Axl and the lack of new material

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm watching this 'DC thing unfold and thought to myself, maybe it is 'Guns N' Roses', i.e. the problem is not inherently Axl but GN'R,

- He does interviews. He has done more interviews in two days than he has done for Guns N' Roses in ten years!

- He does band photo shoots. Axl's last formal band photo was 1991.

- He turns up to rehearses and soundchecks

- He sings better, will full rasp

- He seems to be willing to work on a 'DC album, if that is what 'DC want.

'Guns 'N Roses' have fucked the guy up the arse haha. We all assume Axl is captain of his ship yet more often than not the ship appears to be steered by Brazilians and rudderless.

well Angus is manning the ship over in AC/DC so what he says goes if Axl wants to be apart of it and he certainly can't go over there a give no effort either

with Guns theres nobody telling him what to do and the Brazilians you speak of are just kinda there and go with the flow...even though Beta is labeled a manager i'd be surprised if she was more than a glorified secretary....i mean shes an ex babysitter for crying out loud

so with nobody on him, hes become complacent and goes about it nonchalantly i guess...which is a huge disservice to the fans if you ask me. Axl needs somebody with a good business mind that can speak to him in way he doesn't get pissed off....but reading how many ppl were fired during CD idk if its possible LOL

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 2

I think this thread jumped the gun a bit. Give the guy a break. Axl has a hectic schedule ahead of him this year. Lets see what happens during the tour and when it's done. Right now, they don't need a new song nor album.  

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

well Angus is manning the ship over in AC/DC so what he says goes if Axl wants to be apart of it and he certainly can't go over there a give no effort either

with Guns theres nobody telling him what to do and the Brazilians you speak of are just kinda there and go with the flow...even though Beta is labeled a manager i'd be surprised if she was more than a glorified secretary....i mean shes an ex babysitter for crying out loud

so with nobody on him, hes become complacent and goes about it nonchalantly i guess...which is a huge disservice to the fans if you ask me. Axl needs somebody with a good business mind that can speak to him in way he doesn't get pissed off....but reading how many ppl were fired during CD idk if its possible LOL

Axl is at his best when he is does not have absolute freedom or power. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I agree he has done a lot more press for ACDC at this point then GNR. However he did tell fans that they are working on a GnR Euro tour. So we know that they will be touring more then just the announced dates.

We like to sit here and say Axl did this or didn't do that but honestly band photo shoots may not be his fault. We don't know. Maybe we will get one before the actual tour. ACDC is touring now which is why right now he's doing ACDC stuff. Give the man a chance when it comes time for the GnR tour.

The rehearsal part, I like that he said he now sees the benefits of it. With ACDC like he said he had to learn their music, he knows GnR. He also needed to work his voice out in rehearsals and get a feel for the band. In GnR he doesn't have to he knows the band better.

The rasp is different. I know there are some ACDC songs that are very hard rasp wise but honestly overall I think GnR songs are a little harder on the rasp. I'm trying to figure a good example on it, but its hard to do/ Best I can say is rasp is different. I know a few people who karaoke ACDC and none of them can do any GNR except my Michelle. I didn't understand it until they told me Axls voice is not an easy feat.I know karaoke is nowhere near this but it does show doing GnR songs are not easy. Its also vice versa. ACDC is hard as well.

I am up in arms about the music thing. I honestly want another GnR album, but I think we are jumping the gun here. We are all aware that Axl already has many songs to which he has put vocals to. We don't know that they aren't working on those and if I'm not mistaken Duff shared some things that make it seem as if they are.. Why must we only talk Axl here? I mean Slash is recording a new album with his band so why not ask why Slash isn't working on some of Axls vault? We have to take into consideration that knowing Axl has songs at his hand ready, and that in 2014/2015 DJ said from what he understood those songs were ready to be worked on and an album was being worked on(can't remember exact words). Axl is the one with ready material written with vocals on some, so lets hope the rest of the boys are putting music to it. Axl never said GnR wouldn't do an album, just he was open to do one with ACDC. Why not? The other members have their bands and outside projects. I think we are all hard on Axl. No one raised much of a peep when Slash band members said they are recording or before this tour was announced that he plans to tour his new album.

Lets also take into consideration they are just getting back together let them get a groove and see if this will work. Axl isn't going to just throw away GnR not after all he fought for with it. I think its great he's doing other things and something so huge. He will be more open to the other members doing theirs as well. Remember Axl wasn't happy Slash took GnR material to his Snakepit. Years ago Axl wouldn't have wanted them in any other band, over the years he has been softening on it. For the first time ever he gets to do something outside GnR.

Here's to a new GnR album and a new ACDC one as well. For the record if somehow he doesn't do a new album with GnR and does with ACDC and if it turns out Axls fault ie he just flat out refuses etc, then I will be the first to torch  him.

You are acting like 1998 - 2014 didn't happen (which indeed, I wish it hadn't) and that we do not have previous experience of Axl's modus operandi! During that lengthy period, Axl for instance did not release one formal band photo, and the amount of interviews he conducted can be counted on one hand.

This is what frustrates me the most. I think depending on the mood he is in at the current time, we could see something. Then again, I thought we would see it in 2000 after the End of Days interview with Loder. Then again in 2002 after they came out on the VMA's, and then yet again after the Hammerstein shows in 06'. I think Dr. Pepper needs to do something special again to get the fire lit. BRING ON SOME NEW STUFF!

3 hours ago, draguns88 said:

I think this thread jumped the gun a bit. Give the guy a break. Axl has a hectic schedule ahead of him this year. Lets see what happens during the tour and when it's done. Right now, they don't need a new song nor album.  

One album in the last 24 years. A couple years ago he said GnR had TWO finished albums ready to go. Eight years ago he said they were going to release CD plus 10 bonus tracks and do it all again a year later. 

What happened to those songs???

I would love to see Axl view a new album or two or three as a present or thank you to the fans who have supported him during his career. Some of us have been tooting his horn and putting money in his pocket for almost 30 years. 

How about putting those fans at the head of the "list" above the hassle of dealing with studios, personal dislike of recording, industry bullsh*t, etc. whatever excuses people come up with as to why Axl doesn't release more music. 

Yes, GnR has supplied us with a couple masterpieces. And no, Axl might not have any more masterpieces or iconic classics left in him. 

BUT that's perfectly OK!!! I think one reason GnR has sold so well and remained so popular is because their album filler songs are so great. 

It's ok if they don't have another Nov Rain, Jungle and SCOM in them. Fans would be thrilled with an album that was equivellant(so) to Nightrain, Rocketqueen, UTLH,  you're crazy, yesterdays, civil war, breakdown, locomotive, better and street of dreams. 

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are acting like 1998 - 2014 didn't happen (which indeed, I wish it hadn't) and that we do not have previous experience of Axl's modus operandi! During that lengthy period, Axl for instance did not release one formal band photo, and the amount of interviews he conducted can be counted on one hand.

Oh I'm well aware it happened. In fact well before 1998 Axl wasn't into doing interviews. As far as the promo band pics go I dont really see how he would there were so many that contributed to CD. They went through many band members over those years. I think if he felt it was more permanent he might have. My main point was everyone is always quick to blame Axl. Hes not the only band member here. Axls personality aside here.

Instead we get the why is Axl doing interviews for ACDC crap. I think eventually when it is time to promote GnR tour he may do one and likely with Eddie Trunk since he told him he would if he kept their last talks private until it was out.

Back to the ACDC band photo, many are taking it as a sign they plan to continue longer term with Axl. Which again is making fans upset if he does but  why shouldn't he be allowed to pursue other interests? I mean Slash for example is recording a cd with his band and from announcements in the past will tour his cd with them.  Instead you hear complaints of Axl might do a cd with ACDC. It just gets tiring I mean Axl has enough material they could record if they as a whole are so inclined.

As far as band photos with GnR I stand by what I said if he feels this will work and they have a great union we may get one, and it could be when they go on tour or maybe if and when they drop a new album.Then again it may not happen. We forget these guys are just coming back together, they are trying to see how this is going to go I imagine one show at a a time. Questions like is this the full band will we eventually have Izzy back, or how do you not make fans mad if you do band photos and Steven isn't there. As fans we aren't simple and we expect a lot. At the end of the day blaming Axl for everything just isn't fair which is what my post meant all along. Slash did his band promo photos when he launched the tour with his band for their new album. When did he do it before then?

Oh and I have been a fan through all the years including the 1998 and on era you mentioned. I have seen a much more level headed Axl, who genuinely seems to have left much of the past anger and hurt behind him.

@Apollo we dont know that they aren't working on them. I'd imagine if they are it will be a secret for a while. Perhaps an anniversary release or maybe something they tease around the US tour. It has been said for years Axl's vocals are already there, so other members could be working with material in the meantime. Nighttrain is in my top 5 songs of theirs bonestly.

4 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Are we really insinuating Axl is lazy?

Don't think for one second Axl is bowing down if theres somethin hes not happy with. Axl giving no effort would never be the case he always gives his all. We forget the history of GnR is much more volitile. Beta and her family aside Axl is not a pushover.

Have you even seen the interview with ACDC? He acts very much like Axl there. He dominats that interview, and humbly at the same time.

17 hours ago, passenger57 said:

Maybe Axl is like Prince - has alot of great material in a vault.

I truly doubt this. I don't doubt that he a massive recording library given he made the early NuGuns players record tons of stuff, but how much of it actually ended up being usable? CD with its mix of older sounding songs and newer ones to me feels like it was a struggle to get that album put together. And if there are many more finished songs, why haven't they been leaked or played live or licensed out for movies, commercials, ... like Axl likes to do?

If the material was any good, we'd have had it by now.

17 hours ago, draguns88 said:

Jumped the gun? Sorry, but I disagree. I agree that jumping on him and the band since the announcement of the reunion is rushing, but there isn't an ounce of jumping the gun when I consider his record during the last two and a half DECADES.

I wouldn't be taken aback if they released one or two new songs along with a new greatest hits collection, or a new live album, or something of that nature. But I'm still having a rather hard time imagining Axl and this band coming together in the studio, or even separately, to produce a new album of material soon. Once more, very happy if I'm wrong.

The no new material thing does suck, and earlier on in 2009-2010 it felt like we might hear some new material during the tours it never happened (mind you this was all internet rumor and leak set lists).

And you can't blame time or a "hectic schedule" for the last 8 years of no new material (minus random leaks of either remixed songs or nu-gnr memeber songs featuring axl) The buck stops with Axl. And no, I don't work for a record label so please don't come at me with that. It is well documented that the record label was drooling all over themselves in the early 2000s when they finally thought CD was going to be handed in. The record label will always accept new material from an iconic artist like Axl/gnr are, be it nugnr or current.

But having said all of that I think if there were more money to be made (by the artists) by album releases we probably would've had a new official album of some sorts by now. The real money is in touring. And this time around Axl isn't fucking around, he said "fuck it, I can make millions of dollars by being on stage with some of the old gang" Same deal with ac/dc. 

I'll bet if a major record label came to Axl and said "10 million dollars for all of your unreleased material" axl would take it in a heartbeat.

7 hours ago, Chilliconcarne said:

I'm sorry, but axl is the epitome of lazy. 

Couldn't agree more.Think I seen somewhere where it's the 25th anniversary of UYI .Well us fans have gotten exactly 1 studio album of original material from him during that span.Was hopeful of new material with Slash and Duff back in fold but I'm not holding my breath.Iron Maiden ,U2 ,ACDC countless others including Sabbath put out new material and could get away with playing shows singing songs that are decades old.Just look at a band like Pearl Jam how many albums they've pit out during that span and Eddie Vedder has put together good solo albums out as well

6 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

I truly doubt this. I don't doubt that he a massive recording library given he made the early NuGuns players record tons of stuff, but how much of it actually ended up being usable? CD with its mix of older sounding songs and newer ones to me feels like it was a struggle to get that album put together. And if there are many more finished songs, why haven't they been leaked or played live or licensed out for movies, commercials, ... like Axl likes to do?

If the material was any good, we'd have had it by now.

Mnay of the members said there was enough for 2 CDs Axl has vocals to and some that ex members and or current have put music to. There was also said to be tons Axl has scraped and or is still working vocally on. Axl himself said he already had enugh for another album plus with his vocals.

I imagine much of it was trying to find the right artists musically to add to the album, guitarists etc. Axl is a perfectionist. When he was with the Classic lineup and even the original he had a easier time with the music approval as he knew their sound. Whch is why I think we may get lucky with Slash and Duff being back. I like to look at it as him trusting Slash and what he brings for example. We know on CD there was so much artist contribution where as past CDs he was able to jjust use GnR. Slash was capabale of producin different sounds he wanted.

Being a perfectonist is far from lazy in fact its on the other spectrum. Can you imagine spending hours and or days weeks months on something that in the end isn't perfect to you, but probably is to everyone else to scrap it and start again and again. Everyone has said what a hard worker he is.

Now add in the last album you put out took so long and people critisized you and chose sides in the so called Axl vs Slash debate, just to put you and your years of hard work down. Yea I'm sure after all that the perfectionist in Axl was so eager to please. No likely he would have worked harder to perfect things. Even now so many want to say CD isn't GnR or be upset they play it in concerts with Slash. You can't please everyone.

43 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Mnay of the members said there was enough for 2 CDs Axl has vocals to and some that ex members and or current have put music to. There was also said to be tons Axl has scraped and or is still working vocally on. Axl himself said he already had enugh for another album plus with his vocals.

I imagine much of it was trying to find the right artists musically to add to the album, guitarists etc. Axl is a perfectionist. When he was with the Classic lineup and even the original he had a easier time with the music approval as he knew their sound. Whch is why I think we may get lucky with Slash and Duff being back. I like to look at it as him trusting Slash and what he brings for example. We know on CD there was so much artist contribution where as past CDs he was able to jjust use GnR. Slash was capabale of producin different sounds he wanted.

Being a perfectonist is far from lazy in fact its on the other spectrum. Can you imagine spending hours and or days weeks months on something that in the end isn't perfect to you, but probably is to everyone else to scrap it and start again and again. Everyone has said what a hard worker he is.

Now add in the last album you put out took so long and people critisized you and chose sides in the so called Axl vs Slash debate, just to put you and your years of hard work down. Yea I'm sure after all that the perfectionist in Axl was so eager to please. No likely he would have worked harder to perfect things. Even now so many want to say CD isn't GnR or be upset they play it in concerts with Slash. You can't please everyone.

You left out the fact that Axl was put in a unique position where he had all the budget available to him with apparently no strings attached. So the part of him bringing in producer after producer and countless of artists to add snippets or tidbits has little to do with artistic vision but rather being spoiled for choice. If you read Brain's recollections of recording the same drum tracks over and over for months at a time with little significant changes and mailing them to Axl with little chance of feedback or input, you do have to wonder if someone with a clearer vision couldn't have made this album with a lot less time and money.

And that's not taking away from most of the songs on the album which to me do show that they've been worked hard on (by Axl as well), but I do suspect they were the A-level material, and the rest of the so called unreleased songs are merely afterthoughts and tryouts by what was barely considered a band that had mighty big shoes to fill, still maybe a good B-side here and there like a "Going Down". And I would want nothing more than to be blown away with an amazing follow up album of unreleased material, I have my doubts at this point it's still going to happen and they'll just move on to a possible Slash/Duff co-written album.

Edited by Bumblefeet

5 minutes ago, Bumblefeet said:

You left out the fact that Axl was put in a unique position where he had all the budget available to him with apparently no strings attached. So the part of him bringing in producer after producer and countless of artists to add snippets or tidbits has little to do with artistic vision but rather being spoiled for choice. If you read Brain's recollections of recording the same drum tracks over and over for months at a time with little significant changes and mailing them to Axl with little chance of feedback or input, you do have to wonder if someone with a clearer vision couldn't have made this album with a lot less time and money.

And that's not taking away from most of the songs on the album which to me do show that they've been worked hard on (by Axl as well), but I do suspect they were the A-level material, and the rest of the so called unreleased songs are merely afterthoughts and tryouts, still maybe a good B-side here and there like a "Going Down". And I would want nothing more than to be blown away with an amazing follow up album of unreleased material, I have my doubts at this point it's still going to happen and they'll just move on to a possible Slash/Duff co-written album.

Im aware of some of what you said in reference to Brians work and or   opinions facts etc. I really think he had a vision but had a hard time figuring wwat fit it. I don't chalk it up to spoiled. He knew what he wanted to do long before the album was created which is why many say he and Slash had creative differnces. Axl and Slash are like 2 peas in a pod. Together their vision is unmatched almost.

My point was there is materail to work on. Axl has vocals done or close to I believe on many songs. Slash and the others could work on those and make a cd. Or they  can scrap it all (unlikely) and start fresh.

From my understanding Axl didn't end up much ahead from the sales of CD due to the prolonged issues (whatever they might have been or not been). Axl gave his reasoning for it and since many have always said Axl doesn't lie (Slash also said this while he and Axl had their falling out) I will just go with that. Quite frankly I don't care anymore why it took s long or why this or that. I only care going forward what they bring to the table and hopefully its a new release.

Partly I think it is releasing important albums that express what he wants to say. Seeing as Axl writes based on his life, you have to live and change to have something to say. Of course the band can throw down tracks but until lyrics are written and vocals added it's not a song. But a bigger problem is when you don't just go with the same again thing, and start looking at how do we make a new record that is something different and lives up to past glories. Because new GNR songs are going up against some great songs. 

So right now what kind of songs can they come up to be close to Jungle, SCOM, PC, YCBM, DC, Nov Rain, Patience, Coma, Estranged, Chi dem, Better, TIL not to mention all the other classics. 

There's material but how do you put it together so that it's a great GNR? Hopefully Slash and Duff can help Axl make these decisions. Not mention decide what they are trying to achieve with it. Remember this record has to rock like a motherfucker. No pressure. 

Then there's the record company. I feel like they stage manage the releases. They probably want a Best of cos it sells more and is less hassle than paying for studio time and promo. But surely with Slash back, if in recording capacity then that's a green light. 

mygnrforum.com delivers once again with the relentless negativity. :lol:

Honestly, I think I'm one of the few who are optimistic about new music. Think about it - if releasing new music depends on Axl's mood, then we've hit the jackpot since he seems to be positively beaming this year, and especially the last two months. If it depends on the record companies being his enemies or whatever, well, we have another stroke of luck - Slash is back, and the media adores him. Not to mention Duff's deep knowledge and intelligence about these things (and in general).

Axl's a perfectionist and Slash wants to get material out there as fast as possible - both aren't really great tactics, but together they can, and will, make something amazing. It's exactly what's been missing from the both of them through all these years. Axl has put out only one album in the past two-something decades and is constantly tinkering on new stuff and hasn't had that decisive push to release it, while Slash has been a musical factory, but a lot of his music sounds either too underproduced, hastily put together or a bit dry (i.e. missing some of the softer melodies that Axl or Izzy would bring in GNR). Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of both CD and Slash's solo stuff, but they're on opposite ends of the spectrum and need that something.

I think Slash and Duff, if they're interested and committed to Guns now, will definitely get Uncle Axl's ass in the studio and we'll get to hear the biggest what could've been in rock history.

All we need is just a little more patience. ;)

On 5/6/2016 at 7:42 PM, starlight said:

Maybe they have old incomplete songs which just need to be finished or rearranged

Maybe they do. Unless they decide to release something I guess we'll never know.

On 6.05.2016 at 7:17 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I'm watching this 'DC thing unfold and thought to myself, maybe it is 'Guns N' Roses', i.e. the problem is not inherently Axl but GN'R,

- He does interviews. He has done more interviews in two days than he has done for Guns N' Roses in ten years!

- He does band photo shoots. Axl's last formal band photo was 1991.

- He turns up to rehearses and soundchecks

- He sings better, will full rasp

- He seems to be willing to work on a 'DC album, if that is what 'DC want.

'Guns 'N Roses' have fucked the guy up the arse haha. We all assume Axl is captain of his ship yet more often than not the ship appears to be steered by Brazilians and rudderless.

Imo, the thing is Axl is incapable of doing anything if he's at the steering wheel and given full freedom. When GNR started, they had strong management and (almost) all the band memebers had a legal voice in how the band proceeded - also, they were at least sometimes sober. But Axl is a perfectionist so he doesn't like anybody telling him what to do. I think he was never truly capable of being a member of a band - he was born to be a solo artist with a backing band and that's the only situation where he feels comfortable. So he pushed toward it, step by step, by replacing the management and then the band with people who were his hirelings. Even at the time of UYI this process and its effects were visible - he got rid of Niven, passively controlled the recording process by apearing when everybody else finished and adding whatever he wanted the way he wanted. And by all evidence he was the reason (not his drugged band memebrs!) that UYI was postponed for so long - back when it was normal that bands released a record a year, they took 4 to finish theirs (just like now, they had most tracks written, demos recorded, etc, much earlier). But at that time the label, the band, the management had still some say - that's why UYI got realeased at all. That's why they went on tour (remember, Axl was not ready!). On that tour he slowly gained full control - cleverly taking advantage of any circumstances that he could spot. So he arrived at a situation he was comfortable with - a perfectionist in control. But this is a recipe for disaster - as many perfectionist tend to be, he is also very sensitive to critcicism and not really self-assured. And these two opposite forces - need for full control and his perfectionism - don't let him release anything. He doesn't want to relent any power but at the same time will never himself decide that anything is finished and ready for a release.

All this is not present in his deal with AC/DC - he is not the leader, he is a collaborator. He doesn't have more responsiblity than his own part so he feels safe enough to open up. And there's somebody who has a master plan and tells him what to do. Now, only if somebody could take that role in GNR...

All I know for sure is that if Guns N' Roses doesn't release new music after the 'Not In This Lifetime' tour is over, there is no way in the world we will see them playing ever again. They just cannot get away with another tour emptied of new music in the next years. It's impossible.

So Axl will have to think what he wants to do, seriously. If ACDC offer him a record deal, he should go for it. That's the only way he will put out new music quickly (sort of when he showed up in Baz album).

On 2016. 05. 06. at 8:24 PM, The Archer said:

For what it's worth, it is apparent that Axl himself is acutely aware of this. He's even willing to poke some fun at himself on this matter - notice how he jokingly compared the size of AC/DC's stack of albums to his own, in one of the recent video interviews with Angus and Cliff.

We can only speculate what the real barriers are in relation to him not releasing new music. In the BBC interview, Axl did allude to how difficult record companies have made it for bands. While this may not be a problem for most bands, this definitely seems to be a problem for Axl. Further, the circumstances around the release of Chinese Democracy, don't seem to have been entirely satisfactory to Axl, and we may never know what they were. It does seem though that they prevented Axl from releasing or wanting to release the rest of the songs he worked on. 

Personally, I don't think monetary success through album sales or pushing album numbers matters as much to Axl - seeing as how he's consistently showed a pattern of perfectionism in many of his activities, it seems that putting out a 'perfect' album or something that is worthy of GN'R's catalogue in his eyes is what matters to him. Of course, perfectionism doesn't mean that you get everything perfect - it can be a vicious affliction that mucks up all your best intentions and your most cherished ventures. Perhaps it constantly bedevils Axl.

If anything, I do think that there is a bright spot and that Axl doesn't seem to entirely dislike making new music. He just seems to have a whole lot more personal and other constraints around releasing new music. I do hope that most of those constraints that remain are mental, rather than contractual, or historical.  If anything, he seems to be happier and in a better place these days and many different things must have contributed to this situation. If that continues to be the case. let's hope that Axl decides to put out the music he made or wants to make, out there for us to hear.

Good thoughts

Before the BBC interview with Angus and Axl, i thought we've got a stronger chance than ever to hear new music from him with GNR.

After the interview, i got the impression that he is much more happy with a "new" band, than his own band and he is willing to stay with them on the long term and occasionaly do tour legs with GNR without any new music.... In fact, i think we will hear a new AC/DC record with Axl on board sooner than we hear a new GNR record with Axl, Slash, Duff

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

All I know for sure is that if Guns N' Roses doesn't release new music after the 'Not In This Lifetime' tour is over, there is no way in the world we will see them playing ever again. They just cannot get away with another tour emptied of new music in the next years. It's impossible.

So Axl will have to think what he wants to do, seriously. If ACDC offer him a record deal, he should go for it. That's the only way he will put out new music quickly (sort of when he showed up in Baz album).

I was under the impression the lead singer situation in AC/DC is still in no man's land... and that Axl is nothing more than a guest singer for the rest of the tour (and potentially for future tours), with Brian Johnson still the technical lead singer of the band, and main collaborator relating to at least any "studio recordings" (see link).

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/655251/Axl-Rose-ACDC-lead-singer-Guns-N-Roses-Brian-Johnson-deaf-cancel-tour

From what source do we derive information that Axl is anything more than a guest singer (i.e. that there's a real interest on AC/DC's part for studio collaboration together)?

Given that the doctor's order to Brian relates only to stopping live performances, I'd think it'll take quite a lot (at least immediately) to convince Angus and co. to remove Brian, a bandmate and friend for decades, from the studio process if he appears eager to continue with AC/DC in that respect.

Edited by Madagascar88