How come Axl doesn't put ACDC effort into GnR? Disrespectful to fans?

Apollo

While we all are loving and admiring Axl's time with AC/DC, one has to wonder why he doesn't put forth the same effort with GnR? It's kind of a big F-U to the diehard and loyal fans that have supported him for decades. Some of us for almost 30 years. 

When is the last full band picture Axl has taken with GnR? But he can go to photo shoots with AC/DC?

When was the last band interview Axl did with GnR? But he can do them with AC/DC? GnR reuniting is  one of the biggest reunions in rock history. But he can't be bothered to do an interview, even not showing up for a scheduled one. 

Do we even need to mention rehearsals. He can show up to a reported 20 rehearsals with ACDC but can't be bothered to rehearse with GnR?

And now Axl is able to show up and kick ass.....on time? So those three hour late starts for GnR.....

Fans have always defended or given Axl a break about no interviews and no pictures (he doesn't owe us anything) and no rehearsals or showing up late.  "That's just how Axl operates, deal with it."

Why is Axl willing to do all those things with his side gig, but not with his baby, GnR?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Apollo said:

While we all are loving and admiring Axl's time with AC/DC, one has to wonder why he doesn't put forth the same effort with GnR? It's kind of a big F-U to the diehard and loyal fans that have supported him for decades. Some of us for almost 30 years. 

When is the last full band picture Axl has taken with GnR? But he can go to photo shoots with AC/DC?

When was the last band interview Axl did with GnR? But he can do them with AC/DC? GnR reuniting is  one of the biggest reunions in rock history. But he can't be bothered to do an interview, even not showing up for a scheduled one. 

Do we even need to mention rehearsals. He can show up to a reported 20 rehearsals with ACDC but can't be bothered to rehearse with GnR?

And now Axl is able to show up and kick ass.....on time? So those three hour late starts for GnR.....

Fans have always defended or given Axl a break about no interviews and no pictures (he doesn't owe us anything) and no rehearsals or showing up late.  "That's just how Axl operates, deal with it."

Why is Axl willing to do all those things with his side gig, but not with his baby, GnR?

1) They’ve only started with the Guns reunion. I reckon the promotion, interviews and the likes will come later. They’ve only had a few shows and then a pause.

2) Apparently, they decided to let the music do the talking and not to give it all away in interviews in advance. I understand and respect that.

3) Axl obviously rehearsed with GN’R a lot. Or do you think they pulled Coma, Twat and others out of their asses just like that?

4) I think Guns are starting on time now too. There are definitely not any three-hour late starts.

• Like 4

I just hope he realizes he hasn't got much time left and does whatever it's needed for the best of the band.

If he's not aware of his part of responsability with what went wrong with GNR then we have a problem, he must change his behaviour or maybe he doesn't care as long as he gets the cash

• Like 1

The most likely explanation that AC/DC is not his band, so he have to prove something to the boss, because AC/DC was/is his fav band

Secondly, i would say wait until the proper USA tour starts. People lost their shit how good he sung when GNR played at the troubadour and then on the vegas gigs and i do not remember any serious complaints (besdies the usual wheres izzy and adler, why mellisa, shit frank bullshit) 2 months ago....

Hopefully we will hear improved vocals from him

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, jamillos said:

1) They’ve only started with the Guns reunion. I reckon the promotion, interviews and the likes will come later. They’ve only had a few shows and then a pause.

2) Apparently, they decided to let the music do the talking and not to give it all away in interviews in advance. I understand and respect that.

3) Axl obviously rehearsed with GN’R a lot. Or do you think they pulled Coma, Twat and others out of their asses just like that?

4) I think Guns are starting on time now too. There are definitely not any three-hour late starts.

That's certainly an optimistic spin on everything. While I don't agree with most of what you said, and history wouldn't really back you up, I do admire your ability to pull positives out of it all. Thank you for the well written response. 

With all due respect though:

1. Axl didn't take one full band picture in the last 20 years. 

2. How would an interview ruin or take away from the concerts? I'm not sure why you wouldn't respect Axl for doing an interview about what might be the biggest reunion in rock history. 

So if you respect Axl for not doing GnR interviews, does that mean you dont respect ACDC and Axl for doing their interviews?

NOW if Andy starts Bonk game one at state and Fousel game two - we could easily see a Ktn-Sitka state title. 3. We've got actually proof that Axl rehearsed with ACDC. Is there any proof at all that he has rehearsed with GnR? We know that back as far as Illusions that he rarely did. Obviously he must have practiced in his OWN. But did Axl join Ashba and Dizzy in a studio and practice for hours on end? Clearly not. 

4. I should have caveated that. Axl has been on time for a couple years. But pre-2013-ish he was pretty famous for being an hour to three hours late. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

yeah, Apollo bring up older issues, which weren't valid anymore

The only legit thing is the band photoshoot, but that's not a big deal for me

Edited by Strange Broue

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

He probably HAS to do these things with AC/DC. I am sure that was part of the stipulations.

With GN'R, he doesn't have to. That's the way he rolls, unfortunately.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

900x900px-LL-506d59bf_not-this-shit-agai

Thought you out me on ignore. Guess not.

rather than immature memes, how about addressing the topic. 

23 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

yeah, Apollo bring up older issues, which weren't valid anymore

The only legit thing is the band photoshoot, but that's not a big deal for me

Rehearsals.

Interviews. 

The only old thing is showing up on time. 

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

He probably HAS to do these things with AC/DC. I am sure that was part of the stipulations.

With GN'R, he doesn't have to. That's the way he rolls, unfortunately.

Thank you. 

While we don't always agree, I respect that you at least put forth ideas and opinions rather than just unfunny memes or insults. 

And to be honest - your response is probably 100% accurate. 

Mods - feel free to lock the topic. I believe that Soulmonster nailed it.

14 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Thank you. 

While we don't always agree, I respect that you at least put forth ideas and opinions rather than just unfunny memes or insults. 

And to be honest - your response is probably 100% accurate. 

Mods - feel free to lock the topic. I believe that Soulmonster nailed it.

They insulted you? How daring. I guess they haven't heard the wheelchair story.

Now with order restored this thread can indeed be locked.

50 minutes ago, Apollo said:

That's certainly an optimistic spin on everything. While I don't agree with most of what you said, and history wouldn't really back you up, I do admire your ability to pull positives out of it all. Thank you for the well written response. 

2. How would an interview ruin or take away from the concerts? I'm not sure why you wouldn't respect Axl for doing an interview about what might be the biggest reunion in rock history. 

So if you respect Axl for not doing GnR interviews, does that mean you dont respect ACDC and Axl for doing their interviews?

NOW if Andy starts Bonk game one at state and Fousel game two - we could easily see a Ktn-Sitka state title. 3. We've got actually proof that Axl rehearsed with ACDC. Is there any proof at all that he has rehearsed with GnR? We know that back as far as Illusions that he rarely did. Obviously he must have practiced in his OWN. But did Axl join Ashba and Dizzy in a studio and practice for hours on end? Clearly not. 

4. I should have caveated that. Axl has been on time for a couple years. But pre-2013-ish he was pretty famous for being an hour to three hours late. 

1) But the reunion is a whole new chapter, so I say the clock is reset now. Yes, there weren’t many new GNR pics (there are some from 2006 though), but that’s a closed chapter now. And like I said, I think these things are coming. Or at least I hope so.

2) Because nobody knew what they were gonna play and even who was gonna play it (except for the holy trinity). Why would they tell it in advance? How about the surprise and expectation elements?
Like I said, I believe the interviews will come, only there was probably no right moment or time for that yet. What with the whole AC/DC thing and all. Again, these are my hopes.

As for the rehearsals, we know Axl was in the studio during the Chinese era and recording; as for Ashba, they did work together, DJ even said that (13 songs, remember?). But later, Axl might not have been there anymore, who knows, and that’s yet another chapter – as to why and what happened and how did the old Guns get back together – I would certainly love to have some light shed on that!

4) Yes, although those "3 hours" seem too much, that was in the 90s. My response concerned the fact you were comparing the Axl/DC show-starts as if the last few years prior to this Guns were constantly 3 hours late – at least that’s how it sounded to me. No biggie.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Thought you out me on ignore. Guess not.

rather than immature memes, how about addressing the topic. 

Rehearsals.

Interviews. 

The only old thing is showing up on time. 

You are still on Ignore for me, but I just thought to see what you posted.

Over the years we have been saying this thing again and again, but at the moment I just want to see Guns N' Roses. The excitement in me has made me forget Axl acting like a retard in Guns N' Roses.

Yes there should be interviews and photoshoots and clarification regarding Steven and Izzy.

When it comes to AC/DC, Axl is a hired hand there, Agnus is the main boss, Axl has to comply with the contract. In GNR, Axl is the boss.

Sometimes people don't deserve to be the boss and they only work good when they are employees.

Axl did fuck up over the years but for me NuGNR was never Guns N' Roses, I did like CD but why should I sulk over these things now?

At the moment Im just saving up money, waiting for them to announce more shows and just go to them and enjoy it, seeing Slash, Axl, Duff and hopefully Steven together will be a dream come true. So you really don't know how excited I am at the moment. 

I think Axl gives his all for GNR. The times I've seen him, he's been having a great time and singing his ass off.

Now Axl will be doing double duty this summer with AC/DC and GNR. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out.

I am very excited to see the GNR reunion tour and I hope Axl takes care of himself during these shows.

I commend him for helping out AC/DC, but I don't want GNR to suffer for it. We all know Axl gives his all and I just hope he's up to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

For once, I totally agree with you. And I hate that people will immediately jump at finding excuses for that. No, there are no excuses. It is a shitty, disrespectful behaviour towards the people that have kept him alive and well throughout his entire adult life. These are not AC/DC fans that he ows his Malibu mention to, these are the Guns fans, the ones that he apparently believes deserve no slightest effort on his part. It's quite lame really.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

guns-n-roses-20141002030523.jpg

You were saying?? But really, why would he want to promote the fact that none of the original guys or guys the people knew, are in the band anymore? So the lack of band pics kinda was understandable.

2. It wouldn't, but also doesn't take away from the reunion that they don't. Most likely sometime down the line, they will.

3. Like it was pointed out, AC/DC is not his band, so he has no other choice. Wheras with GNR, it's his band and he knows his fucking songs... the guys have the get the music right. He doesn't need the band to learn the lyrics. But, as has been pointed out, there are rehearsal pics, so he must have joined some reunion rehearsals.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

There is one big difference in the music between Gnr and ACDC... with most of the ACDC tracks the music breathes alot more...more spacing in between vox lines then with gnr and i think that gives him the space and timing he needs to control his air better...anyone else notice this?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

You are still on Ignore for me, but I just thought to see what you posted.

Over the years we have been saying this thing again and again, but at the moment I just want to see Guns N' Roses. The excitement in me has made me forget Axl acting like a retard in Guns N' Roses.

Yes there should be interviews and photoshoots and clarification regarding Steven and Izzy.

When it comes to AC/DC, Axl is a hired hand there, Agnus is the main boss, Axl has to comply with the contract. In GNR, Axl is the boss.

Sometimes people don't deserve to be the boss and they only work good when they are employees.

Axl did fuck up over the years but for me NuGNR was never Guns N' Roses, I did like CD but why should I sulk over these things now?

At the moment Im just saving up money, waiting for them to announce more shows and just go to them and enjoy it, seeing Slash, Axl, Duff and hopefully Steven together will be a dream come true. So you really don't know how excited I am at the moment. 

Now that's a post I can respect. Thank you!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Asia said:

For once, I totally agree with you. And I hate that people will immediately jump at finding excuses for that. No, there are no excuses. It is a shitty, disrespectful behaviour towards the people that have kept him alive and well throughout his entire adult life. These are not AC/DC fans that he ows his Malibu mention to, these are the Guns fans, the ones that he apparently believes deserve no slightest effort on his part. It's quite lame really.

How dare you say that. My feelings are hurt now. We agreed on something like a month ago. So this is at least the second time. ?

15 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

axe_to_grind_sharpen.gif

How cute.