04/09/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

RussTCB

11 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

Wow!!! That was perfect! 

Ok, I know everybody hates the subject....but cant help it.....did Axl had a recent face surgery or something? Like anybody would know, but he looks kinda, well, weird again. 

No I think he was drinking pretty heavily yesterday. He even had Stella beer on his piano yesterday while singing November rain. I think it's the face of a guy who drank too much but he might have done something like Botox. I just noticed the beer 

13 minutes ago, Torb said:

Man I'm a huge fan of them too, don't get me wrong. Speaking of Ron, I'm talking about the execution itself...he's clearly a better live musician and more technical. He sounded more neat on all of his solos, that's a fact. Slash obviously has his tone and his personal style, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Again, I'm not bashing at Slash and Duff. Just stating what was right about this band in the past years.

PS: Izzy is my favourite Gn'R guitarist ever, I call him "the Guns" in Gn'R name :P 

Yeah I can somehow understand from where you're coming. 

But man this is like if Led Zep had only Robert Plant for 23 years and he hired everyone new who just messed up the songs and if Page comes back, then obviously Page is supposed to play his solo's.

But well everyone has their own taste. Till now Slash and Duff did an amazing job on better and CD. They have made it better. But on TIL I do prefer Robin's and Ashba's version. 

I hope Slash takes times and makes some changes to the TIL solo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Caraibes said:

I agree.

Seriously, FORTUS is waaayyy too talented to be just "the guy behind Slash"... fuck that! Fortus is the best guitar player Slash has ever worked with in his entire career in  a band situation.

Richard is as good as Slash, He's been in the band for 15 years and the guy is a larger than life spectacle onstage : killer sound, killer stage presence, just killer.

It should be a 50/50 between Slash and Fortus because they are just as good as each other.

Well, it seems like they are splitting the CD material which is what you'd expect and Slash gets everything he wrote and the Godfather. But to say Fortus is the best guitar plaeyer Slash has ever worked with is a bit of a stretch

40 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Lol. You guys are funny. 

I'm as happy as anybody that the boys are back together. And the footage I've seen has been magnificent.  

But crying and best night of a fan's life? And nobody knows what Axl and Slash are thinking. Maybe Axl is smiling because he knows each show he is banking a million bucks.  Maybe he is having a blast. To say that you can see the love and energy for the two from the look in their eye......that's sounding like Justin Bieber fandom stuff. 

Seriously if you can't tell the difference you're clearly very poor in the pivotal skill that is the ability to recognize other people's emotions. That's too bad. It is very useful in life.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I think I missed something. From what I am now seeing Guns is full of aliens who had plastic surgery.

I guess that would explain why "Axl" and "Slash" are getting along again. Mystery solved.

Lol :D and who knows what the " foot surgery" really was about....I think it has something to do with aliens aswell. 

1 hour ago, Caraibes said:

I agree.

Seriously, FORTUS is waaayyy too talented to be just "the guy behind Slash"... fuck that! Fortus is the best guitar player Slash has ever worked with in his entire career in  a band situation.

Richard is as good as Slash, He's been in the band for 15 years and the guy is a larger than life spectacle onstage : killer sound, killer stage presence, just killer.

It should be a 50/50 between Slash and Fortus because they are just as good as each other.

Fortus is way ahead Slash as a guitarist. Point is that Slash is the legendary lead guitar for Gn'R.

More than 50/50, I'd say 70/30. That would be fair imho. Richard could take some minor solos, like the second one in NR and stuff like the end of PC as you said.

1 minute ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Listening to @RussTCB MP3 bootleg shared in this thread.  Estranged sounds phenomenal.  It's 1992 all over again.

Richard Fortus is a rhythm guitarist when Slash is on stage.  Simple as that.  Slash plays all the solos he wrote.  Let Richard play the solos he wrote, oh wait...

Slash plays also Robin's stuff that he didn't wrote, so what's the point? 

2 minutes ago, Torb said:

That most people can live with the fact that Robin is not there to play his own solos, however, Slash is there to play his own solos, and when you have him on stage, he gets to play them, not session musician Richard Fortus.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Torb said:

You think Slash would have played Robin's stuff if Robin himself was on stage with him? 

Like that Fortus din't contribute anything to CD, just one section of better before the solo was composed by Fortus in the whole Album, Pitman played the acoustic guitar in If the world which is more than what Fortus contributed, then that means we should call Pitman?

When the Legend Slash himself is there, then Fortus should just stick to the rhythm. 

3 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

That most people can live with the fact that Robin is not there to play his own solos, however, Slash is there to play his own solos, and when you have him on stage, he gets to play them, not session musician Richard Fortus.

Well said bro. 

Just now, Carlycosmos said:

Hahaha tomorrow after work I will do some GNR CSI and photoshoping! :rofl-lol: I hope you had a great time in Vegas btw!! :)

Tag me when you post it.

I was not in Vegas lol, but I did watch the live stream like most of you thanks to Fede! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

You think Slash would have played Robin's stuff if Robin himself was on stage with him? 

Like that Fortus din't contribute anything to CD, just one section of better before the solo was composed by Fortus in the whole Album, Pitman played the acoustic guitar in If the world which is more than what Fortus contributed, then that means we should call Pitman?

When the Legend Slash himself is there, then Fortus should just stick to the rhythm. 

Well said bro. 

And I said, I get it.
But if Slash plays Robin stuff, perhaps he could also leave 2 or 3 minor solos to Richard. That would be a good deal.

Just now, Torb said:

And I said, I get it.
But if Slash plays Robin stuff, perhaps he could also leave 2 or 3 minor solos to Richard. That would be a good deal.

And the answer to that is a big-ass NO.  Good deal is what we already have.  I say, get Robin Finck as a guest in the upcoming shows and let him play his This I Love solo.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Tag me when you post it.

I was not in Vegas lol, but I did watch the live stream like most of you thanks to Fede! 

Oh!! I thought you were going, sorry. I watched Fede's streaming too. And he (Fede) told me he will join the forum LOL! So will you have to wait for the european tour too @Slash787? Let's hope they come to Europe... This tour is epic...

Just now, Hollywood Gunner said:

personally id be a bit pissed off if i was at a show and slash didnt play all the stuff he wrote... kinda like if axl didnt sing all the stuff he wrote

At least he could leave the CD stuff to 4tus, if he really cares about what he wrote

1 minute ago, Carlycosmos said:

Oh!! I thought you were going, sorry. I watched Fede's streaming too. And he (Fede) told me he will join the forum LOL! So will you have to wait for the european tour too @Slash787? Let's hope they come to Europe... This tour is epic...

Well I could have gone to Vegas if I knew about this about 6 months ago, I had already planned a holiday trip to Russia for end of April, so all my money went there. 

Yeah im waiting for the European tour or even an Asian/Middle East tour,  I will start saving money from now till October, if things work out fine then I will see them, I have to keep everything in my mind, the concert tickets, plane tickets, hotels etc etc. I basically want to hit 2 birds with one stone, I want to go to a city which Ive never been before and watch GNR too, so it would be really an awesome Holiday for me. 

I was basically planning to go to China or Austria for my Birthday in September, But I will cancel that, GNR is more important than my birthday at the moment lol 

• Like 1