04/23/2016 - Coachella

RussTCB

9 minutes ago, moreblack said:

At the same time, it's Slash and it's GNR, he's far from the only culprit, and they've always been far from the tightest band live. Going back all the way to the 80s, they've never been consistently tight like Metallica or Maiden. But people have always enjoyed the almost fall off the rails feeling of this band, warts and all. You'd get more note for note perfection from a U2 or Muse show.

No argument here.  The not-so-perfect aspect of them is part of what drew me to them in the 80's and I loved it.  

All I'm trying to convey is that it's a little messier than even what we're accustomed to from years past.  

13 minutes ago, moreblack said:

At the same time, it's Slash and it's GNR, he's far from the only culprit, and they've always been far from the tightest band live. Going back all the way to the 80s, they've never been consistently tight like Metallica or Maiden. But people have always enjoyed the almost fall off the rails feeling of this band, warts and all. You'd get more note for note perfection from a U2 or Muse show.

It's rock and roll. If I wanted to hear the album, I'd listen to the album. Their sloppiness was always part of the charm in Guns live shows back in the day. 

1 minute ago, Smokin' Cigarettes said:

All I'm trying to convey is that it's a little messier than even what we're accustomed to from years past.  

It definitely is.. Fortus and Frank need to drop the NuGuns twists on some of these songs these songs.. And for gods sake slow the shit down.. For every great performance there is a bad one of another song. It is obviously Slash is having a hard time gelling with this band at times.. The Chemistry just isn't there.. Hopefully something gets better. 

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

Slash is still getting used to the chord progression in the first half of the solo. Second half sounds really good. It's a different chord progression, Slash is improving, honestly the second half sounds mostly great to me, I could see Axl was impressed too, looking at richard after Slash improvised a really cool phrase.

He will nail every single Chinese solo given enough time imo.

I liked how he played it the first Vegas shows btw. CD sounds good.

19 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

That first line of Out Ta get me is classic Axl vocals, when they played it on the live stream I was getting pumped then when the screen left the stage my heart sank...I'm still hurt by this 

i felt like that too then again when I was watching the "official Coachella" feed on YouTube and I realized they were starting to play "Used To Love Her" and then they CUT IT OFF! I was like wtf this is ear coitus interruptus :P

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Can you upload it on a torrent page too? (dimeadozen. chinesedemocracy.com)

what did you tape it with? a mobile phone?

I didn't made any of the videos (I wish I was there :) ). 
I just searched for videos on YouTube and got the Periscope streams, then edited all of the videos together, also I've edited the audio, because some of the videos had muddy/flat audio on them, so I made those better a little bit.

And to answer your other question, I will upload it to chinesedemocracy.com too, but sadly my upload speed is very low. (200 Kbps max.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moreblack said:

And even then, they're killing it on most songs, so what if TIL's solo is improvised? I'm actually pumped to hear where he goes with it night to night.

True, it is going to be nice to see.

21 hours ago, k12 said:

I don't care how much Slash appears to be "into" the Chinese Democracy stuff, I am sure he is hating playing it

IMO I dont think He hates it. I dont even know if He hates it or not. But it clears to Me tht He's okay with it. Cause if He hates it He probably would never consider to play it N' They will even drop it from the list

On 4/25/2016 at 11:22 PM, Amir said:

I'm dying to see Slash play TIL so I don't want to see it leave. 

That song is going to be a monster by the Toronto show, Slash will have that fine tuned like a motherfucker.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zint said:

That song is going to be a monster by the Toronto show, Slash will have that fine tuned like a motherfucker.

Hopefully he'll have fine-tuned TWAT for Toronto, too ;) Though Coma would be a nice consolation prize as well...

If they play multiple London shows (which looks to be the case), then I'll have to make sure I'll go to all of them just to make sure...

3 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

IMO I dont think He hates it. I dont even know if He hates it or not. But it clears to Me tht He's okay with it. Cause if He hates it He probably would never consider to play it N' They will even drop it from the list

Slash is gonna make $15-20m just from this North American tour. Given his recent divorce, I can imagine he is a lot more willing to play anything and everything Axl wants him to play for that insane amount of money.

Slash's playing on ChiDem songs is solid (though, a little less shredding on that Better solo would be nice). I liked those songs before, but with Duff and Slash, they now sound even better.

Now, bring on some new music!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SD456 said:

I didn't made any of the videos (I wish I was there :) ). 

I wish a lot more REAL GN'R fans had been there. watching those people, most not even getting the greatness of this band, made me so sad. and then Nightrain plays and people think it's over and left! for the last songs there were so few left it broke my heart ( this was 2nd weekend not sure about 1st ) but  it really wasn't a surprise so many were there for the see to be seen aspect and as someone pointed out a lot looked like they were breaking their 10 o'clock curfew :/

• Like 1