Pets!

pinkforgirls

Had to take my cat to the vets today, he had an awful abscess inside his ear that has burst and left a large hole. He's had pain relief and antibiotics and I have to bathe the hole inside his ear with salt water. You would think he would scratch me to bits, but he just lies there and let's me bathe his poorly ear.

He has very poor vision in one eye and this is getting to be a common thing that he gets attacked by other cats and that side of his head is vulnerable, he lost part of that outer ear a while ago after a fight. 

Ive tried keeping him in as a house cat but he just hates it :( 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Had to take my cat to the vets today, he had an awful abscess inside his ear that has burst and left a large hole. He's had pain relief and antibiotics and I have to bathe the hole inside his ear with salt water. You would think he would scratch me to bits, but he just lies there and let's me bathe his poorly ear.

He has very poor vision in one eye and this is getting to be a common thing that he gets attacked by other cats and that side of his head is vulnerable, he lost part of that outer ear a while ago after a fight. 

Poor kitty. Pets just seem to do that us. Take over our hearts and makes us constantly worry about them.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Owie.. poor thing. :( Hope it heals quickly!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Owie.. poor thing. :( Hope it heals quickly!!!

He's already a lot better today, thanks :) 

8 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Poor kitty. Pets just seem to do that us. Take over our hearts and makes us constantly worry about them.

They really do. This is just the latest with him, the vet he goes to always says "not you again!" Lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

there's no snow in Croatia? :)

There was everywhere but Zagreb :). We had full month with temperatures below zero and lot of ice, but almost none of snow... We went few times during weekends out of city but he could be on snow forever :)

Just now, -Jaro- said:

There was everywhere but Zagreb :). We had full month with temperatures below zero and lot of ice, but almost none of snow... We went few times during weekends out of city but he could be on snow forever :)

we usually have lots of snow here but because of the La Nina thing it's mostly been rain. my black lab loves snow but he hates rain...go figure :P

On 2/11/2017 at 4:06 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

My dog loves it, he'd gladly spent the rest of his life chasing/eating snowballs if he could :lol:

mine too!

so my kitty, who has very long black fur that she is constantly grooming, is throwing up hairballs several times a time. have taken her to the vet and she gave me something called laxatone which she swears cats love and will gobble it up willingly. HA! my cat acts like we are at war every time i do it. and the vet also says to brush her...same thing, she claws and bites me whenever i try! i adore her but am tired of the barfing up hairballs... any ideas??

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎14 at 2:49 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

mine too!

so my kitty, who has very long black fur that she is constantly grooming, is throwing up hairballs several times a time. have taken her to the vet and she gave me something called laxatone which she swears cats love and will gobble it up willingly. HA! my cat acts like we are at war every time i do it. and the vet also says to brush her...same thing, she claws and bites me whenever i try! i adore her but am tired of the barfing up hairballs... any ideas??

What about something like this so she brushes herself? Plus it may get her used to the feeling so that it doesn't bother her when you do it..

pPETNA-5246419_main_enh.jpg

• Like 3

These are our 2 bitches, I mean babies. (Just kidding- I love em). Left is Leland Scruggs (girl but kind of a boys name- long story- I like how she looks like she's laughing here). Right is Whiskey Rose Jones- also a long story involving the old lady wanting to get a 2nd cat, me whiskey drunk, and a wager about a GnR reunion...

IMG_1747.JPG

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
No pic
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

These are our 2 bitches, I mean babies. (Just kidding- I love em). Left is Leland Scruggs (girl but kind of a boys name- long story- I like how she looks like she's laughing here). Right is Whiskey Rose Jones- also a long story involving the old lady wanting to get a 2nd cat, me whiskey drunk, and a wager about a GnR reunion...

IMG_1747.JPG

i love that one is black...they are the least picked color/type cat! hoping they are both shelter/rescue cats! both are cutie pies :D

On 2/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

:Djust found a pic of my kitty girl, at a hotel ( she loves them! ) and this title just came to me;  My Pretty Tied Up Kitty

Hi All your babies are precious.  I have a question, how did you get your kitty comfortable to ride in the car and in a hotel. So cool...  Does she get car rides a lot?  Reason i say it because,  I   have a precious girl kitty, at this time she's the only kitty u , want to get her more comfortable in riding in the car, how did you do it/.  Also, I've had adopted kitties since I was a kid, I love all all pets they're so pure and love you regardless of anything.  They're even more loyal and loving than most people :)

Edited by melina i