Pets!

pinkforgirls

5 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thanks! i did and they said if he wasn't better to bring him in tomorrow. strangely he has gone back to normal, he is sitting at my feet trying to get me to share my tacos at the moments and he barked to go outside then jumped up the stairs when he was done with his business. but if he goes back to appearing sick i will definitely take him in tomorrow :) 

My spotted one lives for food. Once he left half of his food in his bowl and I worried about him--- until I saw that he snuck a nearly full loaf of bread off the counter and ate the entire thing. 

I am probably a little quicker to call my vet than most people. I don't know how many times over the years I've called my vet up or stopped by to ask questions when I had concerns. I have a really good relationship with them and trust them a lot. My step-dad was taking his dogs to the same clinic when he was a kid that I take my dog to now. It was a father/son practice when I was a kid and now it is only the son running the place.

• Like 1

Just now, sanity_lost said:

My spotted one lives for food. Once he left half of his food in his bowl and I worried about him--- until I saw that he snuck a nearly full loaf of bread off the counter and ate the entire thing. 

I am probably a little quicker to call my vet than most people. I don't know how many times over the years I've called my vet up or stopped by to ask questions when I had concerns. I have a really good relationship with them and trust them a lot. My step-dad was taking his dogs to the same clinic when he was a kid that I take my dog to now. It was a father/son practice when I was a kid and now it is only the son running the place.

i always used to say that when my female black lab turned down food that there would be something really wrong...and sadly that was true. my love of my life girl stopped eating her dog food when she was 15. took her to the vet and he felt tumors all in her stomach. he said do you want us t put her down now? i was enraged. hell no i did not. i needed time to say good bye and get a second opinion cos this guy didn't even take x-rays or anything, sadly the second vet confirmed that it was cancer. we had three weeks together, i cooked her food, i even made her favorite thing ever...a whole pot of spaghetti which she ate half of. then she stopped eating and drinking altogether for 2 days and i had to do the right thing for her. i still wonder if i did the right thing, if i had waited maybe she would have bounced back and we'd have had more time...a month, a week, even a day longer. she was the best, smartest sweetest dog i've ever known and i still miss her every single day.

it took me a year and a half to decode to get another dog. i decided on a boy black lab this time cos i didn't want to replace her. and he is ALL boy! from the start he has been a handful. when he was just about 4 months old he picked up a 5 lb weight in his mouth and ran around my coffee table with it round and round. i couldn't get him fabric toys cos he just destroyed them. my neighbor even gave him a toy that was supposedly indestructable for dogs and he tore it to pieces in like a week. he is smart too but in an evil way :lol: i am sure my girl baby sent him because she knew he would be such a handful i wouldn't have time to grieve as bad as i had been every day after losing her.

but yeah i am super careful about my pets ( i have a black girl kitty too ) but today i had no way to get him to the vet so i just called them and then worried all day. i am so glad he's feeling better...i think it may be something he ate ( he eats anything, he even ate money once that fell out of my purse! ) and now that he's gone potty and farted up a storm he is acting totally fine. hope that was it.

thanks for your advice, it was really sweet :) ( sorry this is so long! )

On 1/5/2017 at 7:59 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so happy my boy seems 100% back to his usual goofy, hyper active, wanting food all the time self! but i am going to take him and my kitty to the vet soon. i was so scared!

I know what you mean, I went through two seizures with my little guy this week. But he's back to his old self now. :lol:

On 1/5/2017 at 8:12 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hope he's ok...

He started having them at 11 months old. Even though I saw both parents and all that somewhere in his bloodline there was a dog with a seizure disorder. He has them several times a year, sometimes months in between. Only once did he have any lasting problem from them. He had several in one day a couple years ago and I thought I might have to put him down because he wouldn't lift his head up for about a week, but suddenly he was fine again. Now they last about 15 minutes, he sleeps alot that day and is back to normal afterward. But I know one day it might change. So I just love him while I can...he is my baby. :wacko:

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo..on cellphone

On 1/5/2017 at 8:52 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

did you get him from a breeder? my dad and my horrid ex stepmom got a pomeranian from one and she went blind and had all kinds of other problems, they had her put down when she was only 4 :(

A family that bred their pugs. I was so depressed over losing my last one and found them in the newspaper. Vet checked him and he seemed fine til he was 11 months. But he is 6 1/2 now. And as long as he doesn't suffer or have lasting problems from a seizure, my vet says he is fine.

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Snow forecasted starting later today. They are calling for four inches. It will be Simon's first time in the snow. Can't wait to see how he reacts...will try to get some pics.:P

my boy LOVES the snow! he hates the rain, he refuses to swim but somehow snow is ok. just in case you haven't seen the pics i posted of him in the snow here are a couple ( i can't help it, i'm such a proud fur baby mama :lol: ) one is him as a puppy, the other is the way he looks now :)Salem_snow_pup.pngSalem_in_the_Snow.png

3 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well the weather people totally blew the forecast, no snow just a thin coat of ice. Simon did not like the crunchy ice on the grass, so much for the snow pics..:blink:

aw that's too bad. we have TONS of snow here and my boy is loving it! however, if the forecast is right the rain predicted will melt all the snow :(