02/11/17 - Sydney - ANZ Stadium

RussTCB

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl had his moments in 2013!

none of them were in Australia though :( 

Axl was mindblowing that night!

5 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't know why you didn't post the Nice Boys done with Angry Anderson in Brisbane 2013. It sounded much better than the one you posted in Melbourne of the same year:

Axl was awful in Australia that year.

3 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

For what it's worth, i attended an Aussie concert in 2013, and thought it was fine, even if weak in some areas. Certainly not as good as this year, so i don't know why some of you are trying to compare it as if Axl somehow hates Australia, lol.

It's a new theory. Further testing will need to be done, but it's definitely something to look into. I think we will need to get through this tour to do some hard comparisons. I guess we can go ahead and throw NA tour against it but I'd like to wait for the second leg. I don't think he's matched NA tour yet.

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

It's a new theory. Further testing will need to be done, but it's definitely something to look into. I think we will need to get through this tour to do some hard comparisons. I guess we can go ahead and throw NA tour against it but I'd like to wait for the second leg. I don't think he's matched NA tour yet.

Paris show will destroy NA concerts!!! You shall see!!!

Setlist - so far:

Intro - Looney Tunes
McBob: Sydney! Of all the bands in the world... this is one of them... from Hollywood... GUNS N' ROSES!

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's solo - You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
Nice Boys (w/Angry Anderson)
This I Love
Civil War
Coma
Band Intros
Slash's solo - (doodlez)/Godfather Theme
Sweet Child O' Mine
Whole Lotta Rosie/Riff Raff (w/Angus Young)
Richard n' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Axl's piano solo - Layla
November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

Encore:

Wild Horses/Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City

Edited by Mickey
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I went to this year's Brisbane concert and it was phenomenal. Axl sounded great and the band was super tight. He sounded great yesterday and sounds good tonight as well. I really don't know why some people are saying he sounds terrible. He sounds fine.

If you want to criticise him on the subjective feeling that he may not be as good as he was on other dates, that's fine. I will posit that it could be a result of any number of problems, including personal situations, the climate and weather of an area (Sydney is currently undergoing a heatwave, for example...), and your own personal tastes etc. Besides, Axl unquestionably sounds better than he did in Japan, so i don't see the problem with Australia, lol.