Would anyone else like to see Axl do Carpool Karaoke?

Would anyone be interested in seeing Axl and possibly Slash and Duff do Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show with James Corden?

It would definately be a great way to show Axls fun side.

There concert is on the 19th August in L.A, Is there a way to request this?

I saw the Chili Peppers episode of this. It was... reasonably entertaining. I would enjoy seeing a Slash, Axl n Duff version of that. Not sure if they d be up for something like that though.

But yeah, I say make it happen! Someone request this.

• Like 1

Thinking of it makes me cringe, but I did actually say a few weeks ago that something like this could happen. Corden's a pretty likable guy and he goes total fanboy over his guests and carpool passengers and he can sing a bit too but he always makes his carpool karaoke guests look awesome; so, maybe he'll be able to convince Guns to do something like this. It would certainly be a very pop thing to do and give GN'R's music a lot of visibility to the kids who watch this stuff on youtube and think that shitty bands like Coldplay are Rock N'Roll. If nothing else, it would just help create more hype as Guns begin a new tour. So, it would probably be a smart business decision, but it still seems like a lousy thing for a band like GN'R to do.

More than Corden, or Kimmel or Conan, I'd like the first interview or band performance on TV, to be on the Tonight show. Fallon grew up with the band and is a true fan, and he deserves it, if for nothing else, for his manic excitement and sincere enthusiasm when he got to introduce them for the 2002 VMAs. The poor guy would probably be blubbering with happiness if he had Axl, Slash and Duff on his couch together.

Edited by The Archer
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I really don't get the appeal of these hosts like Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon, they seem very disingenuous and phony.

Jimmy Fallon yes, though I believe that is mostly because he is too kind a person and basically gets along with everyone in the business. Kimmel is definitely more hard edged, not afraid to ask the awkward questions and put people on the spot.

Not that in tune with the younger hosts like Fallon, Corden, Noah, ... 

• Like 1

As long as they do:

1. Never Say Die

2. Nobody's Fault But Mine

3. Livin' After Midnight

4. Burning Heart

5. Hotel California

6. LA Woman

7. Pet Semetary

8. Three Days

9. Know Your Enemy

10. Rollercoaster

Edited by wasted
Of devastation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Would anyone be interested in seeing Axl and possibly Slash and Duff do Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show with James Corden?

It would definately be a great way to show Axls fun side.

There concert is on the 19th August in L.A, Is there a way to request this?

He is too busy being dick so he will never be there, and 1st LA concert is sold out and second will be probably so they don't need promotion. There is no way to request this since guys from show don't read comments, people are writing their wishes and seems like they don't give a fuck.

Edited by DexAxl

Axl, Slash and Duff in the Carpool would be fucking great, reintroduce the band to the younger audience, who probably only knows GnR from the old music videos, old videos or from the Fat Axl Meme, RIR2011 nightmare, etc, and after the China Exchange i totally want to se more of the 54 years old chill Axl, and with the plus of the interaction with Slash and Duf. Nothing negative can come from that. DO IT!

I know OP came with this idea, because of the latest Carpool with RHCP, and it was great, really fun to watch.

Edited by Rickodez

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Ideally I would prefer the band get together and answer a list of questions provided by all of us here at MyGNR. Craig Ferguson is the only late night host that I've seen that is consistently not an awkward, phony, asshole but James Cordon seems sort of alright so maybe. I really don't get the appeal of these hosts like Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon, they seem very disingenuous and phony.

Craig built an entire talk show on the premise that talk shows are inane and stupid. Everything he did was a parody of the medium, his contempt for mindless drivel was palpable, and he was always honest in his comedy (his monologue the week of the Britney Spears meltdown where he took the world to task for mocking her, and how the only thing that stopped him from killing himself when he was an alcoholic was getting drunk and forgetting, is one of the all-time great moments in late night television history). That his time slot has been given over to inane bits and mindlessness is quite sad - Corden is great at doing standard talk show shtick, but Craig had something that transcended the form. I miss the hell out of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jakey Styley said:

I imagine Axl never singing outside of a tour. Might hum movie soundtracks around the house or something. So it'd be funny for me.

Nope he sings all the time ;)  One of the coolest things I have ever seen is him at a party belting out songs with no mic or anything just him enjoying the moment

4 hours ago, Rickodez said:

Axl, Slash and Duff in the Carpool would be fucking great, reintroduce the band to the younger audience, who probably only knows GnR from the old music videos, old videos or from the Fat Axl Meme, RIR2011 nightmare, etc, and after the China Exchange i totally want to se more of the 54 years old chill Axl, and with the plus of the interaction with Slash and Duf. Nothing negative can come from that. DO IT!

I know OP came with this idea, because of the latest Carpool with RHCP, and it was great, really fun to watch.

You,d be right that once i saw the RHCP do it and it came off pretty cool... i thought why not Axl.

Every one of these things ive seen have made them all come off looking pretty awesome, Even Adele, Gwen Stefani.

Probably due to heavy editing, but im all for it.  I can just see James wearing a bandanna and aviator shades belting out Sweet Child with Axl  :)

Edited by megaguns1982
felt like it
  • Like 1

I'd like to see that. Only cause it would be a fun thing to watch. Some people emphasize the legacy of a band too much that they'd rather not see them over seeing them in any project that (in their mind) can tarnish the legacy. I say fuck it.

I'd also want to see Axl in Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee and Realtime with Bill Maher. 

Hell,  a Game Of Thrones cameo would be great if not just for the ultimate WTF moment. Haha 

Think they should avoid late night television chat shows completely,   as yes Axl did Kimmel but he didn't look comfortable and late night chat shows are not about the guest any longer, no very interesting questions, to be fair its no longer about the show unless it gets a trending internet video but that probably cause we see celebs in every paper that has hundreds of articles on them, they are on twitter instagram so we know so much about them what will be new.   Axl doesn't do interview after interview and we get very little from him on twitter so to me  it would be a total let down as you want a full and professional interviewer to ask decent questions to him.  

I think they should do a radio show, maybe trunk, not stern as end of the day he will keep asking question that Axl i feel would not feel comfortable to answer.  The 2006 Trunk interview of Axl was really cool as it just felt like they were hanging out, telling stories and no agenda except for having a good time so if they recreate that with Slash and Duff then we would on to a winner.  

Conan sketch with Slash was cool but  someone from the UK tried  a sketch thing with Slash and it was just the most uncomfortable thing ever. 

It will also avoid awkward questions as yes they have reconnected but as seen with  Crue Reunion (You could tell they still disliked each other), they wont need to act as if they are best friends as the Chinese Exchange interview i got the feeling that the relationship is still in a sensitive  place and could blow up at anytime.... well that what i got from it.  

Edited by SSHGUNS