04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

1 hour ago, AFGnR said:

I like how Axl is trying to add a little more rasp to Estranged. Getting there slowly, I think.

Yea it's way better! The last minute of the song after the "without you" part is still a little weak. If he would just nail that it would be perfect, he did it once in 2013 but I can't remember him ever singing it like this again 

from 8:13 to end 

Just now, the-estranged-girl said:

The real fans did not want to be in the middle of Coachella's hipsters...

no they didn't and neither did I. it's why I chose to take the chance that Coachella was not going to be a one off and waited to see if they were going to play elsewhere. luckily they did and i got to see them in Vegas where the fans were for the most part were the real-deal fans. I watched their Nightrain on youtube today and was proud to hear almost 20,000 people including myself singing along and loving and appreciating every prized second of a kick ass performance! :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

no they didn't and neither did I. it's why I chose to take the chance that Coachella was not going to be a one off and waited to see if they were going to play elsewhere. luckily they did and i got to see them in Vegas where the fans were for the most part were the real-deal fans. I watched their Nightrain on youtube today and was proud to hear almost 20,000 people including myself singing along and loving and appreciating every prized second of a kick ass performance! :)

Maybe the only good thing is that maybe, and I say MAYBE, GN'R was able to turn some hipsters into really good music... maybe some souls were saved hahaha

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea it's way better! The last minute of the song after the "without you" part is still a little weak. If he would just nail that it would be perfect, he did it once in 2013 but I can't remember him ever singing it like this again 

from 8:13 to end 

Try this one on for size:

Gives me chills seeing them do that in the rain.

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I swear it's being back w/Slash! they create magic together. and  Slash is so cute running around on stage in some songs to make up for Axl not being able to :)

"On the piano Mr Dizzy Reed" haha, just like the older days but he's never done it since...he didn't ever say that with NU-Guns when they brought this track back!
I wonder if Axl did a bit of watching on youtube of the old days when he was reconciling with Slash  as he's brought back a few nuances from back in the day! 
Love it!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

"On the piano Mr Dizzy Reed" haha, just like the older days but he's never done it since...he didn't ever say that with NU-Guns when they brought this track back!
I wonder if Axl did a bit of watching on youtube of the old days when he was reconciling with Slash  as he's brought back a few nuances from back in the day! 
Love it!

He did actually: https://youtu.be/O3o3U33vQuU

1 hour ago, MrSoftie said:

Try this one on for size:

Gives me chills seeing them do that in the rain.

I was just listening to that one! Great performance, that 2nd half is always interesting to listen to. Axl knows what the song needs and his voice is catching up so I expect a great performance of this song by the time the tour ends. 

The last minute of 2013 in that video is still the best I've heard that song finished but like I said he's going to keep getting better and the recent performances are the most complete of this song since the 90's

51 minutes ago, BreakDown2014 said:

Another great rendition of Coma

I remember hearing Coma on the stream from periscope and thought he didn't do very good but decided not to say anything bc it's Coma..but watching this better video made me realize how good it was. He sang in a higher voice on parts but it worked, it was just clean not weak, I'm amazed Axl has attacked this song the way he has during this tour. It really is an accomplishment to sing this song. Great job by the band on getting this into the setlist and not half assing it but going at it like they are 28 again. I'm really impressed by their level of work so far. I can't wait to see what the summer brings 

1 hour ago, cerati900 said:

Sorry people it mega file is amateur or pro shot?

thank u.

No, it's not pro shot. The only songs Coachella broadcasted on week 2 were November Rain & Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Jungle & NR on week 1), that's the only pro shot footage you can find.

2 hours ago, SD456 said:

Okay guys, here is the almost full show again, now it's on Mega. I will upload it to chinesedemocracy.com too.

https://mega.nz/#!HYYU3QgD!o_pxr39WLql1W9f6_uj24cWVaR84-05atNq7nzrw8_s

This is a video I edited from YouTube (amateur) videos and from Periscope streams, the only "ProShot" video in this one is the 360° video which is from the official Coachella stream.

Some songs are missing, that's why I said it is the almost full show.

Thanks man, can't wait to see it! :drool:

18 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was just being sarcastic about the whole thing. Most people doesn't give a fuck about Slash performing ChD songs, they come to see reunited Axl and Slash playing old classics. You can bitch about Slash ruining your beloved, underrated, nongeneric, modern songs from Chinese Democracy BUT my guess is that even Axl cares less than you do. peace

I ain't bitching, I have an opinion. I love Better's new intro, I love their rendition of CD. I do not like the new TIL solo one bit. To each his own.

I was all for Robin / DJ to respect Slash's work while putting their spin on the music - it goes both ways. The new TIL solo completely erase Robin's work. I happen to like that solo, that's all I'm saying.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, moreblack said:

He sings better sitting down though. 

*take 2* I disagree. He's if runs more than he can handle he'll run out of breath, but currently his diaphragm is compressed by sitting, which makes it harder (as any singer will tell you). You can see on songs like Coma and LALD be moves around quite a bit to open it up. It's impressive be has that much air to do 20+ second screams while sitting. 

11 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

*take 2* I disagree. He's if runs more than he can handle he'll run out of breath, but currently his diaphragm is compressed by sitting, which makes it harder (as any singer will tell you). You can see on songs like Coma and LALD be moves around quite a bit to open it up. It's impressive be has that much air to do 20+ second screams while sitting. 

On the other hand if he's got no cardio to speak of, even just standing while singing will get him winded, and then there will be no 20 second screams at all.

11 minutes ago, moreblack said:

On the other hand if he's got no cardio to speak of, even just standing while singing will get him winded, and then there will be no 20 second screams at all.

But on the other other hand, he'll have no choice but to do physical therapy for a while :P Plus you'll probably find he's been keeping fit with other methods. Like that cycling machine you use your hands to pedal.

After the past few weeks it's time to have some faith in Axl again ;)