Pets!

pinkforgirls

Just now, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Yeah she was- Scottish SPCA found her straying in the outskirts of Glasgow, leg and claws already gone and long healed, she had a microchip but it wasn't registered and no owner came forward for her.  The chip came from either Italy or Canada so that's all we really know of her history!  She's clearly been somebody's at some point but they've either ditched her or she got lost and they gave up looking :( 

well she's lucky she found you :) i always have shelter animals and go for the black ones because they are so overlooked. i also have a wild bunny "pet", he ( she? ) who has a bad back leg but gets around great. i call him Hopalong :P l

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well she's lucky she found you :) i always have shelter animals and go for the black ones because they are so overlooked. i also have a wild bunny "pet", he ( she? ) who has a bad back leg but gets around great. i call him Hopalong :P l

Aww bunnies ^_^

Haha, it's a bit of a thing with veterinary staff that we end up with all the 'defective' animals- one of my nurses ended up adopting a cat who lost his leg after being hit by a car.  He was signed over to us because the owner couldn't/wouldn't pay for treatment, I amputated his leg and she took him on once he was all healed!  We've got a little ginger cat in the clinic at the moment in the same situation- he gets urinary blockages and the owners decided they couldn't keep paying for his treatment, so he's waiting for a new home :(  So hard to not end up bringing them all home!

• Like 1

Just got up and my dog goes to the door barking to go out. It's been raining here for two days, and it's pretty cold outside. I put on his leash, open the door and he stops dead in his tracks. He looked at me like "no, Mom, not going out there it's all wet".  I had to make him go outside. :shrugs:

On 12/6/2016 at 9:26 PM, downliner said:

This is my boy Elliott. He was diagnosed with a Grade 3 mass cell cancerous tumor when he was only 6 years old and only had months to live :cry:

2cfysjo.jpg

He's now 10 years old, is completely clear of his cancer, loves going on daily walks, and all that mess in the photo was totally not his fault! :heart:

yay! this made my day :)

33 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

My dog is having problems adjusting to colder weather, it's his first time in damp, cold weather. He was born in Tucson and is not used to this weather in Georgia. Poor guy, may have to buy him a sweater..;)

similar thing happened to me - I had problems adjusting to colder weather and then I got myself Samoyed - now I hate hot and steamy weather :D 

• Like 1

On 04/12/2016 at 3:50 AM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he is gorgeous! :)

On 01/12/2016 at 7:52 PM, -Jaro- said:

Hi everybody - this is ICE:

his 1st pic from trip to a new home (was 1,5 mnth old then)

IMG_3483.jpg

his "childhood"

IMG_3501.jpg

IMG_3828.jpg

on the snow:

IMG_5152.jpg

summertime:

P7260457.jpg

and from everyday walk

save.jpg

Wow that last shot is pretty spectacular, Samoyed eh?. There's about 3 people around my area that have them, weird thing is they all have two!.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Wow that last shot is pretty spectacular, Samoyed eh?. There's about 3 people around my area that have them, weird thing is they all have two!.

Thanks. I took it (last shot) withmy mobile,but model and that spot made photo great, fog helped also...

And when you get one Samoyed, it's like drugs, you'll soon ask for more :)

ok so since this is the pets section i thought some of you pet lovers will know what i am going through. non pet lovers tend to think people who view their pets as family are not quite right.

today is the anniversary of my beautiful gentle giant black Maine coon cat's death. he was only 5 when he died from polycystic kidney disease. he was diagnosed in late July and made it almost 5 months.

i let him go on too long though. by the end he was down from 27 lbs to very very thin. 

after he died i cried so hard for so long i made myself sick. my friends and family were so worried. they went to the shelter and brought me my baby girl kitty i have now...she saved my life. but i still miss my gentle giant...

trying to remember all the good things though. and we shared a lot of them.

• Like 2

@Whiskey Rose awww thanks, i didn't mean to make you tear up. but he was a heck of a cat :) even near the end he managed to catch a mouse...he was a great hunter even though he didn't have front claws ( he came that way from the shelter, the owners who dumped him also basically amputated part of his front feet, i am so anti-declawing. )

@AxlsFavoriteRose ***hugs*** from me too. I remember when my first pug died, he was 16. I missed four days of work I was so upset. Then someone at work had the nerve to say I was acting like a person had died...I looked her straight in the face and told her I knew some people that I would have rather seen die...:wacko:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I looked her straight in the face and told her I knew some people that I would have rather seen die...:wacko:

yes i know that feeling as well :P and thanks...you guys are all very sweet and making me feel better about today :)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

70x70.jpg[/url]

I had a Norwegian Elkhound named Cody, we had this huge dog house for him and our other big dog in Tucson. He loved rain because his fur was really thick and it would cool him off. Elkhounds are considered to be waterproof because water runs off their fur. On 9/11, of all dates, in 2010 after it rained he went out of the dog house and was lying on ground. Lightning came outta no where and hit a puddle on the ground and ran thru the ground and hit him. The vet could not save him his heart was enlarged from the strike and we had to have him put down. It was the day after his 6th birthday. I don't know if I will ever get over that because he was my big baby and it was such a freak thing. My dogs have all been my children. 

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Added to it