New Album Rumors Thread

Just now, nevergotochurch said:

uhhhh.... he does PLENTY of that stuff. have you never heard a slash guitar solo live? come on, dude.

Seen Slash live 5 times.  And his usually have a "bluesy" feel to them, even when he shreads...these clips clearly lack that.

The guy is good but it's not Axl and it's not Slash.

13 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

I will buy the finished versions of all of the tracks posted so far. I would love it to be GN'R, but would listen to this no matter who made it. 

Same here, whoever made it, it sounds really close to GNR and if its good, then why not appreciate and like it? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

No problem. It's a bummer tho, I really though it was GnR and was very excited about the songs. I'm still no 100% sure but it looks like it's not them. Let's wait and see how this goes... If they tell this guy to take the videos down, something's up.

The clip which has already been removed is one which sounded more convincing to me, than many of the others on there. It will be interesting to see if any more come down or if that other one was just a coincidence... I'm really thinking these are fake, with all the evidence we have, but at least we do know Guns N' Roses proper are working on new material...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

just listen to the clips. there's no way axl and slash could be imitated that well. axl's exact voice and slash's trademark tone and style? come on. the people doubting this will feel really stupid someday. 

I hope you know that there are many GNR tribute bands who sound VERY similar to GNR.

You are acting like as if you were in the studio with Axl and Slash when they recorded this lol 

• Like 1

The vocal delivery here reminds me of Bad Apples. That's Axl. Doubters are kidding themselves. Some of you just refuse to believe there could be a new GNR song in the works. "You kids are embarrassing".... well, i feel embarrassed for anyone doubting this. 

Listen to the very end of the clip, the last word Axl sings. People may be able to imitate him, but not THAT well. No freakin' way.

Edited by nevergotochurch

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

I still think its a really good fake. If this ever materializes into something Id love to hear it

Me too man cause it sounds awesome, later on if you somehow find a full version then kindly share it with me, if I find something, then ill share it with you also. 

Someone saved the deleted clip? As I said...i like the tone of this band. they sound like NuGnR should have sound like...

I think the 'i'm a cold heartbreaker...' line is the most obvious thing that these are playing with the Axl/Slash tone....its still very good.

1 minute ago, nevergotochurch said:

The vocal delivery here reminds me of Bad Apples. That's Axl. Doubters are kidding themselves. Some of you just refuse to believe there could be a new GNR song in the works. "You kids are embarrassing".... well, i feel embarrassed for anyone doubting this. 

Dude, you need to Calm Down.

I want new music as much as you want, but really you can't say that it is AXL AND SLASH on just a random clip. Yeah it sounds really good, but it seems like a tribute band, maybe its Axl? I don't know? 

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Dude, you need to Calm Down.

I want new music as much as you want, but really you can't say that it is AXL AND SLASH on just a random clip. Yeah it sounds really good, but it seems like a tribute band, maybe its Axl? I don't know? 

lol don't tell me to calm down. you calm down. I'm just saying it's undeniably him. It's not hard to recognize a voice you've been listening to for 30 years.

lol don't tell me to calm down. you calm down. I'm just saying it's undeniably him. It's not hard to recognize a voice you've been listening to for 30 years.

Bro, it's deniable until Axl comes unicycling out of his Malibu home while singing the song in front of a chorus of media.

I hope you know that there are many tribute bands who sound VERY similar to GNR. 

7 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

ive never, ever in my life heard's axl's voice imitated that well. it cannot be done. show me a clip of someone sounding that much like axl......

This is the tribute band involving Chad Atkins, the likely singer we are hearing in these clips:

Note that the first line sounds similar to how it is sung in one of the clips on Stephen's Instagram.

Other clips:

Granted, they don't sound the exact same, but the clips aren't perfect either.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

8 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

Unfortunately Axls studio voice has never been that good since 1993...its NOT Axl. I just ask myself why this guy missed the VR singer casting back then...at least we have found our Axl replacement when Axl is done with gnr...

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

This is the tribute band involving Chad Atkins, the likely singer we are hearing in these clips:

Note that the first line sounds similar to how it is sung in one of the clips on Stephen's Instagram.

Other clips:

lolololol that guy does not sound like Axl. Sounds like someone trying their best to imitate him, but it's far from perfect. Those IG clips... are clearly Axl... not someone imitating him. This is a piss poor example.

7 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Other clips:

IMO, it's Chad Atkins. And its probably the same band in this clips...

Those clips are live clips, the other are studio ones in a controled enviroment where the tribute singer can make a million of takes and pick the best few seconds to upload. You should really listen to Axl for 30 years more, maybe then you'll realize that it is definetly not him. 

It sounds good, but stop lying to yourself, that's not Axl and will never be.

Edited by Manfisman

6 minutes ago, nevergotochurch said:

lolololol that guy does not sound like Axl. Sounds like someone trying their best to imitate him, but it's far from perfect. Those IG clips... are clearly Axl... not someone imitating him. This is a piss poor example.

Of course he's trying to imitate Axl, it's his job, lol. The IG clips don't sound exactly like Axl or Slash either.

I provided this example because Chad Atkins is friends with Stephen Chesney and has recorded music with him in the past. Chad has also been tagged in one of the clips. Stephen himself has promoted tools to make guitarists sound like Slash.

Tell me, what is more likely? Some random producer being involved in the upcoming GN'R album, even to the point of allegedly playing some of the instruments or; A producer who previously promoted products claiming to make guitarists sound like Slash, teaming up with a tribute singer to make an album? Personally, the latter sounds more likely, especially given the evidence we have.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide