GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

25 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

On a radio interview he did way back in time a caller rang and said I love you to Axl. He said "please don't love me, it costs me a lot of money when someone loves me" :heart: It must have been after he split with SS and went to court on domestic violence. He does seem to put himself down a bit, the Golden Gods where he said he paid N Cage to say nice things & there are more deserving people than him. Then yesterday again saying he didn't know why people would want to come to see him which he's said before. Inferiority complex? Hard to understand that when he's got so many females swooning over him. He would have made a great teacher with the command he has over people, telling them to calm down when all pushing him for photos and on stage when telling the crowd off. So hard watching him doing that Q & A & knowing he's the same person that did that dive into the audience in St Louis, I wonder if he landed on the floor cos he could have broken ribs unless he landed on people to soften that blow. :o

after the childhood he endured an inferiority complex would not be out of the realm of possibility at all. also, being insecure he might have learned the behavior of being aggressive to protect himself. and there is also added in the mix his use of cocaine. I was with an ex bf for many years, he was truly a nice guy until he became a coke addict, then he became very abusive both physically and verbally. and another thing thrown in Axl has been quoted as saying about himself when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they`re right. :cry:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I'm glad to hear that @stella about things changing in some places at least.

I don't wanna offend anyone from the US, but some things that are common in the US, like declawing cats, routine circumcision of baby boys, cutting dogs' ears up to make them look more dangerous (don't know what that's called in English), etc... are really horrifying to me as well. These things are just complete violations of animal/children's rights in my eyes.

Anyway, since we are talking about pets, what's up with Axl's Twitter profile pic? Does he have a French Bulldog puppy now or something like that (that's what it looks like to me at least)?

And what's up with all the Chihuahuas? They keep popping up all the time in the Instagrams of Axl's entourage, but I can't figure out if they all live at Axl's place or if one belongs to Sasha, one to Vanessa, one to Beta, etc. Even Axl's animals are mysterious lol.

No offense taken, you're right. There's some really horrible stuff out there. And what's frustrating is that there ARE some states like California, which are trying to get rid of these things and then there are states that don't give a fuck and allow all of this and more. Just like some states are doing a lot more than others to protect the environment. The USA often seems like a bunch of different countries with different value systems to me.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

after the childhood he endured an inferiority complex would not be out of the realm of possibility at all. also, being insecure he might have learned the behavior of being aggressive to protect himself. and there is also added in the mix his use of cocaine. I was with an ex bf for many years, he was truly a nice guy until he became a coke addict, then he became very abusive both physically and verbally. and another thing thrown in Axl has been quoted as saying about himself when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they`re right. :cry:

This calmer, gentler Axl (which I am loving btw) seems a lot with just mellowing out with age. It's one thing to carry on like a madman in your twenties but in your 50s it would be pretty ridiculous. I have been listening to the Las Vegas concert and just the way he is saying thank you and good evening etc. I loved his craziness back in the day but this chill version is kinda a relief. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

I have a couple but still hesitant to post them. Not sure this is the right moment :P

I think it's possible the claim was issued some time ago and it's only now that the news surfaced because of his new acquired popularity. 

Im not expert but even if news and new pics of the shows are all over I think Google privileges cuantity of views, popularity and longevity of a web results so it would be hard for the new pics to compete with the amount of clicks, views and websites where the pic and derived memes have got since 2010. That's 6 years of a viralized content against a handful of months of pics that most of them are not really popular.

When I google Axl pics most of results are images from the 90s. Not sure a 2016 photo will rival the popularity of a 25 years old Axl, young and hot picture.

Unless it was Slash and him hugging and kissing.

I'd really like to hope that's the case; that this was some sort of bizarre NuGuns thing from a while ago that is just surfacing now.

There's a lot that goes into Google's algorithm but they do often tend to favor content associated with current news stories. Like if you Google the name of a current politician, you tend to get the photos from their most recent activities because the more current news stories turn up. Those stories are often crafted with SEO keyword optimization so that they *will* be picked up by Google and rise to the top of the search results, and it works.

When I Googled "Axl Rose" just now the first page of images gave me a mix of images from Axl in AC/DC and the recent GnR shows; some that appear to be from 2012 or so, with some very old photos interspersed. The "fat Axl" photos that are showing up are the ones from news stories on this debacle. A lot of the old photos appear to be attached to newer stories, as well - there was one about Axl becoming AC/DC's frontman that was using a 1987-8 picture of him. There's also one site, fanpop, that has pulled a lot of older images to the front page.

Point being, there were definitely some other ways to help the fat Axl image go away...

Edited by stella

2 hours ago, Axl_Fetish said:

1 hour ago, rock4eva said:

What I don't understand is that being an animal lover he wears or used to wear fur. There's great video of him signing a guitar while walking to the bus again with the nude head :lol: but he's wearing a big fur coat. I can only think it might be fake fur but with the amount of money he has I do wonder. Might be something to ask him while smelling his butt @MillionsOfSpiders or maybe after in case you can't hear the answer. :P.

I agree. Fur's just nasty. I read once that he was turned away from a club or restaurant in NYC because of his fur coat, which would make me think at least some of it has been real. I don't get it; fur's an incredibly cruel industry. Maybe it's all vintage fur - if the coat's 70 years old, one isn't supporting the current furriers (that's also why I try not to judge old people wearing fur - maybe their husband gave them that coat in 1955 or something).

I can't cope with people who wear fur. 

But then I'm not exactly a vegetarian or anything, and I know full well that the meat and dairy industry is really cruel. Even in the UK, where they have animal welfare laws for livestock, it's still quite disgusting when you go into it. 

I wear a leather jacket and leather shoes with leather handbag :/ 

That fur coat axl used to wear though, bleh, makes me feel ill. it doesn't even look good, just hideous. 

It makes me think of the dog meat festival in China and the shark fin soup thing in Japan. I read Ricky gervais Facebook too much :( 

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I can't cope with people who wear fur. 

But then I'm not exactly a vegetarian or anything, and I know full well that the meat and dairy industry is really cruel. Even in the UK, where they have animal welfare laws for livestock, it's still quite disgusting when you go into it. 

I wear a leather jacket and leather shoes with leather handbag :/ 

That fur coat axl used to wear though, bleh, makes me feel ill. it doesn't even look good, just hideous. 

It makes me think of the dog meat festival in China and the shark fin soup thing in Japan. I read Ricky gervais Facebook too much :( 

I know what you mean; I'm vegetarian but not vegan, and I certainly have shoes that are leather and suede in my house. I try to rationalize it by saying that at least with cows, they've taken a lot of steps to kill them more humanely, thanks to people like Temple Grandin (whose philosophy is basically, "if we're never going to stop eating meat, let's make it as humane as we can") and they use a lot of parts of the cow for different things that help people (like some medicines have beef content).

I do think fur looks really gross. I once had to interact at work with a woman who had one of those horrible fur wraps with the head and feet still attached and it really made me feel sick to realize she enjoyed wearing a poor dead animal around her neck. I avoided looking at it as much as I could but it seemed to keep drawing focus. 

I've had to unfollow certain accounts on Facebook because of the graphic things they post about the dog meat festivals and fur industry in China and dolphin slaughter. I know it's horrible and people need to know what's happening, but I just can't look at it every day.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, stella said:

I know what you mean; I'm vegetarian but not vegan, and I certainly have shoes that are leather and suede in my house. I try to rationalize it by saying that at least with cows, they've taken a lot of steps to kill them more humanely, thanks to people like Temple Grandin (whose philosophy is basically, "if we're never going to stop eating meat, let's make it as humane as we can") and they use a lot of parts of the cow for different things that help people (like some medicines have beef content).

I do think fur looks really gross. I once had to interact at work with a woman who had one of those horrible fur wraps with the head and feet still attached and it really made me feel sick to realize she enjoyed wearing a poor dead animal around her neck. I avoided looking at it as much as I could but it seemed to keep drawing focus. 

I've had to unfollow certain accounts on Facebook because of the graphic things they post about the dog meat festivals and fur industry in China and dolphin slaughter. I know it's horrible and people need to know what's happening, but I just can't look at it every day.

Same as me, it wasn't so bad on my FB until that dentist shot Cecil, and since then social media for me is a constant barrage of the women hunters, canned lion hunting, dog festival, bear bile farms, shark fins, tiger bones, sea world, shot gorilla etc etc 

It will just continue cos some humans are just scummy good for nothing's 

5 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Anyway, since we are talking about pets, what's up with Axl's Twitter profile pic? Does he have a French Bulldog puppy now or something like that (that's what it looks like to me at least)?

And what's up with all the Chihuahuas? They keep popping up all the time in the Instagrams of Axl's entourage, but I can't figure out if they all live at Axl's place or if one belongs to Sasha, one to Vanessa, one to Beta, etc. Even Axl's animals are mysterious lol.

Yes, that dog in his avatar is a French bulldog and his name is Mr. Blue. He gave it to Beta as a present. I think it Iives in the mansion as well.

Its not a puppy anymore so he should update his pic, lol. Vanessa once posted a pic of an egg holder carton destroyed by Mr. Blue.

I think the chihuahua's are all Vanesa's and probably Beta too.

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like how, when asked about tenderness, Axl immediately thought of animals and how they know when you're sick. 

He didn't even really think about it.

I'm glad he didn't look at the freak show whilst answering that. 

:)

That last sentence of yours has warmed my heart. Had not think about it. I'm still disturbed by the photo of those freaks and I'm kinda upset at Axl now but I know it will go away soon.

• Like 1

To comment on the pet thing...

Many of the communities around mine did the breed specific banning thing when it got popular to do so. My community was pretty slow to hop on that wagon and when they were asked to consider it decided it was pretty unhelpful and made stricter pet ownership laws instead. Things that would make living conditions better for dogs to keep them from becoming vicious in the first place and stricter requirements for owning dogs that are proven to be vicious.  Nowadays many of the surrounding communities are backing off the breed specific laws and reversing them as they realized it really isn't helpful. Especially as the wording "Pit-bull like" is a pretty vague description.

I agree with the sentiment that animals are very sensitive. I've known plenty of people who have had surgeries and were worried that their dogs would be too much to handle then find that while they are in the healing stages the dogs are really careful and mindful of them. Even high energy, rambunctious young dogs. It is amazing the bond we can have with our furry family members. And it is even more amazing how they can be sensitive to perfect strangers who are in a fragile state.* Registered Therapy dogs that go into hospitals, schools and retirement communities was quite possibly one the best ideas anyone had ever came up with.

*of course this is not all dogs and cats, some are as insensitive as humans can be, but all I've had the pleasure of knowing have been

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I like how, when asked about tenderness, Axl immediately thought of animals and how they know when you're sick. 

He didn't even really think about it.

I'm glad he didn't look at the freak show whilst answering that. 

I noticed that too! I imagine Axl's pets are probably pretty comforting to him when he's feeling down or depressed.

And yeah, seems like his animals are closer to his heart than the freak show  :awesomeface:

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

Yes, that dog in his avatar is a French bulldog and his name is Mr. Blue. He gave it to Beta as a present. I think it Iives in the mansion as well.

Its not a puppy anymore so he should update his pic, lol. Vanessa once posted a pic of an egg holder carton destroyed by Mr. Blue.

I think the chihuahua's are all Vanesa's and probably Beta too.

:)

That last sentence of yours has warmed my heart. Had not think about it. I'm still disturbed by the photo of those freaks and I'm kinda upset at Axl now but I know it will go away soon.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I have to say, I'm usually more of a dog person, but I love cats too and Axl's cats are absolutely beautiful. And yeah, they have claws :)

f6de6b681c6f11e2a64f22000a1f968e_7.jpg

8a3c08c7c3550f2323829c148723cb98.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I noticed that too! I imagine Axl's pets are probably pretty comforting to him when he's feeling down or depressed.

And yeah, seems like his animals are closer to his heart than the freak show  :awesomeface:

I've seen just the first 5 minutes of that video but I loved the WTF look Axl gave after the "tenderness question" :shock:, like "have you lost your damn mind?" haha

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

"please don't love me, it costs me a lot of money when someone loves me"

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: You gotta love Axl....oh wait....

9 hours ago, rock4eva said:

Might be something to ask him while smelling his butt @MillionsOfSpiders or maybe after in case you can't hear the answer. :P.

I wonder if he smells heavily of aftershave like some men are overpowering but as nobody has said anything I guess he doesn't smell like anything.

Omg, have we really reached the point where smelling Axl is being discussed? :smiley-confused2:

Getting into conversations about animal abuse and mistreatment is major hipocricy on our part, especially if we condone people's actions as if we're on some moral high ground as opposed to them. Yes, the government and the food and fashion industries treat animals like shit, but we are the consumers, we are the ones who create a market for those products. It's like soldiers - yes, they "follow orders" and "protect their country", but if there were no soldiers, then there wouldn't be wars - simple as that. Governments are afraid and have no way to control the masses if the masses just refuse to obey. In the case of meat and fur, shaming people who eat and wear it and trying to preach veganism is just as ugly as the way animals are slaughtered from my perspective. It's another way to run from the problem instead of facing it, whilst creating more and more hatred amongst ourselves. The answer is always in the middle - reduce the produce as much as possible, use synthetic materials resembling fur while still using fur at higher prices, incorporate a system of restricted access to meat products per customer, get rid of all the chemicals used for war and the black market drugs and create more anaesthetics to put animals to sleep instead of skinning them alive, etc.

And yeah, Axl's cats are lovely.

• Like 1

Axl's cat's fur would make a nice jumper. Lovely colour and looks soft.

Yes when he was asked about tenderness he seemed to make a face at the audience as they all broke into laughter. We'll have to wait for the video which should be more close up to see his expression.

4 hours ago, Lumikki said:

Thanks, I didn't know that.

I have to say, I'm usually more of a dog person, but I love cats too and Axl's cats are absolutely beautiful. And yeah, they have claws :)

f6de6b681c6f11e2a64f22000a1f968e_7.jpg

8a3c08c7c3550f2323829c148723cb98.jpg

I like dogs better too :) but his cats are gorgeous. Does anyone what's their breed? Not sure if that's the word for race of animals.

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

I've seen just the first 5 minutes of that video but I loved the WTF look Axl gave after the "tenderness question" :shock:, like "have you lost your damn mind?" haha

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: You gotta love Axl....oh wait....

Omg, have we really reached the point where smelling Axl is being discussed? :smiley-confused2:

Haha :lol: yeah he was like "I'm a tough rocker, are you kidding me?"

Wait. What? Smelling Axl's ass? :blink:

I said I wanted to pull up his skirt and see SEE hi ass, not smell it! :lol:

1 hour ago, nonok said:

Getting into conversations about animal abuse and mistreatment is major hipocricy on our part, especially if we condone people's actions as if we're on some moral high ground as opposed to them. Yes, the government and the food and fashion industries treat animals like shit, but we are the consumers, we are the ones who create a market for those products. It's like soldiers - yes, they "follow orders" and "protect their country", but if there were no soldiers, then there wouldn't be wars - simple as that. Governments are afraid and have no way to control the masses if the masses just refuse to obey. In the case of meat and fur, shaming people who eat and wear it and trying to preach veganism is just as ugly as the way animals are slaughtered from my perspective. It's another way to run from the problem instead of facing it, whilst creating more and more hatred amongst ourselves. The answer is always in the middle - reduce the produce as much as possible, use synthetic materials resembling fur while still using fur at higher prices, incorporate a system of restricted access to meat products per customer, get rid of all the chemicals used for war and the black market drugs and create more anaesthetics to put animals to sleep instead of skinning them alive, etc.

I agree with all of what you said. I have fought hard with vegans before, lol, but not anymore. I'm carnivore although I've reduced my ingest of red meat a lot. I never liked fur so I don't wear it but in the 80s those fur coats Axl wore were very popular. My mom used to have two fur coats, one got the stolen, the other I don't remember. 

I love leather, I have a couple jackets that are stunning and a couple shoes. I admit I don't think much of all that because it is a burden I don't need in my life right now and I've learned there are hundreds of other things tested on animals or made of animal material that in order to not use them you'd have to create a world of your own.

All in all this topic is a bit heavy, just like religion, people get riled up so I'm staying out of it.

1 hour ago, rock4eva said:

Axl's cat's fur would make a nice jumper. Lovely colour and looks soft.

Yes when he was asked about tenderness he seemed to make a face at the audience as they all broke into laughter. We'll have to wait for the video which should be more close up to see his expression.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at your first line :laugh:

Can't wait for the video but yeah, when that stupid question was made Axl didn't know how to approach it and he said "I think by tenderness you mean sensitivity, right?" and talked about the cats but people laughed. I don't like people laughed when he answered the question in a serious way. And I guess the douchebag host commented something like "so the animals talk to you?" :wacko:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Wait. What? Smelling Axl's ass? :blink:

I said I wanted to pull up his skirt and see SEE hi ass, not smell it! :lol:

Well, I just said smelling Axl had been discussed, nothing more :ph34r:

Jesus, this butt discussion is really disctracting me from work :lol:

14 minutes ago, rock4eva said:

You can laugh at the comment as it's impossible to shear a cat and use the fur to knit with. 

But hey they could braid his cats so when he arrives home after touring his cats will look like him in 2006. :lol:

lol you're mean :P

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Well, I just said smelling Axl had been discussed, nothing more :ph34r:

Jesus, this butt discussion is really disctracting me from work :lol:

Damn it, I have so many Axl butt pics but they're NSFW. Not even sure they are safe for this forum :ph34r:

Maybe it's just me. But I find it odd or some kind of a contradiction. Axl has said things with Slash and Duff are doing well, things with AC/DC great. Yet when we see him (outside the stage) he is always doing things with his entourage only.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Padme said:

Maybe it's just me. But I find it odd or some kind of a contradiction. Axl has said things with Slash and Duff are doing well, things with AC/DC great. Yet when we see him (outside the stage) he is always doing things with his entourage only.

Maybe he's doing things with Slash, Duff and other "normal" people as well, only nobody has the need to record it in any way. :shrugs: (Or maybe it's just my wish)

56 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Damn it, I have so many Axl butt pics but they're NSFW. Not even sure they are safe for this forum :ph34r:

I kind of like being distracted :smiley-confused2:

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

Not much of a contradiction because he's talking in terms of work. Slash and Axl are coworkers right now, they're not buddy buddy like before. Fans dream of new pictures of them hugging, partying and going out together but I guess it won't happen. Each of them have a camp. Axl's one being the most bizarre, obnoxious and air-tight.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dgnr said:

That Andrei guy is hot as hell, there I said it :ph34r: Swarthy, bearded, long hair men, let's praise the lord for them :wub:

:vomit:

lol when I dislike the person I find them repulsive, even if they are the hottest shit in town.

• Like 2