11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

but you got to understand them. They are hearing something completely different than we hear in the concert. Live is a monster. 

Not really, the songs I saw on the videos were all fine.

Also Axl is smiling a lot, having a good time, and people here claiming he has depression again because he doesn't run as much... wtf...

Edited by Asia
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Asia said:

Not really, the songs I saw on the videos were all fine.

yes they are fine. Live they are near perfect performances.

And Axl/dc videos on the other hand are pretty close to perfect on youtube vids too. I need to see them live the get the full picture.

Edited by Russel Nash

From what I've watched so far, Axl's performance was the same level as at the two previous shows: less powerful vocally than the US shows, but not bad. WTTJ was a mess, but it's no big deal (and I didn't hear any "mickey" on it as someone here said last night).

Edited by Blackstar

Just now, Blackstar said:

From what I've watched so far, Axl's performance was the same level as the two previous shows; less powerful vocally than the US shows, but not bad. WTTJ was a mess, but it's no big deal (and I didn't hear any "mickey" on it as someone here said last night).

no mickey at all, don't know who said that but he was not at the show or he's deaf.

WTTJ was a mess from the start, Slash guitar sounded out of tune or with some problems, not noticeable on the videos i saw.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

no mickey at all, don't know who said that but he was not at the show or he's deaf.

WTTJ was a mess from the start, Slash guitar sounded out of tune or with some problems, not noticeable on the videos i saw.

If you watch in youtube one show from the U.S. Tour. And you watch Rosario or the show in Santiago/Lima. You will notice that Axl is not 100% now, at least not in every song

He sounds fine to me, reading your comments i was expecting a disaster but it's not, only a little less powerful, no mickey and we have a person who actually went to the show telling us that he was great live so i don't see the problem or understand the complaining :shrugs:

About the complaining about the setlist, you would get bored if you watch every show when you know that now they follow the programe and tbh i'm pretty young and i never has the occasion to see Axl, Slash and Duff in concert together so i would like to hear the war horses by them.

When people say "he's 54 this is the best he's going to be, I'd like to see you try" I think that's missing the point that in August he sounded like this 

now if someone criticized him here and someone else said "cmon this is the best you can expect from Axl at this point" id completely agree! Houston was the best of 2016 GNR Axl. 

But hopefully nobody thinks what Axl has done on this leg is the best he has. His voice doesn't sound as seem less as it was on the NA tour, even songs like Nightrain sound forced now, I'm not going to comment on Jungle last night bc it is what it is. Best hope is he's just not feeling well and will bounce back soon. With the number of shows he's done this year the biggest worry is vocal damage or fatigue. Hopefully neither. 

7 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not allowed to criticise Axl now seemingly because mobile phones record an entirely different concert.

False, if you compare mobile phone recording to mobile phone recording it's fair game. If you compare pro shot recording to mobile recording it's inaccurate

most heartwarming moment of the whole tour I think 

Edited by IncitingChaos

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are not allowed to criticise Axl now seemingly because mobile phones record an entirely different concert.

Lol. Yet he sounds amazing on the ACDC YouTube vids. So do GnR fans just own old and outdated cellphones and acdc fans own cellphones with better audio technology?

And for the record, I'm not anti-Axl.  I'm Anti-people insulting those that share a different opinion than they do. I'm glad Axl is touring and that audiences are having a blast. 

Hopefully the boys will toss some new songs into the setlist in the near future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

False, if you compare mobile phone recording to mobile phone recording it's fair game. If you compare pro shot recording to mobile recording it's inaccurate

most heartwarming moment of the whole tour I think 

A phone only records what is put in front of it. It does not mysteriously record a different show, at which Axl is dreadful. It is a thoroughly accurate barometer of a band's performance. Why do these complaints not surface when Axl has a good show, like how he sung with AC/DC - ''that is not good as we can not accurately tell as it is recorded on a phone''. The phone thing is more Axlite nonsense.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

A phone only records what is put in front of it. It does not mysteriously record a different show, at which Axl is dreadful. It is a thoroughly accurate barometer of a band's performance. Why do these complaints not surface when Axl has a good show, like how he sung with AC/DC - ''that is not good as we can not accurately tell as it is recorded on a phone''. The phone thing is more Axlite nonsense.

Because Axl kicked ass with ACDC and everyone dismisses it as him getting to sing in one range versus the 6 trillion ranges of gnr despite Axl covering 4 decades of ACDC music and two different singers, when really nobody wants to admit he was singing better FOR ACDC than he is with GNR. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

That's bullshit. I don't want to go into specifics, but pretty much every mic on the phones is designed to be audible at phone calls.

It's true, Axl/dc youtube videos sounds very good and GNR for the most part not. But that maybe has to do with some sound set up to be different, i am not expert. I was at Rosario last night and he sounded fucking phenomenal. Let me ask you, have you been to a GNR show this year? Have you been to an AXL/DC show ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Because Axl kicked ass with ACDC and everyone dismisses it as him getting to sing in one range versus the 6 trillion ranges of gnr despite Axl covering 4 decades of ACDC music and two different singers, when really nobody wants to admit he was singing better FOR ACDC than he is with GNR. 

I need to assist to the actual show first to admit that.

It seems to be the case, he's better at AXL/DC from the youtube/periscope. But once again, i was last night.. and he delivered his best. At least vocally.

Edited by Russel Nash

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I agree. Axl even went on record as saying an AC/DC song is the hardest song he has ever song (I think it was Hell's Bell) but this was dismissed by the axlites as it did not fit their point of view.

Axl was - is - of course superb with AC/DC.

1 minute ago, Russel Nash said:

That's bullshit. I don't want to go into specifics, but pretty much every mic on the phones is designed to be audible at phone calls.

It's true, Axl/dc youtube videos sounds very good and GNR for the most part not. But that maybe has to do with some sound set up to be different, i am not expert. I was at Rosario last night and he sounded fucking phenomenal. Let me ask you, have you been to a GNR show this year? Have you been to an AXL/DC show ?

You can only record what is in front of you - spoken from somebody who has a sizable collection of Neil Young and Stones bootlegs that sounded like they were recorded in a toilet. The technological deficiencies are sort of evident, and borne in mind by most listeners of bootleg recordings.

I listened to the earliest DC shows on periscope (Lisbon?) and was generally shocked at the calibre of Axl's vocalist. I downloaded the second Vegas show and found it rather terrible - not just Axl but Slash's bum notes. Besides that, no beyond the odd clip.

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree. Axl even went on record as saying an AC/DC song is the hardest song he has ever song (I think it was Hell's Bell) but this was dismissed by the axlites as it did not fit their point of view.

Axl was - is - of course superb with AC/DC.

You can only record what is in front of you - spoken from somebody who has a sizable collection of Neil Young and Stones bootlegs that sounded like they were recorded in a toilet. The technological deficiencies are sort of evident, and borne in mind by most listeners of bootleg recordings.

I listened to the earliest DC shows on periscope (Lisbon?) and was generally shocked at the calibre of Axl's vocalist. I downloaded the second Vegas show and found it rather terrible - not just Axl but Slash's bum notes. Besides that, no beyond the odd clip.

i have the same feeling. Rocked on Lisbon, sucked on Las Vegas. But every one who went they where blown away. I remain with this thought till yesterday. He sounded superb, sounded best here than 2010 in Velez. More controlled.

I do think he's better and more in to it in ACDC, hoping they come down here for a tour and hear it from myself. But i am 100% sure that youtube vids of GNR don't make justice to what it is live. Could be a sound set up.

There is this really close to mickey range at sounds terrible at youtube, but sounds awesome live. Dirty deeds from the first leg is the close we have to compare, since there's a lot of songs that rasp is an obligation.

Edited by Russel Nash
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

i have the same feeling. Rocked on Lisbon, sucked on Las Vegas. But every one who went they where blown away. I remain with this thought till yesterday. He sounded superb, sounded best here than 2010 in Velez. More controlled.

I do think he's better and more in to it in ACDC, hoping they come down here for a tour and hear it from myself. But i am 100% sure that youtube vids of GNR don't make justice to what it is live. Could be a sound set up.

There is this really close to mickey range that sounds terrible at youtube, but sounds awesome live. Dirty deeds from the first leg is the close we have to compare, since there's a lot of songs that rasp is an obligation.