Duff on why girls are the future of rock music (first interview since the reunion?/Crazy story about Freddie Mercury Tribute show)

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

Duff says people like Iggy Pop, Lemmy and even Bowie were/are keeping the rock spirit alive. They are more then the music. they are like figureheads. 

I remember there were kids in bands from the fourth grade on in the schools I went to. In those days they were playing "Gloria" or "96 Tears" and now, unfortunately, they're playing Offspring. (Laughs) So there are a lot of problems here but the tradition itself survives. That's where I thought Bowie was such a catastrophe. That's why the word "fag" has meaning, because it wasn't that the people who were faggy were necessarily homosexual. The people in these bands who were faggy were all chipping away at the tradition. The tradition can take a lot of abuse and ridicule but at a certain point, in a culture where it's a transplant like in Britain, you can kill it.

http://www.furious.com/perfect/carducci.html

7 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Lord forbid anyone should come out and oppress the male population by stating that women are good at something :lol:

They are good at stuff but I'm fairly sure he is influenced by being a proud Dad. The music scene has a way to go before we see female headed groups like Elastica, Garbage etc.. being very mainstream again alongside male peers (this is a Brit centric view but obviously there are US equivalents too). I don't know if we will see anything like the 90s again.

I will admit to being a bit out of touch about what is current (so willing to be told different) but the more manufactured acts still seem to be in favour as do solo artists when it comes to female music.

I don't have time right now to read the whole interview so thanks for the abbreviated recap!  

I met him at one of his book signings a few years ago, he's really just a cool laid back guy.  When I asked him if there would ever be a reunion, he said he would never say never.    I could be totally wrong, but I give him the credit for getting the 3 of them back together.  We'll get the story eventually, but  it would be nice if it was sooner rather than later.  

His newest book was an interesting (if weirdly structured) read. He definitely tries very hard to be positive, contemplative, and live life to the fullest and not let anything weigh him down.

His girls are the most important thing in his life and he is definitely all *GIRL POWER* in support of them.