How come Axl doesn't put ACDC effort into GnR? Disrespectful to fans?

Apollo

2 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Not to you and me, but to Axl and from a business point of view it was. And since GNR broke up over 20 years ago, it's obvious why there wasn't a GNR band pic in all those years.

Valid point.  I hope they release band pictures now that Guns are back together.

I say, give them time!

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

guns-n-roses-20141002030523.jpg

You were saying?? But really, why would he want to promote the fact that none of the original guys or guys the people knew, are in the band anymore? So the lack of band pics kinda was understandable.

2. It wouldn't, but also doesn't take away from the reunion that they don't. Most likely sometime down the line, they will.

3. Like it was pointed out, AC/DC is not his band, so he has no other choice. Wheras with GNR, it's his band and he knows his fucking songs... the guys have the get the music right. He doesn't need the band to learn the lyrics. But, as has been pointed out, there are rehearsal pics, so he must have joined some reunion rehearsals.

Thanks. I had never seen that picture. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Bullshit like this is the reason why noone from the camp would come to this forum.

Yes. Because they hang out at HTGTH and the official band forum on the reg?

Axl has posted on this forum. As as BBF. So.....

Curious as to what you think is "bullshit" tho. You believe that Axl is doing interviews, photoshoots and routinely rehearsing with GnR? And that until the last few years he was pretty famous for missing shows or starting them several hours late? You believe that what Axl is doing with ACDC is exactly what he has been doing with GnR?

33 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I just again think it's odd that GNR "reunites" and there is no publicity or interviews etc. And now there are AC/DC dates book ended with the GNR tour. It totally takes the steam out of GNR. 

Why promote the pseudo-reunion? It's just a soulless cash-grab thing, and if the tickets are selling there is absolutely no reasoon why band members should invite awkward questions and have to fake enthusiasm.

What I find stranger is why Axl didn't do much promotion for nuGuns, after all that was supposedly his baby and a new chapter of GN'R. I guess it is as simple as Axl being completely fed up with media and couldn't be bothered dealing with it all. As I said, now he has to do it, and he knows for once media is on his side. With AXL/DC he can probably let his shoulders down a bit, he is just a guest there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Yes. Because they hang out at HTGTH and the official band forum on the reg?

Axl has posted on this forum. As as BBF. So.....

Curious as to what you think is "bullshit" tho. You believe that Axl is doing interviews, photoshoots and routinely rehearsing with GnR? And that until the last few years he was pretty famous for missing shows or starting them several hours late? You believe that what Axl is doing with ACDC is exactly what he has been doing with GnR?

I think the "disrespectful" part is bullshit. What excactly makes it disrespectful?

46 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Haven't read all the replies. People have probably answered all the questions of this topic already, but I'll answer anyway. This is how I see it:

First of all Axl is in a different situation with AC/DC. He is an employee , so he has to play by AC/DC's rules if he wants to stay in the band.

The GNR reunion has only just begun. It's not that hard to understand why there hasn't been any interviews yet. At what point should they have done interviews anyway? There's many good reasons why an interview before the first reunion concert would have been a bad idea. The most obvious one is the fact that the Axl/DC rumors were going on, and they didn't want to reveal that Axl is the new singer before Coachella. And that was a wise move. They needed to show that Axl can pull it off. Otherwise people would have been refunding tickets even more than they did. But because of that Coachella performance the media reactions were actually surprisingly positive. People were saying he sounded good. So yeah they couldn't have revealed the AC/DC thing before Coachella. That's one reason why there probably was no interviews.

Also the whole GNR interview thing is a pretty big thing. People will be asking all kinds of though questions. "Where's Izzy and Steven? How come Axl and Slash are friends all of a sudden? Why did Axl hate Slash so much in the first place? Why did the classic GNR break up? Whose fault was it?

I mean these are pretty fucking emotionally charged questions. It's easy to make an AC/DC interview. There's no real emotional baggage there. Brian had to quit and it's nobody's fault. That's it. A GNR interview is a whole different thing. Axl called Slash a cancer. What is his excuse? How can he defend himself, without blaming Slash for everything? How can he defend himself without risking his newfound friendship with Slash?

Despite all of those things, I'm sure that there will be GNR interviews. Probably after these AC/DC shows. I mean what would be the point in doing GNR interviews now? I don't know if it will be a band interview or if it's gonna be just Axl. Who knows if Slash and Duff even want to be involved in the interview. One might also ask, why didn't Axl do any band interviews with the previous lineup. Well he tried to bring DJ Ashba with him to the That Metal Show-interview. But DJ didn't say anything. And nobody asked him anything. Cause nobody really cared about him. They only wanted to ask Axl questions. You can't really blame Axl for that.

Also I'm pretty sure he rehearsed with GNR. Probably not as much as with AC/DC, but who cares. His voice was exactly as good with GNR as with AC/DC, so why does it matter how much he rehearsed. As much as some people like to praise Axl's voice in AC/DC, the truth is, that his voice is no better than before. It's just that these AC/DC songs suit his voice MUCH better than GNR songs do. His voice sounds great every time when he screams, and most AC/DC songs are all about screaming. That's why he sounds so good. Not because he's been rehearsing, but because he gets to scream. Just look at those GNR shows. For example on Better, as soon as the screaming part starts, he sounds exactly as good as he does with AC/DC. When he doesn't scream, he often sounds weaker. In GNR that happens more often, because there's much less screaming in GNR songs. But also in AC/DC songs, pretty much every time when he doesn't scream, he sounds weaker. That's it really.

I'm sure Axl cares much more about GNR than AC/DC. Things are just very different and more complicated with GNR compared to AC/DC.

This. This. Flawlessly put.

By the way, isn't this thread supposed to be in the Civil War or Axl/DC sections? Just curious.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Why promote the pseudo-reunion? It's just a soulless cash-grab thing, and if the tickets are selling there is absolutely no reasoon why band members should invite awkward questions and have to fake enthusiasm.

What I find stranger is why Axl didn't do much promotion for nuGuns, after all that was supposedly his baby and a new chapter of GN'R. I guess it is as simple as Axl being completely fed up with media and couldn't be bothered dealing with it all. As I said, now he has to do it, and he knows for once media is on his side. With AXL/DC he can probably let his shoulders down a bit, he is just a guest there.

I'm not convinced that the GNR "reunion" is a "soulless cash-grab", as he seemed happy and was gazing at Slash, when he was playing, but with the rest of your post I agree... AC/DC is a glorified european vacation for him, with an easy pace of only 2 to 3 shows per week, playing with a hero of his and a good pay day.... and the US tour doesn't look much different.

His most recent tweet is showing me that he going back to his self-centered, grouchy, doesn't care about anyone else Axl phase that I can't stand. I stick up for the guy 24/7 to everyone that is negative, but you have to tell it how it is. Be positive man, you're worth 150 million. Taking a few minutes of your time to hang out with fans shouldn't hurt. We made you. Just PERSONALIZE the signatures from now on!

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Perhaps, I tend to not be as pessimistic about this only being a soulless cash-grab. I'm not ignorant, I know money plays a huge role but it would be nice to think that maybe the hatchet has been buried and maybe we can look to new music in the future from Axl and Slash. 

Just about everything Axl did with NuGuns was strange.  I think a lot of my frustration stems from the fact that I thought this pseudo-reunion was a new chapter of GNR and that things would finally pick up steam but instead it seems a sort of continuation of the lost years of NuGuns (although its still too early to say either way)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Bullshit like this is the reason why noone from the camp would come to this forum.

Who gives a shit? Do you actually base what you post  in hopes people from the GnR camp like what you say and will login to acknowldge you online and thank you for your support or some bullshit. Is that your prupose behind posting? In hopes a celebrity or wannabe celebrity(fernando) gives you the time of day? 

As for people saying GnR came on, on time so far in thsi reunion well..... they came on at midnight for Vgas 1 and then at like 11:15 for Vegas 2. Not exactly a normal start time and definitely not a consistent start time. Apollo makes valid points. All this stuff with AC/DC shows that Axl choses to in essence be a dick when it comes to how he handles GnR. Any fucker who believes this shit about Axl needing to be in the right frame of mind to put on he best performance and that's why he comes on at 11pm or later has Axl's dick balls deep in their mouth.  Axl has proven he doesn't need to come on that late and could in FACT come on at a normal time and still kick ass. He simply chooses not to in GnR for selfish dick reasons. That's the truth. 

• Like 2

I honestly think the guy is just sick of Guns N' Roses. Nugnr seemed to, for various overly complicated reasons, Team Brazil, reasons of Axl's own making, etc etc., turn into a gigantic sack of shit and that was the end of GN'R for Axl (sans soulless cash-grabbing). Somewhere around 2011 this switch happened. His weight ballooned. His voice went. 'New material' became the 'bête noire' of Guns N' Roses conversation. AC/DC is his childhood band; it is a chance, for Rose, to enact out his childhood fantasy for real - be Bon Scott in other words - thus accounting for his renewed enthusiasm and improved vocal delivery. It is good to see.

• Like 3

Regarding Axl doing interviews with AC/DC, I think you have to consider the circumstances. AC/DC got a lot of backlash from fans about Brian leaving (and at the time it seemed like he was unceremoniously dumped). As a result they decided to do some PR for their tour, presumably to reduce the amount of returned tickets. I assume most of you guys don't follow AC/DC that closely, but the interviews and steady stream of facebook/twitter posts is something new for them, and it just started when they hired Axl. I highly doubt Axl was the one requesting to do interviews but clearly he is being a team player with Angus and Co.

Stupid question for you guys, and apologies if it is mentioned elsewhere, but is the GNR tour intended to be the beginning of the band actually getting back together, or just a one off reunion tour? I'd be interested in hearing some new GNR songs, but selfishly as an AC/DC fan would rather have Axl record with Angus. (Sorry!)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, goneshootin said:

Regarding Axl doing interviews with AC/DC, I think you have to consider the circumstances. AC/DC got a lot of backlash from fans about Brian leaving (and at the time it seemed like he was unceremoniously dumped). As a result they decided to do some PR for their tour, presumably to reduce the amount of returned tickets. I assume most of you guys don't follow AC/DC that closely, but the interviews and steady stream of facebook/twitter posts is something new for them, and it just started when they hired Axl. I highly doubt Axl was the one requesting to do interviews but clearly he is being a team player with Angus and Co.

Stupid question for you guys, and apologies if it is mentioned elsewhere, but is the GNR tour intended to be the beginning of the band actually getting back together, or just a one off reunion tour? I'd be interested in hearing some new GNR songs, but selfishly as an AC/DC fan would rather have Axl record with Angus. (Sorry!)

Nobody knows, unfortunately. All we can do is speculate. I suppose we will have a better idea of how things stand when Axl comes back to GNR. 

I would have thought though that Axl must have some kind of agreement with Slash and Duff about touring, like a world tour agreement and then see what happens kind of deal. So, he could be out on tour for a while yet. 

I suppose that would give AC/DC a good while to think about what they're going to do. Or they could record something for him to sing on when he gets back :lol: that's what I'm banking on. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nobody knows, unfortunately. All we can do is speculate. I suppose we will have a better idea of how things stand when Axl comes back to GNR. 

I would have though though that Axl must have some kind of agreement with Slash and Duff about touring, like a world tour agreement and then see what happens kind of deal. So, he could be put on tour for a while yet. 

I suppose that would give AC/DC a good while to think about what they're going to do. Or they could record something for him to sing on when he gets back :lol: that's what I'm banking on. 

Makes sense to me. I can't imagine GNR just does a US tour. And as far as AC/DC, it seems like Angus is committed to continuing but they will just be ending a close to 2 year world tour and I imagine he wont be jumping back in the studio any time soon, Axl or no Axl.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've seen Guns N' Roses in concert this year and only seen videos of Axl with AC/DC. From what I can tell, he's putting the exact same amount of effort into both bands.

I've seen AXL/DC live and only saw videos from the recent GNR shows. From what i can tell, he's putting more effort into AC/DC. That's not even my opinion, that's a cold hard fact, because if you only saw videos, you can tell where he is better, so the original point of the topic is valid :shrugs:

I can understand why people want more promotion, interviews etc., but after all, i'm a hardcore fan so i don't care in the slightest  especially after all these nuguns years where he puts almost zero effort into promotion and besides 2 great years he doesn't even care about the shows or his own vision so i find it very hard to complain now. Yes, i'm sure that nobody imagined that Slash and Duff could return under these circumstances, but it is what it is. I'd say enjoy while it lasts