Axl and the lack of new material

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

^^^

Why would Slash want to stop it though? it's his chance of ending it on a high note as well and it's a lot of money if they can appear to be a band that moves forward now. Will look really good for Slash and Duff. The saviors that after 20 years managed to get the ginger lunatic to do something the world actually wants and I agree that Guns got at least one more album in them, an Axl and Slash album will be enough imo.

The AC/DC thing is a good thing for Guns, it can invigorate Axl to do something maybe. Nothing has led me to believe Guns is not still priority 1. And that includes Slash and Duff too.

Nothing concrete to go by, I just think they don't want to fuck it up, chemistry still there and Slash and Axl are a powerful writing team, they can if they choose to work together, create another good Guns album, the excitement is there and everyone seems to understand the importance of it, I just think it looks bad cause the DC thing and first tour, chit chat later approach.

It doesn't mean anything to me. I think Axl is all fired up again. Still lazy, crazy, and insecure, but it's not the same Axl I agree there as well. It's an older, less crazy and chubbier version, he's having fun and Slash and Duff do have a profound effect I would say live. There's a chance they'll do it together, as much as possible, but the delays can be even worse.

In conclusion of this shitty, shitty post I will say that I think it's likely Axl will try to work with Slash and Duff and if it works well they release it but it will take a while to get there, perhaps even longer cause CD ll was ready 15 years ago and now, even if they use existing material, they still need to make it work in the context of this line up.

It's up in the air but it's still early stages.

The point was not that Slash would want to not do it, it's just a slight glimpse into what Axl has agreed to. This is it. It's Slash and Duff, no way back. Maybe it just don't really matter. If Slash and Duff get the panties dropping businesswise than why not? 

I guess the hybrid record could almost be normal. But CD II, the second half of chinese, is already done. Maybe a record is so far beyond being a particular line up at this point. Slash and Duff add parts and songs and it just gets bigger. 

But most are guessing a new era, new Slash led album. New music. I can't see them releasing Silkworms now put that way or anything like CD. Just from listening to Slash's version of CD you can tell it wouldn't be like that. 

But like I said with Axl off with his bit on the side and Slash with solo career and no talk about it, it just doesn't seem like it will happen. I mean what would make it successful. 10 mil sales? There's no platform to promote anything. Records just come out and disappear into the vacuum of itunes. I can't see them topping the old stuff. There's no street spirit or fame hyperbole, CD had some sort of mystery. The VH album was decent but didn't change much, same could be said of later day Stones albums.

But if anyone can Axl n Slash can, right? 

I feel like they have to do it to save rock n roll from execution by nostalgia. 

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 1:46 PM, passenger57 said:

Maybe Axl is like Prince - has alot of great material in a vault.

I had recently read a rolling Stones interview where Prince said he could care less about writing and or releasing more music. It made me laugh actually because he compared it to his lack of eating much. He said after 4 days of not eating your body goes from screaming feed me to being content without food. He said it's the same with recording.  He would rather do live and or intimate shows. 

Of course Prince is huge on people ripping off his music and or using it on youtube and other similar sites.

I honestly don't see Axl as lazy. So it's not that.  I think it could be more or less having what he feels is the correct group around him musically and creatively. Axl strikes me as the biggest critic of himself (along with being confidant in his way). Can you imagine being being a perfectionist and constantly hearing many of your fans complain no matter what you do? Why would he want to release another CD so fans can criticize and say how much better it would be with so and so.

If Axl is the egotistical a** many claim him to be then perhaps there's your answer. 

But then again I'm betting on the perfectionist in him. 

I remember back when he came on the boards and specifically gave everyone a song title from CD he wanted to discuss and see what people thought most just ignored that and questioned him about past band members and or personal stuff. Most didn't take the opportunity to discuss what he wanted and get perhaps some great information about where he was musically. It also ended up being the last or one of the last times he came around the forums to our knowledge to talk with us fans.

Anyway I think if things go well we will get a new album. If it feels right for them they will do it. Remember DJ said last year they were working on the album as far as he understood. Of course we now know Slash and Duff came back in the picture shortly after or around that time.

I think Axl succeeding like he is at the moment without the involvement of Slash or any of the other guys from GNR is the best thing that could happen to him. He always had all the critics saying he couldn't make it without the original guys in general and Slash in particular. Maybe after this he will feel like he has proved himself, leading to him feeling confident enough to let more originals in the band (Izzy!) and/or record with Slash. Just speculating... Btw so happy for the guy! 

21 hours ago, Strange Broue said:

Good thoughts

Before the BBC interview with Angus and Axl, i thought we've got a stronger chance than ever to hear new music from him with GNR.

After the interview, i got the impression that he is much more happy with a "new" band, than his own band and he is willing to stay with them on the long term and occasionaly do tour legs with GNR without any new music.... In fact, i think we will hear a new AC/DC record with Axl on board sooner than we hear a new GNR record with Axl, Slash, Duff

I don't think for one minute Axl is just gonna let GnR go. He fought tooth and nail and suffered many fans raging opinions for a few decades now.

Without us knowing if other members are willing to record we won't know. We all say Axl this or that but not much mention of rather Slash and or Duff want to do this.

We know Slash has obligations with his band who are currently writing their next music in which Slash will then go by himself and record his parts. Before the reunion was announced Slash said his band would tour their new album.

Duffs Hollywood vampires are getting ready to tour. Which someone else is filling in for Duff due to GnR tours I believe.

Axl is now helping ACDC out. That came after Slash's obligations to his band. So why not. 

Is Slash open to a new album? Does Slash want longterm when he has a band and obligations? You will all say but of course and why wouldn't he more money etc etc but just as Axl isn't going to throw away his band members like Fortus who have been with him Slash may not be willing to devote needed time right now. 

Perhaps they're waiting on Izzy unlikely but I threw it in there for the lolz. I love Izzy don't get me wrong but don't believe it would stand still without him.

Perhaps they are waiting for Steven to stay clean for a very s very significant period. Again doubtful.

Perhaps Axl got tired of people telling him CD isn't a Guns album and how Axl could and should make an album without guns but that it wouldn't sale as much. Now he's got a chance to do just that make an album outside of guns and with a huge band. He's in Rock God mode looking down on the naysayers like f*** y**. This one is slightly funny but probably not true though he may be lol at the naysayers now. Or maybe it is 

Or perhaps he sees a great opportunity to do both. If Slash can he can. Likely true

Likely we as fans must face they just started playing together again and give them some time to see how that works. You can't just erase decade of hate in a few shows. Like all sides are taking it one day at a time.

This post is super long sorry

Edited by BOSSY78
added

6 hours ago, wasted said:

The point was not that Slash would want to not do it, it's just a slight glimpse into what Axl has agreed to. This is it. It's Slash and Duff, no way back. Maybe it just don't really matter. If Slash and Duff get the panties dropping businesswise than why not? 

I guess the hybrid record could almost be normal. But CD II, the second half of chinese, is already done. Maybe a record is so far beyond being a particular line up at this point. Slash and Duff add parts and songs and it just gets bigger. 

But most are guessing a new era, new Slash led album. New music. I can't see them releasing Silkworms now put that way or anything like CD. Just from listening to Slash's version of CD you can tell it wouldn't be like that. 

But like I said with Axl off with his bit on the side and Slash with solo career and no talk about it, it just doesn't seem like it will happen. I mean what would make it successful. 10 mil sales? There's no platform to promote anything. Records just come out and disappear into the vacuum of itunes. I can't see them topping the old stuff. There's no street spirit or fame hyperbole, CD had some sort of mystery. The VH album was decent but didn't change much, same could be said of later day Stones albums.

But if anyone can Axl n Slash can, right? 

I feel like they have to do it to save rock n roll from execution by nostalgia. 

But why does it have to change anything? Music business is totally different today. I'm not saying it's not possible, just don't know if record sales really mean all that much anymore.  

As for what the new material might be like, that's anyone's guess. Its mystique would be the reunion with Slash. The "Slash is back" album so to speak. That alone is a huge feature to a lot of people you would think.

Who really knows. I'll be happy with anything if we get it. It does seem like if you are going to do something, now would be a good time. But then again with Axl's comments recently about a possible tour after the American Dates, they could be spacing this out over a 2-3 year period so what's the rush right now if you've already waited 25 years. 

Edited by Sprite

9 hours ago, Sprite said:

But why does it have to change anything? Music business is totally different today. I'm not saying it's not possible, just don't know if record sales really mean all that much anymore.  

As for what the new material might be like, that's anyone's guess. Its mystique would be the reunion with Slash. The "Slash is back" album so to speak. That alone is a huge feature to a lot of people you would think.

Who really knows. I'll be happy with anything if we get it. It does seem like if you are going to do something, now would be a good time. But then again with Axl's comments recently about a possible tour after the American Dates, they could be spacing this out over a 2-3 year period so what's the rush right now if you've already waited 25 years. 

Because to come back after 25 years and release something that doesn't impact doesn't seem very GNR. Even CD has its place. Chi dem, This I Love, Better, TWAT. What I mean by change is produce some songs that define the era. Like Steel Wheels had Start Me Up? I can't think of anything off DKOT that impacted. It's GNR we need hits or some songs that matter. They can't realease a nothing album, it would be sad. Early GNR had a lot of spirit and balls, CD sort of chronicles the fall from grace. But this could be Return of the Sunset Strip. Or at least UYI III. 

CD was a tough sell but I think it happened eventually. There needs to be a YCBM, DC, Nov Rain at least. 

But I think they got it right with the feud era album and now Slash with the big come back. It will matter I think. It could be a valid statement, the Axl and Slash album. It seems like something Slash was trying to do with GNR all along. Or has he accept his role in Axl's GNR? 

I guess as Axl is rolling under the Not in this Lifetime banner it's not a reunion tour and album. 

So it could be a hybrid album with Slash featured heavily. 

Edited by wasted
Extendation
  • Like 1

For a new album you gotta think Izzy would have to be involved.  He and Axl's songwriting ability would be crucial for a new album. That or create a new album with the previous unreleased material from the bygone days. Either one would be great. You would think if they were going to release a new album some of this stuff would be played live on this tour. Though I think a new GNR album would sell itself. 

There are 2 reasons why there hasn't been any good music from Axl in 25 years.

1. His musical direction after UYI sucked big time. He became a follower of shitty trends instead of a leader and doing what he knew best.

2. He hasn't had a band in over 25 years. All he has had until now are hired slaves. That shit will never work.

Had Axl not been obsessed with "reinventing the wheel" ,and not been such a dictator, we would have gotten some kick ass songs over the years.

• Like 1

I'm happy the reunion is happening and all but I really wish the '02 lineup would've finished their tour and released CD that year. I could see a timeline where Buckethead, Brain and Robin all stuck around and put out about three albums while carving out a little legacy for themselves. It sucks that things went down differently.

• Like 1

On 10.5.2016 at 6:36 AM, wasted said:

Because to come back after 25 years and release something that doesn't impact doesn't seem very GNR. Even CD has its place. Chi dem, This I Love, Better, TWAT. What I mean by change is produce some songs that define the era. Like Steel Wheels had Start Me Up? I can't think of anything off DKOT that impacted. It's GNR we need hits or some songs that matter. They can't realease a nothing album, it would be sad. Early GNR had a lot of spirit and balls, CD sort of chronicles the fall from grace. But this could be Return of the Sunset Strip. Or at least UYI III. 

CD was a tough sell but I think it happened eventually. There needs to be a YCBM, DC, Nov Rain at least. 

But I think they got it right with the feud era album and now Slash with the big come back. It will matter I think. It could be a valid statement, the Axl and Slash album. It seems like something Slash was trying to do with GNR all along. Or has he accept his role in Axl's GNR? 

I guess as Axl is rolling under the Not in this Lifetime banner it's not a reunion tour and album. 

So it could be a hybrid album with Slash featured heavily. 

In a way, I think the main themes are pretty much similar throughout all Gn'R albums, and the nu themes are kinda general, like Catcher, Shackler's, Chinese Democracy, Riad, If The World and love ballads.

I think now, instead of the defying manner Axl has tackled the past of the band and his failed relationships, he could replace that with something else that reflects his personality and is relevant to how he views certain things currently and Slash needs to find a way to adapt to that. Based on how he played on Chinese the song live, it is obvious he can take it to a Guns place since his sound is pretty much it (again in a way)

I don't know if it's more difficult now compared to when they tried to make another album after UYI. At least now there's a lot of material but there needs to be a strong will to make another artistic statement for Axl. There is enough to gain maybe not commercially, but there is enough there to try. Frankly it will be pathetic if they don't at least try.

Edited by Rovim

7 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

I'm hoping that touring with ACDC will get Axl back to an Appetite state of mind and he will be inspired to knock out an old school album w/ Slash.

Out of likes but I agree with this, times a hundred! 

2 minutes ago, passenger57 said:

I'm hoping that touring with ACDC will get Axl back to an Appetite state of mind and he will be inspired to knock out an old school album w/ Slash.

After hearing Axl on the AC/DC songs that's what I'm hoping for now. We know the rasp is still there and that's when he sounds amazing so he might as well use it. I'm sure slash can come up with great riffs and let us hear that voice with GNR. 

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

In a way, I think the main themes are pretty much similar throughout all Gn'R albums, and the nu themes are kinda general, like Catcher, Shackler's, Chinese Democracy, Riad, If The World and love ballads.

I think now, instead of the defying manner Axl has tackled the past of the band and his failed relationships, he could replace that with something else that reflects his personality and is relevant to how he views certain things currently and Slash needs to find a way to adapt to that. Based on how he played on Chinese the song live, it is obvious he can take it to a Guns place since his sound is pretty much it (again in a way)

I don't know if it's more difficult now compared to when they tried to make another album after UYI. At least now there's a lot of material but there needs to be a strong will to make another artistic statement for Axl. There is enough to gain maybe not commercially, but there is enough there to try. Frankly it will be pathetic if they don't at least try imo.

Definitely Catcher is different territory. Axl has done 3rd person before. But maybe not so full on as Shackler's but it is just telling the media to go to hell again. Like it wasn't hot enough the first time. 

Chi dem, Riad are like Civil War in a way. Riad is about the guy who inspired Civil War? 

If the World is kind of like another cersion of Heaven's door. 

The real different theme is telling all the people who wronged him to go fuck themselves. Like his response to unrequited love? Better, SOD, Twat, Sorry, Madagascar, Prostitute might be over. 

So I think we will always get out ta get me and socio political stuff like  the Indo prez drug mule plea song. 

But then with no drinking n drug addiction songs it's how to write with Slash on his rockers. I think Slash was doing very GNRsounding stuff on his last solo. Beneath the Savage Sun had a kind of Axl topic lyric style. Axl can always find something to rant about for a track or two. I would expect a pretty heavy hard rock album with Axl and Slash combining on the epics. 

World on Fiah with Axl on lyrics and vocal melodies?

• Like 1

On 9 May 2016 at 6:02 AM, Wagszilla said:

I've officially lost my boner for Guns N' Roses. 

I'm going to go to the show, it's going to be a great time, but I was always interested in Axl's vision more than anything else.

My favorite band was the 2001-2002 lineup but this reunion has put a nail in that coffin. Either Axl doesn't release CD2 and he likely does so by re-recording Buckethead, Robin, and Brain which will be just as terrible as him using Bumblefoot and Frank on CD or they release new which could be good but history dictates is often garbage. 

We shall see my friends. It's good to see Axl happy and a lot of the fans getting what they want though. 

Another theory is this is just the CGI blockbuster tour before they do what they want. Maybe Slash goes back to solo and Axl considers his options CD II or join AC/DC.

5 hours ago, wasted said:

Definitely Catcher is different territory. Axl has done 3rd person before. But maybe not so full on as Shackler's but it is just telling the media to go to hell again. Like it wasn't hot enough the first time. 

Chi dem, Riad are like Civil War in a way. Riad is about the guy who inspired Civil War? 

The real different theme is telling all the people who wronged him to go fuck themselves. Like his response to unrequited love? Better, SOD, Twat, Sorry, Madagascar, Prostitute might be over. 

So I think we will always get out ta get me and socio political stuff like  the Indo prez drug mule plea song. 

But then with no drinking n drug addiction songs it's how to write with Slash on his rockers. I think Slash was doing very GNRsounding stuff on his last solo. Beneath the Savage Sun had a kind of Axl topic lyric style. Axl can always find something to rant about for a track or two. I would expect a pretty heavy hard rock album with Axl and Slash combining on the epics. 

WOF was kinda trying to tap into the Nightrain vibe, Wicked Stone kinda like Locomotive, so yeah we can guess what Slash will bring to it, his solos on Chinese live sounded similar to how I thought it would.

The risk is creating something that is too similar to past work. I'm thinking a delicate balance between what makes it Guns and enough new themes that work.

What I think I mean by that is that more tales of drugs, media, and rock n' roll will not be enough, so maybe the only way to make it work is Axl still writes all the lyrics, brings a few epics from the vault, a few ballads so it's like UYI on that level, everyone is bringing a few ideas and you put it together, but if Slash on it will only be right to make it a rougher trip, more Hard Rock.

I think the fact they reworked the Better intro for the live shows is interesting. If Axl gives Slash that kinda freedom, and Duff as well, just to go back and bring it back home a little more, maybe musically the problem is not as serious as we think.

Songs like Jackie Chan I can't see released with Slash and Duff in the band. Does Axl have anything left to say in Guns other than what he already said with Chinese and what's left in the vault?

Seems like it's got to be a hybrid in the studio as well and that could go in many different directions or not at all. Are lyrics and themes the issue now, the production, or just the challenge of pulling it off and releasing it like always for Axl? nothing makes it impossible, but now I'm starting to think no matter how much material Axl has, 3 albums worth of material, still doesn't solve the problem of truly making it unified with Slash and Duff.

Edited by Rovim

7 hours ago, wasted said:

I was just thinking that perhaps Richard and Slash with Duff and Frank might be a good writing team to just work on new hard rock material for Axl to work on while the ballads are already covered and Slash just needs to fuckin' wail on those.

Richard mentioned the Slash tune he was working on not long before Slash was back in Guns, maybe in talks already or even in the band.

Maybe it's about what will fly for Axl. What is relevant, he seems to be into Slash's playing, the Indonesian president could spawn a song and that sort of shit can cover like 2 to 3 songs, I wonder if it's really that big of a deal the themes, lyrics, production and who really gives a fuck other than Axl as long as it rocks hard enough.

Tinkering and delays, making it timeless with themes that can sound fresh like Chinese and as good and grand without bitter shit towards the good old times. How difficult can it be for them if they really want to make it happen, not for money but for glory. Go out in a bang should be the reason and Art. Is it not the case anymore for Axl? I'm sure we'll find out soon.

Edited by Rovim

Even when NuGuns was in full swing they didn't tour that much. As in they weren't off playing 9 months of the year - they were a bit start stoppy. I think thats how Axl prefers to tour - go out and do a leg then take a month or so off. Its likely an age thing with the vocals as well - I know Steven Tyler requires Aerosmith to space out their shows for his voice nowadays. Even once in this lifetime has a break of 2-3 months after the first bout of shows (and generally a few days break between shows).

RE Stones - Doom & Gloom had some impact at least in the UK, you still hear it on the radio from time to time. But that was a stand alone single with another greatest hits collection. The problem is I doubt there is much appetite (no pun intended) for a re-hashed greatest hits.

For Guns a new record and worldwide tour will be huge - but unless theres a record already done its going to be too late for this collection of shows. The US summer tour is just over a month or so away? If you were going to do a record you'd want it to come out with the summer tour alongside it. First single around the end of May / Start of June with a second going to radio/Youtube as the tour starts. With Slash spending at least 6 months of 2017 on tour with SMKC Im not sure what else we are going to see from Guns after the tour goes to Europe (which surely it must do - although they will miss the summer season for festivals and mega outdoor shows). Whats the plan after a run of dates in the back end of 2016/early 17? I don't see there being one.

The sad thing is GnR have space in their sets for new material, there are only about 6 or 7 stone cold classics that fans would feel cheated if they didn't play (WTTJ/SCOM/Paradise/Night train/Paitence/November Rain/YCBM) -(Im talking about average punters here) so I think it could make a bigger impact than people like the Stones or Aerosmith or AC/DC putting a new album out. If a new album had come out for this tour and it got some radio play - dropping in a few newbies would of gone down well.

But you've got to remember the music world works in reverse these days - you put out an album to promote a tour not the other way around. This tour has been promoted by the Cochella reunion and the shows around that - good positive reviews on the whole - time for a big summer run. Our best hope is that after this dies down there is an album release to keep the hype going. Best hope Slash, Duff et al are in the studio at the moment!!

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It really is quite unprecedented how minuscule Rose's discography is. He is in his mid '50s now; your Stones, Aerosmiths and 'DCs were on their fifteenth -  twentieth album by then.

They were not as insecure and precious about their music or as difficult and deranged as Axl. It's also about control, being petty, egotistical, pretentious, and misguided but with good intentions and understandable circumstances. At least he was honest throughout it and kept his integrity.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Just now, Rovim said:

They were not as insecure and precious about their music or as difficult and deranged as Axl. It's also about control, being petty, egotistical, and misguided but with good intentions and understandable circumstances. At least he was honest throughout it and kept his integrity.

Do you want me to post the Budweiser commercial?

• Like 4

CD II is kind of a euphormism for a GNR album and yes we probably have to wait. 

CD II is done and there is 3 albums of material. You see what we are working with here is an enigma. 

What I like about CD II is that it had it's parameters. But yes maybe a lot of lyrics and themes are redundant once Slash returns and you are back on top getting 3 mil a show. 

I guess a reunion album would address the reunion. Or is that what Not in this Life time about?

No reunion, just moving forward. I would say accepting nostalgia and having a full blown mid life crisis is a great way to fuel creativity. 

The only new clue I have is Melissa and her link to the remixes. Maybe that is what we will get once Slash goes back to solo? 

But maybe take the best of CD era that still applies, old vault 96 stuff to get the old school wet, and new stuff. Like I said a self titled which covers all eras of GNR from AFD to CD. Call it Fuck em All to secure classic status. 

What fans want most is that AFD style rocker from Axl, Slash and Duff. Something like YCBM meets Eye of the Tiger. Also you need a ballad and a couple of epics. Then fill it out with Slash rockers and a couple Duff punk songs. Fortus gets the Izzy track. 10-12 tracks. GNR's Back in Black meets Pump with additional epics. 

The main problems seem to be deciding whether to re-record and who produces or stay with what they already have done. 

The other thing is to find the vibe that fits the new era, if there is one. Faith no more and VH captured that with The Problem with Never and Motherfucker. Fans also want to hear the sound that Slash and Duff bring and probably classic UYI rasp vocals. 

Bringing Clink back to record would probably be the best option. Clink was actually at the Troubadour show? 

Slash working on Axl songs, Axl singing on Slash songs. Clink produces. Duff slaps the bass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

CD II is kind of a euphormism for a GNR album and yes we probably have to wait. 

CD II is done and there is 3 albums of material. You see what we are working with here is an enigma. 

What I like about CD II is that it had it's parameters. But yes maybe a lot of lyrics and themes are redundant once Slash returns and you are back on top getting 3 mil a show. 

I guess a reunion album would address the reunion. Or is that what Not in this Life time about?

No reunion, just moving forward. I would say accepting nostalgia and having a full blown mid life crisis is a great way to fuel creativity. 

The only new clue I have is Melissa and her link to the remixes. Maybe that is what we will get once Slash goes back to solo? 

But maybe take the best of CD era that still applies, old vault 96 stuff to get the old school wet, and new stuff. Like I said a self titled which covers all eras of GNR from AFD to CD. Call it Fuck em All to secure classic status. 

What fans want most is that AFD style rocker from Axl, Slash and Duff. Something like YCBM meets Eye of the Tiger. Also you need a ballad and a couple of epics. Then fill it out with Slash rockers and a couple Duff punk songs. Fortus gets the Izzy track. 10-12 tracks. GNR's Back in Black meets Pump with additional epics. 

The main problems seem to be deciding whether to re-record and who produces or stay with what they already have done. 

The other thing is to find the vibe that fits the new era, if there is one. Faith no more and VH captured that with The Problem with Never and Motherfucker. Fans also want to hear the sound that Slash and Duff bring and probably classic UYI rasp vocals. 

Bringing Clink back to record would probably be the best option. Clink was actually at the Troubadour show? 

Slash working on Axl songs, Axl singing on Slash songs. Clink produces. Duff slaps the bass. 

It depends on the release window - unfortunatly this type of thing has likely been missed. An album called "Not in this Lifetime" should of been mostly written last year, recorded by like Feb/March 16 and be polished up by now in the gap. However its very un-like Axl to rush into recorded material.

But that type of record you could of had a few Axl epics, a few CD era songs redone by the current line up, anything Slash n Duff had knocking around and maybe 1 or 2 fresh numbers cooked up. Get a nice collection of 15 - 18 songs and put them together and pick the best 12. That could of been put out for the tour but then I suppose if they all feel its not up to standard its best to go hammer and tongs at an album over the next year or so and then do a 2nd tour with that to promote.

Maybe Slash is going to get the album to where he thinks it needs to be musically and then give it to Axl to do vocals and fuck with for 6-8months while he goes off and does the SMKC thing.

Just now, Rovim said:

I think the fact they reworked the Better intro for the live shows is interesting. If Axl gives Slash that kinda freedom, and Duff as well, just to go back and bring it back home a little more, maybe musically the problem is not as serious as we think.

100%. The fact that Slash was even down with playing Better for one thing, and like you said having the freedom to play around with it says a lot on his and Axl's side. Good signs. The rest is spot on too. I honestly don't think the music is any big deal. I think it's in them. It's just getting them to actually do it, that's the thing.

• Like 1