04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

4 minutes ago, Estranged Fan said:
  • Has anyone heard about the set leak? I googled it and couldn't find anything, but this guy says other wise. He hasn't been wrong yet, but obviously he makes it clear it's not confirmed. Post the picture if you find it please!

there was a pic from the mexico setlist on april, 20th, which included perfect crime, etc. nothing special...

4 hours ago, weponsnflowers said:

It's Axl's bony hand holding the GNR cross. You can tell because of the rings on the fingers. One could look at this as Axl fending off the vampiric fans who wanted to see the band get together. So he holds this original cross logo, but at the same time still gives them the finger. Just to say "ok, you got your wish but fuck you anyway for it! I still hold the band in my hands!". Lol. Or something. What else could it mean? :D

It means "fuck the haters." Don't read too much into it...

Edited by MicEffecT

21 minutes ago, James Bond said:

There's that part of me that's going "please, not yet another cover" but all the same I feel like the timing would be right and it'd only be a one off. I think it'd be pretty darn cool.

It's Coachella. Given how shitty that audience was last weekend, I don't think they deserve any GN'R deep cuts that the diehard fans are wanting (Breakdown, Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, etc). But Prince is a legend and clearly meant a lot to Duff at least (possibly Slash as well). I have no problem with them doing a tribute, especially given the audience. 

The 360 is great for about 18 seconds. 

A couple of mins later I just wanted to watch it as a multiple camera production again without having to control a stick covered in Go Pros.   

At least we can use this technology to play 'Where's Perla.' 

My idea for the perfect evening..
The Coachella 360 live feed shows GnR performing an epic instrumental rendition of Purple Rain. After the highly emotional performance leaving everyone in tears, Axl announces ladies and gentlemen... Steven Adler! Crowd goes wild. They jump right into Rocket Queen. Halfway through Izzy unexpectedly saunters on stage. Crowd goes even wilder. The band triumphantly concludes the song leaving the crowd wanting more. Music starts up again, but no one recognizes the music. What's this? A new song??? It's the world premiere of Atlas Shrugged. The song and performance is so great radio stations around the country are bombarded with requests. Days later GnR announces a new album.

The End

Edited by passenger57
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

My idea for the perfect evening..
The Coachella 360 live feed shows GnR performing an epic instrumental rendition of Purple Rain. After the highly emotional rendition leaving everyone in tears, Axl announces ladies and gentlemen... Steven Adler! Crowd goes wild. They jump right into Rocket Queen. Halfway through Izzy unexpectedly saunters on stage. Crowd goes even wilder. The band triumphantly concludes the song leaving the crowd wanting more. Music starts up again, but no one recognizes the music. What's this? A new song??? It's the world premiere of Atlas Shrugged. The song and performance is so great radio stations around the country are bombarded with requests.

The End

You do realize this is Coachella, right? 

Most of the dorks there had no idea who Prince was before his death, what makes you think they will know who Steven Adler is?

• Like 1