Pets!

pinkforgirls

12 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

just a reminder pet parents, please keep your fur babies secure as they tend to freak out if they are outside while people set off fireworks at midnight and if they happen to get taken out by one i know a Korean restaurant.

Fixed :D

• Like 1

On 1/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

just a reminder pet parents, please keep your fur babies secure as they tend to freak out if they are outside while people set off fireworks at midnight :) 

Simon hates fireworks so we have the TV louder than usual. But it's raining so maybe no one will be shooting any off

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fixed :D

you are soooooo bad! :lol: Happy New Year @Len Cnut

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Simon hates fireworks so we have the TV louder than usual. But it's raining so maybe no one will be shooting any off

we have some real winners here who like to shoot their guns at midnight :facepalm:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Same here. They also shoot during the day at each other...:P

well yeah they do that here too but i meant they shoot them in the air which is so effing stupid...

my neighbor, who is a cop, had a party and around midnight they set off all these loud fireworks ( which is illegal here ) and my poor dog started shaking like a leaf. for such a big boy he's kinda a baby :P

On 1/1/2017 at 3:17 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well yeah they do that here too but i meant they shoot them in the air which is so effing stupid...

my neighbor, who is a cop, had a party and around midnight they set off all these loud fireworks ( which is illegal here ) and my poor dog started shaking like a leaf. for such a big boy he's kinda a baby :P

They started last night at midnight and shot until about 1 am. Cops kept driving by with sirens at lower volume maybe as a warning?? Simon was wild until about 1:30. He just loses it over loud noises..:wacko:

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

They started last night at midnight and shot until about 1 am. Cops kept driving by with sirens at lower volume maybe as a warning?? Simon was wild until about 1:30. He just loses it over loud noises..:wacko:

yeah my boy does too. thunder drives him crazy. my baby kitty just takes it all in stride!

• Like 1

My old boy is 15 now. It is gut-wrenching to know that he won't be with me for much longer. I've had dogs all my life and I have loved them all deeply, but the bond I have with him is special and unlike any I have had with any of the others. Probably because he is much better at being manipulative than any of my other pets. I doubt he will make the end easy for me as he will likely hang on to the bitter end and make me make the hard decision for him, but I will enjoy him and spoil him rotten while I have him and let him drive me nuts as only he can. 

He doesn't like his picture taken and gets all smiley and anxious about it, but I take pictures of him anyway.

20j5tnt.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

My old boy is 15 now. It is gut-wrenching to know that he won't be with me for much longer. I've had dogs all my life and I have loved them all deeply, but the bond I have with him is special and unlike any I have had with any of the others. Probably because he is much better at being manipulative than any of my other pets. I doubt he will make the end easy for me as he will likely hang on to the bitter end and make me make the hard decision for him, but I will enjoy him and spoil him rotten while I have him and let him drive me nuts as only he can. 

He doesn't like his picture taken and gets all smiley and anxious about it, but I take pictures of him anyway.

20j5tnt.jpg

I used to have a German Pointer that looked just like that. Her name was Blizzard, she was damn near indestructable. She ate rat loison...twice. and then lived 7 more years. She had also been hit by a car. She died at 19. You may have more time than you know.

i can totally empathize with you...i lost the love of my life dog when she was 15. but i try and think of all the great times we had and how i took a pup from the pound days away from being put down and gave her the best life i could. i know this is hard and i hope you have more time with your boy before he goes to the bridge. and when he does i know my baby girl will be among the other fur babies there to greet him...

i am really worried about my 6 year old black lab. he has always been healthy as a horse but today he is very lethargic, not interested in food, playing with his toys or going outside... all things he normally loves to do. he was shaking earlier and heavily panting. should i give him a while and see if he feels better or take him to the vet?? i would appreciate any advice.

20 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

I used to have a German Pointer that looked just like that. Her name was Blizzard, she was damn near indestructable. She ate rat loison...twice. and then lived 7 more years. She had also been hit by a car. She died at 19. You may have more time than you know.

We know he is at least 1/2 German Shorthair, but don't know about the other half for certain. He's much bigger than most of the breed get and his hair is also quite a bit longer. About twice as long as a lab's. He has been having hind-end trouble for a couple years already (and it never really bothered him much, he just obviously didn't have the strength or maneuverability in it  that he used to) but we are now starting to battle arthritis as well. The arthritis is what has me concerned. Winter sucks. However, for his particular case global warming has been a blessing as we haven't had too many bad days. He's never done well in hot weather either. I suppose our only option is to move to someplace in California where the climate is always temperate. :)

20 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

My Malamute cooling off in the 9" of snow we got yesterday20170102_130854.jpg

That is an awesome pic.

Edited by sanity_lost

On 1/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i am really worried about my 6 year old black lab. he has always been healthy as a horse but today he is very lethargic, not interested in food, playing with his toys or going outside... all things he normally loves to do. he was shaking earlier and heavily panting. should i give him a while and see if he feels better or take him to the vet?? i would appreciate any advice.

If not better in the morning, call the vet.

4 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:
7 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

If not better in the morning, call the vet.

Yeah, I would call my vet and ask for his advice.

6 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Yeah, I would call my vet and ask for his advice.

thanks! i did and they said if he wasn't better to bring him in tomorrow. strangely he has gone back to normal, he is sitting at my feet trying to get me to share my tacos at the moments and he barked to go outside then jumped up the stairs when he was done with his business. but if he goes back to appearing sick i will definitely take him in tomorrow :)