he didnt talk about that kinda stuff. It wasnt more than maybe 20secs where he stopped before he went to his car.